Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Service & Repair

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 10:38 AM
doogietim02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service & Repair

I am looking for a good service shop to tune my Exceed r/c G2 SE back into flying mode like it was OOT box from the factory prior to a crash. All parts that needed replaced have been done. still with unstable tail rotor and frustrated enoughto get it serviced.

Thanks
Old 10-01-2009, 05:47 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Service & Repair

We offer this service and we can restore the heli back to factory default and it's $40. I need your order number. Let me know if you want to do this.

Andy
Old 10-22-2009, 09:12 PM
doogietim02

Thanks Andy that is something I may need to do, however, since posting I have been able to fix my broken parts with new ones. I do have a slightly bent tail boom but I am able to fly. Since I am a newbie I have only been flying in the garage with anti crash balls. My flying consists of only hovering abouit three feet above ground. I have gotten pretty good but feel practicing daily will be good for a little while longer before venturing outside.

I do have a question though. After trying different sensitivities on my gyro, i continue to get some tail wag. When I first start to hover, all is well, but as I apply some tail rotor then it begins a slow tail wag. I still have great control but how can I stop the wag?

Thanks Again
Tim
Old 10-23-2009, 12:52 PM
doogietim02

Thanks Andy that is something I may need to do, however, since posting I have been able to fix my broken parts with new ones. I do have a slightly bent tail boom but I am able to fly. Since I am a newbie I have only been flying in the garage with anti crash balls. My flying consists of only hovering abouit three feet above ground. I have gotten pretty good but feel practicing daily will be good for a little while longer before venturing outside.

I do have a question though. After trying different sensitivities on my gyro, i continue to get some tail wag. When I first start to hover, all is well, but as I apply some tail rotor then it begins a slow tail wag. I still have great control but how can I stop the wag?

Thanks Again
Tim
Old 10-29-2009, 07:23 PM
yadac123

to stop the wag you need to reduce the sensitivity on the gain. Too much gain will cause the tail to rock left and right. Keep this in mind, because you don't have a digital fast servo, you will have a bit of wag. To have a tail that's lock the tail 100% you'll need a digital fast tail servo to work with it.

Andy
Old 10-30-2009, 10:39 PM
soufcarolina31

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I am having with my Falcon 40 reciever. My understanding is that when your heli has tail wag you are to adjust the pot on the Falcon 40 reciever. When Iadjust the pot on the reciever to stop the tail wag, however, it does very little to stop the wagging. I assumed that my tail motor was going bad. I switched out the stock Falcon 40 (4 in 1) and stock Falcon 40 transmitter with an Esky transmitter and E-flite (3 in 1) and I was able to get rid of the tail wag. Is it possible that the gryo or the pot on the stock Falcon 40 reciever is bad? I am thinking of just buying another Eflite 3 in1 becuase my Falcon 40 (4 in 1) is just giving me too many problems. Any help with this reciever issue would be appreciated.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:47 PM
soufcarolina31

I forgot to mention my heli setup.
Falcon 40 4ch helicopter V1
AEO POWER20amp brushless esc
AEO POWER3300kv brushless motor
GWSDDtail motor with a EP-4530 prop
Optional parts used: Esky 4ch transmitter (EK0404)
E-flite 3in1 (EFLH1031) controller
Exceed RC stock 4ch transmitter
Exceed RC stock 4 in 1 controller
Old 10-31-2009, 10:47 AM
dknovick

ORIGINAL: soufcarolina31

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I am having with my Falcon 40 reciever. My understanding is that when your heli has tail wag you are to adjust the pot on the Falcon 40 reciever. When I adjust the pot on the reciever to stop the tail wag, however, it does very little to stop the wagging. I assumed that my tail motor was going bad. I switched out the stock Falcon 40 (4 in 1) and stock Falcon 40 transmitter with an Esky transmitter and E-flite (3 in 1) and I was able to get rid of the tail wag. Is it possible that the gryo or the pot on the stock Falcon 40 reciever is bad? I am thinking of just buying another Eflite 3 in1 becuase my Falcon 40 (4 in 1) is just giving me too many problems. Any help with this reciever issue would be appreciated.
The pot is suppose to adjust the gain on the tail motor. It's worked for some, and done nothing for others. I hooked mine to an o-scope and could see no change on the output to the tail motor when I adjusted the pot from 0 to 3.3V. There is no stop on the pot, you can can spin it round-and-round.

p.s. There's a great source of info and people on the thread dedicated to the Falcon 40:
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4826535/tm.htm]Falcon 40 forum[/link]

-Dave
Old 11-04-2009, 08:09 PM
yadac123

it is possible the gyro's electronic on the 4 in 1 receiver from the falcon 40 is bad. Normally when I adjust the pot on the receiver I need to disconnect the battery and then connect it for the new setting to be stored.

Andy