Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official E-FIRESTORM thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 09:08 AM
butcher806
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-FIRESTORM thread

@Nitro-rob

Ihave the T-Bone front bumper and Idon't notice wheelies at high speed. During some speed runs Inoticed that once Igot going the front end stayed down. It does wheelie alot with the brushless setup but not at max speed. Iwas hitting around 48 mph with my 3S until Imelted my esc.

My firestorm is all stock except the motor/esc so Iam guessing the extra weight is helping me. Ihave seen pics of your firestorm and it must be much lighter.

Not much info but hope it helps.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:39 PM
thehuntingterminator

it is perfectly safe to charge your 5000mah pack at 5A. what you read was saying that charging at a lower rate is better for the pack's life cycle, meaning doing this in theory will let the pack last more cycles before having to be thrown away. personally, i say charge it at 1C (5A in your case) and then dispose of the pack when it finally puffs. either way, as long as you ren't abusing your packs, they should last a good while.
ORIGINAL: namewasdallas

has anyone had issue's with the boddy cracking near the rear body mounts and on the side to the body mounts, Mines all messed up so i ordered the blue and white body cause blue is my favorite color and it goes with my blue shocks.

What should I Balance Charge my 2s 5000mah Lipo's at AMP wise?

I Curenttly set the charger at 5amps for Balance charging. I thought i read the other day to balance charge on the lowest setting?

Old 09-13-2011, 04:58 PM
nitro-rob

ORIGINAL: butcher806

@Nitro-rob

Ihave the T-Bone front bumper and Idon't notice wheelies at high speed. During some speed runs Inoticed that once Igot going the front end stayed down. It does wheelie alot with the brushless setup but not at max speed. Iwas hitting around 48 mph with my 3S until Imelted my esc.

My firestorm is all stock except the motor/esc so Iam guessing the extra weight is helping me. Ihave seen pics of your firestorm and it must be much lighter.

Not much info but hope it helps.
My storm was heavier than a stock brushed firestorm! Comparing brushless to brushless and the changes I've made since its about 140g lighter (didn't weigh the trucks, just the parts weights). I am going to try some speed runs without the bumper next time I feel like going up a few pinion teeth.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:09 AM
namewasdallas

whats your current gearing setup Nitro-Rob???

I've been running 77/24 smallest pinion I can run with the 77t Spur it goes about 50 and I use this setup for racing on my buddys track on 2s and it goes well. The 3800kv motor has enough torque to make it fast out the hole and when it gets wound up it ripps like a bat out of hell down the front straight, sometimes ill be behind on the straight and pin it and it catchs up some fast i plow into the back of someone haha.

I kept noticing with the Losi front tires i had orderd that the truck kept pushing in the turns and i switch back to the stock front tires and it doesnt do it, I think it was because the Losi front's didn't have has deep of a tread pattern and are track after 10-15 laps becomes loose on top and they didn't have enough traction So I had to keep hitting  the brakes to pitch the back end around and hope it lined me up

If anyones intrested here's a link to my castle 2400kv motor in the marketplace

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=781383.

Old 09-14-2011, 12:08 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may give my storm a good going over when my Flux XS get here...[8D]
Old 09-14-2011, 04:58 PM
f150dan
My Feedback: (18)

I can't wait to try out and show you guys the new carbon fiber motor plate I'm having made for me. Stay tuned
Old 09-14-2011, 05:53 PM
nitro-rob

Looking forward to it.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:06 AM
namewasdallas

There's a thread with some new HPI trucks coming out theres a 1/18th Mini Recon coming out for $99.99 I'm going to order it looks sick.

Last night i didnt do to much racing was helping my buddy take his aftermarket parts off his S2000 cause hes trading it in for a 2010 WRX, His girlfriend just got a 2011 WRX and a day later were taking off all the parts on his car to trade it in lol. Love at first sight much....      Anyways on the track last night luckly I wasnt going fast my truck just randomly darted off the track and almost hit a rock firepit, come to find out I lost a screw on the steering rack and I could only go right... We brought it inside and fixed it in less then a minute we got lucky and didnt have to take the front end apart to fix it
Old 09-15-2011, 06:08 AM
namewasdallas

Here's the Recon

Old 09-15-2011, 02:37 PM
redfisher1974

Got my Flux XS today, Man its solid as a tank....
Old 09-15-2011, 04:31 PM
namewasdallas

