Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Detail for scale ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Detail for scale ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 12:28 AM
Justflying1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Detail for scale ?

Hello everyone,
Just wanted to know a little about Detail for scale.
Does he have quick postage?
I know plenty of people have bought things of his site, but where you happy with the service you got.
Thank you
Ivan
Old 11-15-2012, 12:51 AM
zl1wn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Detail for scale ?

i have bought quite a few items from Dan.
He is fantastic, his delivery times are not always accurate, but I have found that he
lives up to his promises as to the items he delivers and he for me has gone the extra mile to
ensure my Hawker Hunter ( and a number of other models) are perfect.

Yes he has his faults, unfortunately often he is too busy and his deliveries can slip the time he says he will deliver.

But for all that I would purchase from him without any concerns that he would be support me and ensure that I
got what he promised..

In case you worry I have no relationship with him except that as a very very satisfied customer.

Regards
Ross
Auckland
New Zealand
Old 11-15-2012, 02:46 AM
Gonzalo38

I have purchased several of his light systems (at least six of them...) and some other products for detailing my planes, and his products are great. Unfortunately, his product support is not.

It's almost impossible to contact the guy by email if you are enquiring about an order that you have placed or the shipment of an item that was missed in a previous shipment. On October 24th I purchased from him a light set for my A-10 and I still can't get an email from him confirming if the set was shipped (several e-mails send....). I also had to wait almost a year for a missing item in one of my sets.

I'm seriously thinking of buying somewhere else for my next two projects.

Once again......... his products are great but the support side is his weak side.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:57 AM
Rob Howarth

I bought once - not a pleasant experience!

Claims always having issues with email servers and never gets back to you. Also states the items are shipped but they don't turn up.

This experience however was 4 years ago, and I've never bought anything from him since - purely out of choice........
Old 11-15-2012, 03:07 AM
Justflying1

Thank you all for your feed back.
Much appreciated.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:46 AM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Was pleased with my order, once I received it all. Unfortunately it arrived 6 months later, & incomplete! It took countless calls before I received it in its entirety, & till this day have never received instructions for my center tank. It was like a job staying behind Dan trying to get my stuff. Infact, twice he claimed he sent things that were lost in the mail, but he didn't have a tracking number. All & All, I'm happy I ordered the stuff, but HORRIBLE experience.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:57 AM
FalconWings

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

BluBus, do you mean an F16 center tank? I managed to get written instructions from him, I can pass along if you need them. I got tired on waiting for assembly pictures to be uploaded to the web.

David
Old 11-15-2012, 06:53 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

1 year and counting for something, but i cant make it myself at the moment so i dealz
Old 11-15-2012, 08:08 AM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great experience getting upgraded tanks and some other scale stuff like pylons and such. The fuel tanks he makes are fantastic. Allow a little extra time to get the stuff he has to lay up for the order if it's not in stock but when I've gotten it there was no disappointment. I've purchased from him twice, both very good experiences, but both 2 to 4 years ago.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:35 AM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Unbelieveable product, even more unbelievable wait times.
scott
Old 11-15-2012, 09:39 AM
BlueBus320

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

BluBus, do you mean an F16 center tank? I managed to get written instructions from him, I can pass along if you need them. I got tired on waiting for assembly pictures to be uploaded to the web.

David
Yes Dave, that would be great! I was going to rig something, but would love to see how it was intended to be mounted.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:46 AM
jzuniga
My Feedback: (7)

Sounds like a broken record...

I too ordered some tanks from him.... nice tanks
Terrible service...took me two months of bugging him to get them... I've gone elsewhere for stuff... good luck

Z
Old 11-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Details 4 Scale
My Feedback: (3)

Guys,

I know I'm slow most of the time, but as I have said many times, it's just me and I simply can't work more than 14-16 hours per day. []

For everyone currently waiting on lighting systems, I finally received a new batch of regulators ( for the lighting controllers) from Asia that I have been waiting on for 4-5 weeks. I will have all the lighting system back orders completed by next week.

I do appreciate that most of my customers are at least happy with the parts I make. I only wish I could clone myself to make the delivery of the part much faster.

Dan

P.S. Rob H. What did I do to you that you HATE me so much???

