Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Battery advice

Hey All, I'm starting to get the hang of flying my Falcon 40 but the flight time kinda sucks, since I only have one battery. I get about 5-8 minutes flight time on a single charge. Any advice on battery upgrades or any tweaking that will increase the flight time, or should I just get another battery. I've read a little on lithium batteries and theres a website called rtf-heli.com that has an 11.1v lithium battery. Will that do the trick and if so how much flight time will I get.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Battery advice

ORIGINAL: flyboyfarr

Hey All,Β* I'm starting to get the hang of flying my Falcon 40 but the flight time kinda sucks, since I only have one battery. I get about 5-8 minutes flight time on a single charge.Β* Any advice on battery upgrades or any tweakingΒ* that will increase the flight time, or should I just get another battery.Β* I've read a little on lithium batteries and theres a website called rtf-heli.com that has an 11.1v lithium battery.Β* Will that do the trick and if so how much flight time will I get.

Lipo battery is your best bet to increase your flight time. You can get something that's the same capacity, and it will be much lighter, or you could get something with a larger capacity that will weight the same of the NiMH.

I can't say about rtf-heli, but a lot of us buy our stuff from UShobbysupply.com (great prices, fast shipping, very helpful).

You'll have to get a charger that will charge Lipos (and UShobbysupply does sell them).

p.s. we have a great source of Falcon 40 fliers here:
    Falcon 40 forum

-Dave
    Helicopter: Closest fulfillment of the flying horse and magic carpet. Igor Sikorsky
    Royal EVO9 TX/F40,HBFP,Trex450Sport

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey thanks dknovick I checked out ushobbysupply.com they have so many batteries to choose from and the 11.1v battery looks too big for the falcon 40. Any idea what type of lipo I should upgrade to?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: flyboyfarr

Hey thanks dknovickΒ* I checked out ushobbysupply.com they have so many batteries to choose from and the 11.1v battery looks too big for the falcon 40.Β* Any idea what type of lipo I should upgrade to?
    The stock NiMH battery has a capacity of 700mAh, so something that size or larger. If you do use the 11.1V battery packs, I recommend the fuse protection for the 4in1. I also totally recommend upgrading to super skids. It will protect your bird from rough landings, and will be able to hold just able any size battery pack you throw at it.

Michael has both 7.4V and 11.1V 800mAh Lipos that would work very well.
    Or you could try something in the range of 1100-1500mAh for an even longer run time.

I have a 11.1V 850mAh battery on my Falcon 40 and I get 10-15 mins of run time.

-Dave
    Helicopter: Closest fulfillment of the flying horse and magic carpet. Igor Sikorsky
    Royal EVO9 TX/F40,HBFP,Trex450Sport

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've used a 7.4v lipo 1200mah on the falcon 40 and my flight time has increased to 11 minutes +.

Andy
    Andy - Official Exceed RC Support Forum Host