Redfisher- Post some pictures of the truck I wanna check it out
Old 09-15-2011, 06:08 PM
AIRSAVAGE

That mini recon looks pretty cool. Maybe a good truck for my son to start with!
Old 09-16-2011, 06:39 AM
redfisher1974

You can see my pics in the Savage Flux XS thread.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:15 PM
namewasdallas

So today I got my New Rpm Rear hubs and bearing's the RPMS have a extra hole for adjustment which is nice 3 instead of 2 like the stockers. The Bearings that came with it are different they don't have a black crown its weird tan looking crown.  Also got my Blue and white Body and it makes the truck look big compaired to the orange and black one but i digg it. The Rpms took away all the rear wheel wiggle I had. I'm very pleased.

Anyways was working on my track did some driving and next thing I know my truck was making sounds like something in the tranny broke or the Spur was getting chewed up. Brought it home took the tranny apart looked fine took the diff apart that looked fine but had little to no greese in it so i took some Costal Brand greese up to 500F. and loaded it up feels a little better and is smoother. Still couldnt figure out the truck it got to the point where it wouldnt move at all and just make this awful sound. Anyways it ended up being my slipper pads were shot, And I was smart and orderd 2 sets of the Blitz ESE Pads before so I poped out the old and in went the new and readjusted the slipper and that was the issue. I just don't get why it made that awful noise from the slipper but it did and now it runs perfect. I also tossed a small amount of greese on the gears in the tranny so it isnt metal on metal.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:35 PM
redfisher1974

I use the grease for brake calipers in my diff, Gives a nice semi locked feel. Heres my xS

Old 09-17-2011, 03:20 PM
nitro-rob

Greetings from Mumbai, India!  I brought my crawler but couldn't fit the storm.    Did you get dinged with duty on the XS?  Sorry to hear about the speed controller.

Old 09-17-2011, 03:34 PM
redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

Greetings from Mumbai, India! I brought my crawler but couldn't fit the storm. Did you get dinged with duty on the XS? Sorry to hear about the speed controller.

You dont pay duty, You pay the HST and a small fee for the paper work. $40 was the total. Not too worried about the esc as I do not have a lipo yet that fits and they are coming from China, So I bet my new ESC and lipos will show up at the same time[&:]
Old 09-17-2011, 05:41 PM
namewasdallas

what happened to the ESC on that truck?

I did a bunch of work on my track today and i almost got the tripple setup perfect its so hard to make small jumps of these truck's. I use to make big bike jumps when i bmx  back in the day and those were so simple. I think I may pick up a carbon fiber battery strap and servo brace even tho I should take that money and get my cyber 10b running so i got something different to tinker with
Old 09-18-2011, 12:04 AM
redfisher1974

it went up in smoke....[]
Old 09-18-2011, 05:07 AM
f150dan
My Feedback: (18)

Once you "let the magic smoke out" electronics just don't work again. Lol
Old 09-18-2011, 07:19 AM
namewasdallas

wow thats pretty lame it burnt up. What type of ESC is that modeled after is it a sv2 in a MMP case?  Or is it not a Castle ESC
Old 09-18-2011, 12:18 PM
namewasdallas

I Finished my track now, finally got the tripple perfect you can easily tripple it or double it if you'd like I just need to level out some ruts on the straights and pick up some plastic drainage pipe to make a devider, It's a 3 car limit track and that may be pushing it as its not that wide and when you got 2-3 trucks racing at once space is at a preimum, I havent had anyone to race with on it yet just been me testing it but im gonna start getting my friends to come over after work and race under the lights, AKA 1000watt Tripod Shop light. Works great cost $30.00 at Home Depot

Old 09-18-2011, 01:07 PM
redfisher1974

ORIGINAL: namewasdallas

wow thats pretty lame it burnt up. What type of ESC is that modeled after is it a sv2 in a MMP case? Or is it not a Castle ESC
They say its a sv2 with a fan
Old 09-18-2011, 01:16 PM
namewasdallas

Is anyone running any of  these option parts?????/

I was thinking of buying the orange one there suppose to help with steering which is the firestorm could deff improve apon, I was going to order the orange one its 3 degrees and  they say its heavy which will add weight to the front end which will be benafical, to keeping the front end down,
Old 09-18-2011, 01:18 PM
mercerbeef

is it from HPI or STRC?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.