Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Drifting
Reload this Page >

Another "I need a car" thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Drifting Discuss all aspects of rc drifting here!

Another "I need a car" thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 11:40 PM
cloudflying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another "I need a car" thread

Hey, I am a total noob when it comes to rc cars.I have flown planes/helis for a while and I really want a drift/touring type car. Mostly drifting though as Ijust want something to tool around with on days I am grounded due to wind/weather. Ihave been looking at the hpi spring 2 drift cars, Ido not like the idea of painting the body as my painting skills arent that great. I have read a TON of reviews on these and other cars and this seems to be the best choice. Am I wrong? Is there a better option? I need something RTR for $250 ish tops. Any ideas?
Old 01-30-2012, 02:45 AM
bashingozzy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Another

Tamiya tt01 loads of hop ups and they are very strong and easy to work on.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:18 AM
icedude1989

if you have sprint 2 store close by, go for it. i have a friend of mine which has bought one recently. they have taken out some of the snags it had on the older version like the enclosed rear diff and so on. it drifts real great out of the box so thats a plus. for tune ups until now all we did was lock the rear diff with hot glue, tightened a bit the front springs and its already super easy to drift with.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:42 AM
vicious p

I've been driving my HPI sprint 2 drift for two days now and im very pleased with the performance. Thought i was going to immediately drop in a brushless setup but i see no need for it unless your just trying to gain more runtime because this thing has plenty of power. The only thing i don't like is i have too many lipos and its FUN.. So i end up running the damn car all night after work and am missing some sleep so works not so fun today but man they are a blast.

Just plan on stopping by Lowes and buying some 2" ABS piping to make more tires with cause they go fast on rough concrete or asphalt. No big deal though its very easy and there is alot of how-to videos on youtube to show you exactly how to do it. Hope this helps.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:53 AM
kstmRYD

I have a brand new Tamiya TA05 ver.II... spankin brand new! Never even seen the floor! Futaba 3PL-2.4Ghz rx/tx brand new! Eagle Racing 60gram Servo brand new! Eagle Racing Shocks new as well, every part is new. The only used parts are the Castle Creation Side Winder and 5700Kv motor. Lots of brand new spare parts come with it too...bulkheads, hubs, wheels... a new set of Raikou D68 tires.. once you use these you will forget about ABS...virtually indestructible

I put in a front one way - rear solid spool - high angle 46mm CVD's and alloy C hubs and Eagle Racing shocks with 3 different spring sets (red,green,blue) and front alloy bulkheads. All manuals and booklets for chassis, ESC/Motor and Radio come with it. The Futaba system alone is still new in the box.

I'm not parting it out...whole thing goes as one!

$285.00 shipped[/size] great price for chassis, all electronics, radio, esc and motor! on top of that shipped... a steal!

If you want to counter steer it has a 39T pulley in front... all it needs is a 16T front center and 22T front rear with a 36T pulley on rear spool and you have 1.5CS or
40T/16T front and 22T/30T rear and you have 1.8CS...ratios are endless or you can just leave it as is if your new to drifting

RAIKOU D68 TIRES

Eagle Racing 46mm high angle CVD's installed with alloy C hub that gives it plenty of clearance for wild steering mods.

FUTABA 3PL Rx/Tx spankin brand new in the box...never ever used!

Old 02-02-2012, 07:43 AM
icedude1989

vicious p, get yourself some raikou drift tyres. have had the dxpe's on both chassis i have for a looooong time. same goes for d68's. they have great performance but wear out real slow man.