Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Battery advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 08:01 PM
flyboyfarr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery advice

Hey All, I'm starting to get the hang of flying my Falcon 40 but the flight time kinda sucks, since I only have one battery. I get about 5-8 minutes flight time on a single charge. Any advice on battery upgrades or any tweaking that will increase the flight time, or should I just get another battery. I've read a little on lithium batteries and theres a website called rtf-heli.com that has an 11.1v lithium battery. Will that do the trick and if so how much flight time will I get.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:18 AM
dknovick

Default RE: Battery advice

ORIGINAL: flyboyfarr

Hey All, I'm starting to get the hang of flying my Falcon 40 but the flight time kinda sucks, since I only have one battery. I get about 5-8 minutes flight time on a single charge. Any advice on battery upgrades or any tweaking that will increase the flight time, or should I just get another battery. I've read a little on lithium batteries and theres a website called rtf-heli.com that has an 11.1v lithium battery. Will that do the trick and if so how much flight time will I get.

Lipo battery is your best bet to increase your flight time. You can get something that's the same capacity, and it will be much lighter, or you could get something with a larger capacity that will weight the same of the NiMH.

I can't say about rtf-heli, but a lot of us buy our stuff from UShobbysupply.com (great prices, fast shipping, very helpful).

You'll have to get a charger that will charge Lipos (and UShobbysupply does sell them).

p.s. we have a great source of Falcon 40 fliers here:
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4826535/tm.htm]Falcon 40 forum[/link]

-Dave
Old 10-26-2009, 07:24 PM
flyboyfarr

Hey thanks dknovick I checked out ushobbysupply.com they have so many batteries to choose from and the 11.1v battery looks too big for the falcon 40. Any idea what type of lipo I should upgrade to?
Old 10-27-2009, 10:46 AM
dknovick

ORIGINAL: flyboyfarr

Hey thanks dknovick I checked out ushobbysupply.com they have so many batteries to choose from and the 11.1v battery looks too big for the falcon 40. Any idea what type of lipo I should upgrade to?
The stock NiMH battery has a capacity of 700mAh, so something that size or larger. If you do use the 11.1V battery packs, I recommend the fuse protection for the 4in1. I also totally recommend upgrading to super skids. It will protect your bird from rough landings, and will be able to hold just able any size battery pack you throw at it.

Michael has both 7.4V and 11.1V 800mAh Lipos that would work very well.
Or you could try something in the range of 1100-1500mAh for an even longer run time.

I have a 11.1V 850mAh battery on my Falcon 40 and I get 10-15 mins of run time.

-Dave
Old 10-29-2009, 07:15 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used a 7.4v lipo 1200mah on the falcon 40 and my flight time has increased to 11 minutes +.

Andy