Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

WACO YMF

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 09:16 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WACO YMF

khodges, i've told you so on the other thread but i have to say it here again> GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

I've been converted, i wanted to build the kit ( as all you fine modelers here) BUT now i want the ARF (am getting just plane lazy)

BTW khodges, who makes the pilot that's in your Waco? (looks great)

Vasek
Old 05-10-2007, 09:34 AM
skylarkmk1

Ken,

Very, very nice, beautiful. Would like to see it in person if you can manage it. It sure dosen't look like an ARF anymore. You probably have as much time in remaking it as if you scratch built it from the plans. Congratulations on a job well done.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:39 AM
Nightstalker

ORIGINAL: khodges

Hell, it's just an ARF.
LT,
I have to agree with George (ctflyboy) - that is about the most un-ARFed ARF I have ever seen. Beautiful job Sir! And don't sell yourself short - keep building like you are and you just might find yourself at TOP GUN someday - with Bill deducting points on your model... not because of the un-scaleness of your airplane, but because you're an Ol' Air Farce Puke... and an Officer at that!!!

Out Here,

Todd
WACO Brotherhood Doggie #47

Old 05-10-2007, 12:37 PM
deckerv
My Feedback: (21)

Here's a beauty for sale if you have the dough

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 05-10-2007, 01:08 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: vasek

khodges, i've told you so on the other thread but i have to say it here again> GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

I've been converted, i wanted to build the kit ( as all you fine modelers here) BUT now i want the ARF (am getting just plane lazy)

BTW khodges, who makes the pilot that's in your Waco? (looks great)

Vasek
Thanks very much. If I knew what all I was going to change and re-engineer on this plane to get it to its present status before I had started, I'd have found a kit and built it instead. About the only thing left on this model that is untouched is the basic fuselage, wing structure out to the tips, and landing gear. Everything else has had something done to it, and I think it would have been much easier, and probably cheaper, too, to have not had to "unbuild" and then rebuild. My advice would be to do the kit, unless you have some masochistic streak. The pilot figure is a fairly new release from Great Planes, it's the WWI pilot version, there is also a civilian and sport version. Less than $10.

I'm not sure on the accuracy of my scale. It's a standard spring type postal scale, weight limit is 50 pounds, so I can't put my fat butt on it to see how accurate it is, but I figure on the lower end of the scale it's within a 1/4 pound. I feel better about the weight after what you said, Master Chief. I weighed it assembled, before I covered it, with everytjing else on board, and it weighed 14-1/2 pounds, so the covering, dope and paint weighs 3-1/2 pounds. Anybody know off the top of their head what 16 oz. of gas and 14 oz of smoke fluid weighs?
Old 05-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Nightstalker

ORIGINAL: khodges

Hell, it's just an ARF.
LT,
I have to agree with George (ctflyboy) - that is about the most un-ARFed ARF I have ever seen. Beautiful job Sir! And don't sell yourself short - keep building like you are and you just might find yourself at TOP GUN someday - with Bill deducting points on your model... not because of the un-scaleness of your airplane, but because you're an Ol' Air Farce Puke... and an Officer at that!!!

Out Here,

Todd
WACO Brotherhood Doggie #47

I was sitting with the Deputy Chief of Staff U.S.A.F. last week, so an Lt, has no terror for me.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 05-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Stickbuilder

Somewhere around 2 pounds (1.875) is closer. You are going to be okay with the weight. Just keep about 1/4 throttle in on your approach, and fly it onto the runway. It will be fine.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 05-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Live Wire

Hey Turkey It will fly Just take time to grow feathers.
You know at 70 you don't build as fast but hell hoo cares as long as you get the job done and are satisfied with what you have done, and the well you know where this is going .
Larry K
Just like butchering a Hog you scald the hair of and start all over
Old 05-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Live Wire

Hey Stick
Back in my day they called me a Home Town Hero
Sp-5 Colorado National Guard Big Bertha connonaire #1 the one that pulled the string. Them they put me in the fire works disply ordinance and disposal
Old 05-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Jim Henley

Ken,
That is a beautiful bird, you should be very proud of the work you have done to get it to that point. Gives me the inspiration to get down stairs and get the other bizillion 1/16 X 1/16 sticks glued on to the ailerons on the bottom wing.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Stickbuilder

OooooKaaaay,

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 05-10-2007, 06:53 PM
Live Wire

Jim
Vacation is over Want to see pics
Larry K
Glad to have met you when you came through
Old 05-10-2007, 09:15 PM
khodges

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

I was sitting with the Deputy Chief of Staff U.S.A.F. last week, so an Lt, has no terror for me.
I'm glad of that. I scared hell out of myself more than a few times Chiefs of Staff didn't worry me too much, though, hardly ever ran into one.

