Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 11:34 AM
reut1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Savage Flux XS thread...

definitely kind of rediculous. sent it out feb 12th.

i actually shipped my bikes brake out for service on april 10th from CT to TX, they got it on the 13th and it was repaired and got back to me on the 19th. now that it service. not this hpi business...i knwo i know there was a back order, but i spoke with them after they had my motor/esc for 3 weeks and they hadnt even looked at it at that point
Old 04-23-2012, 12:03 PM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: reut1

definitely kind of rediculous. sent it out feb 12th.

i actually shipped my bikes brake out for service on april 10th from CT to TX, they got it on the 13th and it was repaired and got back to me on the 19th. now that it service. not this hpi business...i knwo i know there was a back order, but i spoke with them after they had my motor/esc for 3 weeks and they hadnt even looked at it at that point
I understand what you're saying, but maybe it was to make the process easier. Like, maybe they waited till they got a shipment in to look at escs just so they didn't mix up the ones that needed to be fixedwith the ones that just needed to be replaced. the weatherhas been crappy here anyway so I wouldn't have beenrunning it anyway
Old 04-23-2012, 05:01 PM
fastgreen350

FREEKIN HPI SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I just got my brand new vapor pro from them finally pug it in and al the lights are dim which I am pretty sure means a processor error.      I am going to call tomorrow and throw a hissy fit like a little kid lol.  Good thing I didnt just turn around and sell it on ebay untested that would have came back on me then. 
Old 04-23-2012, 06:17 PM
andre.es

Is true that HPI is sending a new version of VAPOR?
Old 04-23-2012, 07:16 PM
8thScaleRoostertail

Thats too bad. I really hope they improve the esc for 3s. I just emailed hpi a few days ago in regards to my esc I shipped to them earlier this month. Theyreplied back and said they would be replacing the esc for me. However, they currently have none in stock. Kinda strange. Guess I'll have to wait even longer. I have almost completely forgotton what my XSsounds like flying down the street Hope Idon't get another dud. Mamba Max Pro is looking pretty good right now. Thx
Old 04-23-2012, 07:28 PM
fastgreen350

The esc I just got i the new version that wont even power on. And they should have them in stock since I just got mine.  Just really disapointed in HPI at thi point.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:52 AM
iTz Nicholas72

Think I finally figures out what SS really means. I'm pretty sure HPI meant "Super Sloppy"...

As you may have seen I posted a video of the huge amount of suspension play in the front uprights, knuckles, and arms. I shimmed it as best I could and it helped the left side a lot but the right has no hope. I'm going to have to get a new upright to get rid of the main point of play/slop because tue hole for the hinge pin is too big...

Time to call HPI again and hopefully get it replaced for free.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:50 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW... I can't believe everyone is still having issues with the Vapor esc. My son and I are still running ours without any issues.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:03 AM
cumminspower5.9

you got the good prototypes lol.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:09 AM
iTz Nicholas72

Got it running with no binding and then after 5 minutes tops I flipped and ended up breaking the shock eyelet. Not too big of a deal since they have spares included. Thing is that I wasn't able to find the spring, but I did find the spring cup retainer thing...

Really trying to like this kit...
Old 04-24-2012, 11:15 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

you got the good prototypes lol.
I guess so. When the Flux HP came out there was alot of issues with the ESC that came with the truck the one in my HP lasted 2.5 years before it just died.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:16 AM
cumminspower5.9

Yea the eyelets at the bottom of the shock shaft break easily because they a thinn plastic. dont let it discourage you tho. atleast its a cheap easy fix. i ordered the traxxas shock parts set from towerhobbies for 9 bucks and got like 12 of those and a bunch of other pieces.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:10 AM
dirteater666

Hello all! added my Savage XS to my rc family just over a week ago! got a good amount of bashing in but have been having a good bit of trouble with it vs my Blitz ESE and MT-2

1. iv changed the shockoil from the stock 35 to 45wt and still find it slapping the floor on high jumps. Whats the best upgraded shock ? HPI, proline?

2.snapped 3shock bottoms! but have some traxxas ones on the way since no where in the UK has the stock ones or the blitz ones which are slightly thicker

3.center drivecups have signs of wear on them after about 10packs. but after getting intouch with HPI they are sending me out some for free

4.Had a rounded wheel axel and nut out of the box! again HPI sent me some for free.

5.I managed to bend a rear dogbone yesterday and wasnt going as big as normal i did noticed i have the foam spacers all the way round? not the O-rings in the rear drivecups like is shown in the manual? Anyone elses been put together like this ?

6. Having problems with the shaftscrew for the rearcup backing out.Lost to but the 3rd one has been in for 4packs and not moved

Apart from the above problems its been solid! came down hard afew times when im left thinking iv killed it and it rolls over and carrys on going!

heres a vid of what iv been doing since i got it

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm-k23NMRt8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siQ7_ab2-K8[/youtube]
Old 04-25-2012, 12:37 PM
rologti

ORIGINAL: spena

New aftermarket upgrades for the XS! its pricey tho

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/gh-racing-...hpi-savage-xs/

GH Racing has released some 6061-T6 Aluminum
 upgrades for your HPI Savage XS. Each upgrade is available in the pictured silver as well as orange.
Aluminum Knuckles
 MSRP: $29.99

Aluminum Steering Block Support MSRP: $29.99

Aluminum Lower Arms MSRP: $29.99

Aluminum Body Mount MSRP: $23.99

Aluminum Upper Arms MSRP: $22.99
[img][/img] [img][/img]

After years of bash & destroy I'm really convinced that the upgrade for bashing is not related to aluminiun....What is need is something flexible....plastic, nylon, etc

After some rounds, aluminum get twisted.....plastic just bends and back...

