Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 02:56 AM
zarrath

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

ORIGINAL: eugenegrimley

which tires are they ?

Old 09-22-2011, 04:04 AM
thehuntingterminator

2.8 Badlands
Old 09-22-2011, 07:11 AM
namewasdallas

Congrats on the new Storm to guy above, They look so nice brand new Do you have any plans on modding it??? If you got any questions drop a line and ill shoot ya some answers.

32- That Police hummer storm is pretty cool looking Got to pick up the same style rear tires as the fronts tho.

Mercerbeef- Sorry but im looking for a tc3,4,5 I really wanna stick with a tc4-5 because they come with a better platform then the tc-3 and the aftermarket support is crazy for the AE Tc's

I have plans of running it with the 4800 vektor motor and the ESC  on 3s with something like 69-70t Spur and a 25-31t Pinion and get a good Areo Body and crack 100MPH.

Anyways I got my Losi 35wt. Shock oil last night and and took apart the shocks and cleaned them all up. There was hardly any shock oil in them from the factory.... I filled them right up to the top and I think I did a good job and didnt get any air bubbles in them. There so smooth feeling now, I wanna take it out for a spin but its raining on and off. Hopefully this weekend I'll take it out for a run and see how it handles. I also switched the front shock tower mounting location to the very inside hole and the bottom of the shock is the far out hole near the wheel. Going to see if it makes any difference.

Does anyone that runs the Blitz Spurs and Slipper setup have issues with them, If I don't run the slipper basicaly locked up after 2-3x out running and it slipping the pads just stop gripping and just slip to the point where the truck doesnt move even tho I can lock it all the way up
Old 09-22-2011, 10:34 AM
nitro-rob

Welcome Peloche. The thread is getting pretty big, but the last 100 pages or so are likely most of what needs to be read.

Thanks to new members showing their stuff off.  

I am still in India and have been crawling for a few packs every day.  There is a whole bunch of junk and rough areas near the hotels and locations we are working at to find a challenge.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:36 AM
nitro-rob

I normally run the slipper tight.  My ESE slipper did blow a few sets of pads a few months ago when I had it 2-3 turns out and I have it about 1 turn at the most now and havn't had a problem.  If I recall properly the blown slipper pad in one case caused the slipper pad to become 'sanded' about half a milimeter based on how it slipped wrecking the aluminum friction pads.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Rcforme...

Hey guys,

I'l get an E-Firestorm Flux soon, but I can't choose between black-orange and pink-yellow. I already found some real life pictures of the black-orange one, but no real life pictures of the pink-yellow one. Only some white background pics. Can somebody with a pink-yellow E-Firestorm Flux post some pictures?
Old 09-23-2011, 08:29 AM
Peloche

Thanks for your welcome nitro-rob.

Hope you enjoy your stay .

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

Welcome Peloche. The thread is getting pretty big, but the last 100 pages or so are likely most of what needs to be read.
Thanks to new members showing their stuff off.
I am still in India and have been crawling for a few packs every day. There is a whole bunch of junk and rough areas near the hotels and locations we are working at to find a challenge.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:29 PM
eugenegrimley

I am looking at getting a stronger servo. I would like to use the Traxxas 2075 (digital/water proof) but from what ive read it dosnt fit so I am looking at:
Futaba S3152- digital
HPI SF-50- analog
niether are water proof any recomendations between the two or better suggestions?

Old 09-23-2011, 05:34 PM
thehuntingterminator

you don't want any Traxxas servo. i've had both the standard version and the 2056 model and they're both way underpowered.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:46 PM
f150dan
My Feedback: (18)

I run a Hitec 5955. I know its expensive but definitely worth the money. Very fast, strong, and durable.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:46 PM
thehuntingterminator

there also some good quality, yet cheap servos from hobbyking. check them out.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:25 AM
Peloche

ORIGINAL: namewasdallas

Congrats on the new Storm to guy above, They look so nice brand new Do you have any plans on modding it??? If you got any questions drop a line and ill shoot ya some answers.
Hi namewasdallas,

I suppose that I was the "guy above", thanks for your congrats and your help, for modding I've already started by myself with the help of a square post and I had to change the following:

Otherwise first modding is LARGEs front and rear bumpers and wheelie T-bar.

Edit after f150dan help to show pics

Old 09-24-2011, 07:33 AM
f150dan
My Feedback: (18)

fixed for ya
Old 09-24-2011, 07:58 AM
Peloche

Thanks f150dan

ORIGINAL: f150dan

fixed for ya

Old 09-24-2011, 06:23 PM
namewasdallas

So I've been thinking of buying a 1/10th scale Touring Car to do 100mph speed runs instead of wrecking my storm, I came across a guy from a local hobbie shop selling his Hot Boddies Cyclone TC for $125 its a roller with a Servo which is all I need I got my stock Firestorm brushless setup to drop in it and run 3s, The Cyclone TC is a AWD Belt driven car.