Old 11-16-2012, 01:13 AM
-JC-
My Feedback: (26)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been a Details4Scale costumer for years. I've always been super impressed with everything Dan has made for me, and on several occasions he has helped out with one off projects in no time. I've also waited long for other items, but I have come to learn that custom fabrication is not something to expect next day.

Dan offers a service to our scale part of the hobby that is exceptional. Who else can you call for custom shaped drop tanks, special shaped light fixtures and a whole catalog if scale goodies? My advise is to be patient and impressive things shows up at your door step.

Never felt cheated or anything by Dan. And I don't have any planes without some sort of D4S part
Old 11-16-2012, 05:57 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

I've been waiting for 6 weeks for 2 light kits that were supposed to be in stock, I spent almost 650.00

He was supposed to send me some molding clay at the time of the order to make some wing tip lens covers, never happend, called him twice emailed well over 5 times, no response.

Finally I said look I'm going to have to go to paypal and cancel this deal, and he said NOOO NOOO NOOO I'll have it I'll have it they are just on back order.

This was Nov.5

great product or not, at the prices listed you would expect better service, I hate to say it but I'm about ready to find out who is Chinese Supplier is and take my business directly to them.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Pepperpete

Double Post Arg.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Pepperpete

ORIGINAL: Details 4 Scale

Guys,

I know I'm slow most of the time, but as I have said many times, it's just me and I simply can't work more than 14-16 hours per day. []

For everyone currently waiting on lighting systems, I finally received a new batch of regulators ( for the lighting controllers) from Asia that I have been waiting on for 4-5 weeks. I will have all the lighting system back orders completed by next week.

I do appreciate that most of my customers are at least happy with the parts I make. I only wish I could clone myself to make the delivery of the part much faster.

Dan

P.S. Rob H. What did I do to you that you HATE me so much???

There is no excuse whatsoever for not answering a simple e-mail. If you can't handle the amount of work given, then don't take it on. I've stopped myself from ordering simply because when I did e-mail I received no response. Dan this isn't rocket science. Communication would solve 90 percent of your issues. Avoiding everyone especially after taking thier money looks scetchy at best.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:00 PM
DavidQ
My Feedback: (12)

Hi Dan
How's the Tucano light kit coming?
David Q
Old 11-17-2012, 04:06 PM
roger.alli

ORIGINAL: -JC-

I have been a Details4Scale costumer for years. I've always been super impressed with everything Dan has made for me, and on several occasions he has helped out with one off projects in no time. I've also waited long for other items, but I have come to learn that custom fabrication is not something to expect next day.

Dan offers a service to our scale part of the hobby that is exceptional. Who else can you call for custom shaped drop tanks, special shaped light fixtures and a whole catalog if scale goodies? My advise is to be patient and impressive things shows up at your door step.

Never felt cheated or anything by Dan. And I don't have any planes without some sort of D4S part
I will endorse what JC has stated above. His product is very good, and I believe that he is an honest business man. I am happy to wait for my orders as Dan has warned me that he does have extended lead times.

Roger..
Old 11-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Details 4 Scale

ORIGINAL: DavidQ

Hi Dan
How's the Tucano light kit coming?
David Q

David,

The Tucano system is finished complete with all the scale lenses. I shipped the first completed set to a customer in Norway. Are you ready for yours?

Dan
Old 11-17-2012, 07:38 PM
Details 4 Scale

ORIGINAL: Pepperpete
There is no excuse whatsoever for not answering a simple e-mail. If you can't handle the amount of work given, then don't take it on. I've stopped myself from ordering simply because when I did e-mail I received no response. Dan this isn't rocket science. Communication would solve 90 percent of your issues. Avoiding everyone especially after taking thier money looks scetchy at best.
[/quote]

Pete,

I don't avoid anyone! I am simply very busy all the time. I use a POP server and do not receive every e-mail sent to me unfortunatley. Sometimes the e-mails end up the the junk e-mail bin and I simply do not have the time to go thru 1000+ junk e-mails per day. If you feel like I'm ignoring your e-mails, pick up the phone and give me a call. I either always answer the phone or if you leave a message, I'll call you back as soon as I can. Yes, I even return calls to Canada and overseas! All I need is a message and a phone number.