My experience is: hubs, shock towers, arms...go plastic or nylon...if exists RPM

In the case of the XS..the upgrade would be shafts, universal CV, cups, turnbucke ends (the ones at the SS sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)...I would recomend HR...

Related to the SS kit vs the RTR....

The shocks of the SS are 1.5cm shorter!!!!!...and use 40 silicone oil...compared to the RTR, the SS runs better in pavment and less wheelies at aceleration...in bad terrains...it jumps like a grass hoper compared to the RTR....As I bought the RTR shoks one pair for each need....

Until now (2 weeks of punishment) the results are:

1) shock end broken
2) rear right hub broke
3) Turnbuckle of the front right wheel lost (upgrade the endas for one that fit tighter and put the purple trunbuckle I bought for spare a month ago...)
4) Lexan body with holes (high speed crashes at full speed over pavement...running 3S)
5) Shafts and cups with slight wear (about 8 packs, 2S and 3S mixed use)

Opinions:

1) The combo Mamba Max Pro + Caste motor + fan for the motor rocks...low temps...
2) The shocks..looks awsome...but would be better to buy the aluminium option that is purple (and I think it would be cheaper)
3) don't try to do too much backflips standing against sidewalks (would broke everything)
4) 3S is for insane bashing...over 50% throttle whatever you do would be without any control (would be easy to try to fly a brick)...but this is the dream come true for bashing
5) 2S it runs great, nice jumps, good handling
6) Tires....OEM tires has low grip, this helps with the transmision and all the components.....great tires...the propline, but help to destroy everything

Overall...GREAT!!!!!!!!.....and buy a few bodys...you will destroy them in one day if you want

Cheers

Old 04-25-2012, 05:39 PM
kc092755

ORIGINAL: dirteater666

................ i did noticed i have the foam spacers all the way round? not the O-rings in the rear drivecups like is shown in the manual? Anyone elses been put together like this ?
same here.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:06 AM
cumminspower5.9

Hey guys. Im interested what brushless systems you are runing in your flux xs' currently. lets hear if you have kept the stock one or if you have swapped motors and esc's.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:15 AM
rologti

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

Hey guys. Im interested what brushless systems you are runing in your flux xs' currently. lets hear if you have kept the stock one or if you have swapped motors and esc's.
ESC= Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro
Motor= Castle Creations 1/10 SCT 4-Pole 1410 3800KV Motor
Bat: 5.2 40C 2S or 5.0 30C 3S
Old 04-26-2012, 06:17 AM
billymare

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am running the stock motor with a hobbywing 80A esc.  i havn't run it on 4S yet......  I don't know if the motor can handle it...

Old 04-26-2012, 06:25 AM
dirteater666

Got my New parts today. got abit closer while changing the bent dogbone and noticed the other side was twisted and has a pin snapped! Fronts as also very very slightly bent

heres what my center drivecups look like after 6-7 packs

Emailed HPI about the dogbone as to my they are faulty if they have done that in such a sort space of time, had 20+ packs through my ESE and not had one single part break on me and no sign of wear the drive train.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:37 AM
rologti

ORIGINAL: billymare

I am running the stock motor with a hobbywing 80A esc. i havn't run it on 4S yet...... I don't know if the motor can handle it...

A friend of mine use to have the OEM motor...with 3S it gets hot...and after 2 months he had to push the XS so it can start moving....The motor that I'm using, for what I have read is the "high quality" version of the stock motor (better magnets and better plates¿?), also that result in some lower KV....Any way..the 1410 SCT 4 Pole 3800KV is designed for handle up to 3S....maybe 4S for the stock motor could be too much...
Old 04-26-2012, 06:39 AM
billymare

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But i am sooooo tempted

Old 04-26-2012, 06:41 AM
Elcee

Leopard 3650 4 pole (2930kv version) coupled to EZrun SC8 120A ... unfortunately it's not yet running. The steering arm catches on the chassis and I'm not sure what to do about it. Choice A would be strip chassis down and hope to find the extra 2+mm by rebuilding with more slack in it. Choice B is attempt to cut a hole in the chassis.

tbh I hate aspects of both options >.<
Old 04-26-2012, 06:43 AM
rologti

ORIGINAL: billymare

But i am sooooo tempted

Go Go Go Go....Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!......but video..PLEASE!!!!!...would love to see how does it runs with 4S...

Thinking in speed runs or bashing???

Old 04-26-2012, 06:46 AM
rologti

ORIGINAL: Elcee

Leopard 3650 4 pole (2930kv version) coupled to EZrun SC8 120A ... unfortunately it's not yet running. The steering arm catches on the chassis and I'm not sure what to do about it. Choice A would be strip chassis down and hope to find the extra 2+mm by rebuilding with more slack in it. Choice B is attempt to cut a hole in the chassis.

tbh I hate aspects of both options >.<
Why???...It shouldn't....

When I was building mine I make a mistake....there is a shaft that should be inside a hole of a plastic plate that goes behind the dif....
Old 04-26-2012, 06:50 AM
Elcee

Thanks for the comment rologti

Iknow I've done something wrong, but can't figure out exactly what. Could you post a pic of how yours looks? (Assuming you're not at work)

I've got the steering servo in place, the little annodized arm is connected to the servopointing straight up. There's a ball joint connected to that with a bar connecting it to thearm thats hitting the chassis

Not sure thatexplanation is helping anybody...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.