Not too long after I joined the USAF, I was at the Confederate Air Force Museum once, back when it was in Harlingen, and got to talking to some old guy in greasy coveralls who was working on the number 2 engine on "Diamond Lil", the B-24. He was a nice fellow, told us (another butter bar buddy) a bunch of stuff about the planes and even let us climb into the cockpit of the Liberator. Turned out he was a Lt. General (3-star)and was a former Asst Surgeon General of the USAF. He was also one of the pilots qualified to fly Diamond Lil, as well as FiFi and the B-17 there. Ya never know.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Stickbuilder

Ain't it the truth, Ain't it the truth?

In the photo's that I took at T/G, the Blue Tucano, with the 2 men in the photo, the guy in front is Lt. Gen. Ray Johns. One of the most pleasant men I have ever met.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 05-10-2007, 10:07 PM
damifino

The WACO TEE SHIRT Money Orders and Pay-Pal transactions are coming in. Be sure to reserve your shirts by May 26!! Here is the KICK OFF INFO one more time. PM me for mailing/Pay-Pal instructions. Thanks
Old 05-10-2007, 10:09 PM
damifino

Your WACO TEE SHIRT Money Orders and Pay-Pal transactions have begun coming in. If you haven't already, be sure to reserve your shirts by May 26!!

Here is the KICK OFF INFO one more time. PM me for mailing/Pay-Pal instructions. Thanks

The cost for 2 Tees, including shipping within the U.S., is to be $30.00 for S M L & XL. XXL and XXXL will be $35.00

The shipping, unfortunately, has driven the price a bit higher than I had hoped.

So, that's the deal guys. I sent a private message to each of you (I hope) with an address for your USPS Money Order payment and a Pay-Pal ID for those of you who wish to use that option. I wish to allow 3 weeks for you to send in your payment. I have tentatively scheduled the printing to be done the last week of May.

Please try to have the payments in by May 26, 2007. PLEASE include your mailing address, your RC Universe 'user name' and your shirt sizes. I have size info for all who requested shirts but it doesn't hurt to send it with your remittance.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52393.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	681891  
Attached Images  
Old 05-10-2007, 11:32 PM
mmattockx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damifino,

Any news on the shipping to Canada? I just need the total to get the shirts up here and your money will be sent.

Mark
Old 05-10-2007, 11:49 PM
pimmnz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same with us down in NZ.
Evan, WB#12.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:13 AM
old git

Hi damfino,

Like some of the other aliens I also am waiting for the mail charge figure so I can forward the cash for my Ts.

Thanks for all the hard work you're doing for the members of the Brotherhood in other countries as well as USA.

WACO Brotherhood No. 14.

old git - - - - - aka John L.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:18 AM
damifino

Dear Alien Brothers:

Getting your info is my lunch hour project for today. Thanks, damifino
Old 05-11-2007, 07:16 AM
khodges

ORIGINAL: damifino

Dear Alien Brothers:
E.T. PHONE HOME !!!!!

Jay, Do you think the shirts will be printed and shipped in time for Father's Day weekend? (June 16-17) I'm travelling out to Creve Couer, Missouri to the American Waco Club Fly-In, leaving Thurs. the 14th. Sure would be nice to "strut my stuff" with my new duds. If not, then no big deal, just a thought. Who knows, maybe we'd have to admit all those full-scale Waco owners to the Brotherhood, and they'd want their Own tee-shirts
Old 05-11-2007, 09:08 AM
damifino

I certainly hope they are done and in your hands before then. Come on guys, keep those cards and (money) coming in......

International Brothers: So far it looks like US Airmail Parcel Post is the ticket. I'll drop by the post office at lunch to confirm that.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:20 PM
FMBB

I like the t-shirts and would like to order two XL and one smal
Old 05-11-2007, 05:28 PM
stifts

Hello WACO brothers: Queston: Can someone tell me if the quality and features of the 1/4 scale Barth Waco
is just as nice as the 1/3 scale version?
Has the 1/4 scale version recieved the recient update revisions that the 1/3 version did?
What engine does Peter Barth recommend for the 1/4 version?
Thanks for your help!

Brother 64
Steve
Old 05-11-2007, 06:22 PM
skylarkmk1

stifts,

Check out the Barth WACO build by redcesar, he is currently building a 33% YMF and may be of help. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_49...tm.htm#5842046 .

Or check with Proctor Enterprises http://www.proctor-enterprises.com/p.../waco/waco.htm they are the US distributer of the Barth kits. And should be able to answer you questions.

There is also a build thread on the Jim Pepino YMF (90"- 1/4 scale) plans in the Scratch Build Forum. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_39...tm.htm#3938241 . Kit Cutters http://www.kitcutters.com/ can supply a full wood kit, short kit and or plans.

Other sources of info can be found at House of Moy (our suppliment site) http://www.houseofmoy.com/waco/
Look in the WACO Plans, Kits and...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.