I work 14-16 hours a day just trying to keep up...Obviously, I don't always succeed, but as JC and a few others have stated, sometimes I finish parts quickly and sometimes some parts take longer to complete. It is NEVER my intension to delay someones order on purpose or take any longer than necessary. There are simply a finite number of hours per day and some parts take a long time or there might be several customers in line for the same parts. I'm also sure most of us are familiar with vendor (supply) issues. Sometimes I quote jobs on a certain availability of components and when they do not come in on time or get backordered, it puts me behind...every business has these issues (the ones beyond control). I'm not making excuses, just stating the facts. My only personal issue is as you say, not communciating with my customer often enough when these things come up; it's not that I do not wish to, but I'm usually running around like a chicken with my head cut off and tend to forget a few things along the way.

As I have stated a few times now on RCU, I am trying to get my quote delivery times to be more accurate, but sometimes I blow it for sure and I do apologize to all my customers that wait longer than I have quoted them. Rest Assured, I am trying. I can only try to do better and show everyone that I do mean it.

Dan

Old 11-17-2012, 07:49 PM
AKB
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would like to say something on behalf of Dan's customer service. I have had two sets of lighting equipment that he has made up including drogue chutes, and canopy operating systems and Dan will stand behind his equipment as well as or better than some that are madde by the Chinese products. When you phone Dan you get Dan. Have any tried phoning Hong Kong or Asian suppliers and be able to get someone close to your own time zone lately.
The other part of this is the jumping on of others that have not even bought product from you and they do this piling on stuff. Why don't you try ordering from Dan and try some of his products? I have been around this hobby for 35 years and I can say there are good people and not so good and there are some others that you just can't please.
When I need some more of products like yours I won't hesistate thinking of Details4Scale.
Thanks Dan you have always been there for my Customer Service. All of your products have worked as they were suppose to.

Alan
Old 11-17-2012, 09:05 PM
sskianpour
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: -JC-

+1

Dan is an honest man and a quality human being. His products are top notch. There is no assembly line. There is no overseas labor getting paid pennies. There is only Dan. He designs, builds, and finishes each product by hand. You try doing that with the ARF you are assembling. If you did try to build your jet from scratch the way Dan builds our scale parts, you would be designing, finishing and building one jet for 3 years. Then you would have plenty of lead time to wait for your D4S parts

Shaz
Old 11-17-2012, 09:14 PM
jzuniga
My Feedback: (7)

I don't think anyone is arguing the quality of D4S products... just the length of time to get such products.
Maybe if business is that good, it's time to hire some help... just saying

Z
Old 11-17-2012, 10:04 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Sorry Dan I am still going to call you I enjoy our talks loving the afterburner ring and scale lights so much I have decided to keep this F-16.
ORIGINAL: Details 4 Scale

ORIGINAL: Pepperpete
Pete,

I don't avoid anyone! I am simply very busy all the time. I use a POP server and do not receive every e-mail sent to me unfortunatley. Sometimes the e-mails end up the the junk e-mail bin and I simply do not have the time to go thru 1000+ junk e-mails per day. If you feel like I'm ignoring your e-mails, pick up the phone and give me a call. I either always answer the phone or if you leave a message, I'll call you back as soon as I can. Yes, I even return calls to Canada and overseas! All I need is a message and a phone number.

I work 14-16 hours a day just trying to keep up...Obviously, I don't always succeed, but as JC and a few others have stated, sometimes I finish parts quickly and sometimes some parts take longer to complete. It is NEVER my intension to delay someones order on purpose or take any longer than necessary. There are simply a finite number of hours per day and some parts take a long time or there might be several customers in line for the same parts. I'm also sure most of us are familiar with vendor (supply) issues. Sometimes I quote jobs on a certain availability of components and when they do not come in on time or get backordered, it puts me behind...every business has these issues (the ones beyond control). I'm not making excuses, just stating the facts. My only personal issue is as you say, not communciating with my customer often enough when these things come up; it's not that I do not wish to, but I'm usually running around like a chicken with my head cut off and tend to forget a few things along the way.

As I have stated a few times now on RCU, I am trying to get my quote delivery times to be more accurate, but sometimes I blow it for sure and I do apologize to all my customers that wait longer than I have quoted them. Rest Assured, I am trying. I can only try to do better and show everyone that I do mean it.

Dan

[/quote]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.