Speaking of cars the B16a in my 98 Civic Needs a new timming belt I caught it before it skipped a tooth and slapped a piston into a valve, I herd a flapping noise yesterday and figured out it was coming from the timming belt, I pulled the timming cover off and what I could see was at least 5 teeth missing from the Timming belt, I'm not sure if the tensioner broke and came loose causing the belt to tear up or what happened yet.

-Peloche- A few good mods to do that dont cost any money and make the truck handle better is to adjust the shock mounting location as follows.

Front Shock- Top shock middle hole in shock Tower, Bottom part of shock far out hole closest to the wheel.

Rear Shocks, Bottom outside hole, Top far inside hole.

You can also try the Team Associated Springs I run blue's on the front and green on the back and it handles great
Old 09-24-2011, 07:49 PM
ruststang94
My Feedback: (39)

Hey guys just picked up a new E-firestorm flux waterproof. I couldn't keep my hands off it.. lol Didn't even drive it yet and I put my mamba max pro in it. haven't decided which motor yet. Ether the 3800kv or pick up the 2400kv motor. I did a little searching around the forum to see what everyone is doing. Seeing some good stuff. I want to play with the gear ratio but I cant find any spur options. What are you doing for spurs?
Old 09-24-2011, 11:29 PM
Peloche

ORIGINAL: namewasdallas

So I've been thinking of buying a 1/10th scale Touring Car to do 100mph speed runs instead of wrecking my storm, I came across a guy from a local hobbie shop selling his Hot Boddies Cyclone TC for $125 its a roller with a Servo which is all I need I got my stock Firestorm brushless setup to drop in it and run 3s, The Cyclone TC is a AWD Belt driven car.

Speaking of cars the B16a in my 98 Civic Needs a new timming belt I caught it before it skipped a tooth and slapped a piston into a valve, I herd a flapping noise yesterday and figured out it was coming from the timming belt, I pulled the timming cover off and what I could see was at least 5 teeth missing from the Timming belt, I'm not sure if the tensioner broke and came loose causing the belt to tear up or what happened yet.

-Peloche- A few good mods to do that dont cost any money and make the truck handle better is to adjust the shock mounting location as follows.

Front Shock- Top shock middle hole in shock Tower, Bottom part of shock far out hole closest to the wheel.

Rear Shocks, Bottom outside hole, Top far inside hole.

You can also try the Team Associated Springs I run blue's on the front and green on the back and it handles great
Hi namewasdallas,

Sorry for your belt

Schock mounting:

Front : stock position is already as per your advice

Rear :

1 - Should move the top to the inside hole

2 - How to set the adjustement ring ? it's loose at the time being

3 - Is it a place to install a second schock ?

Old 09-25-2011, 12:40 AM
tails13

The orange point you pointed out is for if you reverse the rear arms on the car. Reversing the rear arms gives it a longer wheel base.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:52 AM
Peloche

ORIGINAL: tails13

The orange point you pointed out is for if you reverse the rear arms on the car. Reversing the rear arms gives it a longer wheel base.
Hi tails13,

Thanks for your explanation, I assume that longer wheel base is good for on-road racing only.

Old 09-25-2011, 05:52 AM
tails13

ORIGINAL: Peloche

ORIGINAL: tails13

Hi tails13,

Thanks for your explanation, I assume that longer wheel base is good for on-road racing only.

I've reversed the arms on my storm. I did it to give it a little bit more stability on longer turns. I mainly run at bmx tracks with big, long banked corners; so a little bit more under steer was handy. For tight tracks I'd say the stock wheelbase would be fine.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:58 AM
Peloche

Hi all,

How do you clean wheel axles ?

I'd like to use WD40 but since there is an orange silicon o-ring (6819) I don't know if WD40 will destroy this ring, what do you think ?

Old 09-25-2011, 01:51 PM
namewasdallas

Dont use WD-40, buy a can of computer duster, its compressed air andjust blow it out, I do that all the time good for getting small hard to get place, buy two different size paint brushes and a tooth brush to scrub dirt off parts. I can clean my entire truck in 30 mins.

#1 in the picture Mount that shock to where the arrow is pointed the far inside hole.

#2- To figure out how much preload you want there's two options, you can adjust them till the rear control arms are flat or to where the dog bones are flat. Where there at now looks pretty close to where it should be, So just set it on a table and adjust untill one of the two are flat, They both help with traction and landings off jumps and bumps.

I would buy some LOSI Shock Oil 35wt its like 7-8$ because if you open up the shocks at least on mine there was like no fluid and when you take the spring off they didnt have any rebound. So if i compressed the shock it would stay compressed half way...

Also running the Team Associated Springs Blue's on Front and Green's out back made a world of difference.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:52 PM
namewasdallas

Im picking one of these up , Ive prolly posted this like 5x but here's a picture. Hot Boddies Cyclone TC

Old 09-25-2011, 02:03 PM
mercerbeef

the tc is nice, my cycloneS is the plastic version, with some alum.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:31 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go away for the weekend and have alot of posts to read... I see some new firestorm owners, Welcome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.