Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

Official Venom Creeper Rock Crawler thread..

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Official Venom Creeper Rock Crawler thread..

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 11:37 AM
guy4x4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Venom Creeper Rock Crawler thread..

Cool thanks for the update just put it on my wishlist for Cristmas for myself

Update just pre ordered one from Amainhobbies.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:21 PM
cornel4web

creeper components prices are listed on tower
Old 12-19-2008, 01:02 PM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

New Dig Kit announced! The street price wil be $69.99 and the kit will be available early next year.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15596.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	1092647  
Old 12-23-2008, 05:40 PM
Chris Nicastro

Creepers and parts have arrived and have started shipping!!

Chris
Old 12-23-2008, 07:53 PM
dezfan

Cool! SO were do I apply to be on the Team?
Old 12-27-2008, 08:53 PM
dezfan

Well regardless, I just put a Creeper on order.[>:]
Old 01-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Thunderfoot

Does any one else have thiers built and running ,i have mine built but it had a defective shock have to wait till parts are around but other than that its ready!
Old 01-22-2009, 05:55 AM
Deo1Deo

I get mine in two weeks. having trouble deciding what system to put in it. Im thinking mamba or tekin with 55t motor. what do you have?
Old 01-28-2009, 10:20 PM
ChopperMan33

Just got mine today, got all the chassis built. Not all that impressed with this build all the hardware is seperate making it a little difficult to navigate the manual. I went through and labeled all the bags with the part number so it is easier to find the right screw bag. The wheels come with two screws holding the rings for the beadlock to the rim and long and behold one of the screws were overtightened and now will not tighten back up. The beadlock system is great holds air tight, however there are no pre-cut holes in these tires. Being new to crawling I am not sure the best way to allow air to flow out of these tires? The tire weights are sold seperate so if you want the proper ones you better order them as well.
All I have left is to get the axles built, they look like they are gong to need some time to complete so i will follow up tomorrow.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:24 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My LHS got a couple today, they look nice. I just got done with a 2.2 Crawler build so I doubt I'll start another one right now, but it does look good.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:59 AM
Deo1Deo

I get mine on saturday. I'm going with the sidewinder 5700 combo. cant wait! first crawler. going to amain in chico to pick it up. Thanks for the heads up bout the parts...Good info.!
Old 01-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Chris Nicastro

You can drill a small hole in each wheel about 3mm / 1/8in and that will let air in/out fine. That was left upto the customer to decide. The manual and screw bags are being updated, just FYI. When you build tha axles take your time to assemble the diffs and they will operate pretty smoothly. Pack them with grease but not too much. The axles go together tightly and when that are assembled they will seem too tight. This is normal and they wear in quickly and provide very strong and smooth operation.

If anyone has any defective parts please contact us and we will help you out.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 01-29-2009, 12:01 PM
ChopperMan33

Thanks if needed i will put some holes in the tire. My only complaint tis the hardware bag, (maybe put the part numbers on the bag, not a lot of work I dont think) the rest of the build seems to be pretty straight forward. there is a lot of pics in the manual so that is a +. what should I do with the rim with a striped beadlock screw? whould I send it back? I would hate to be without a wheel and have it built.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Chris Nicastro

You can add a little CA to the hole and add a small drop of real oil to the screw so the glue does not stick to it. Drive the screw into the hole all by itself and let the glue set. This can fix the hole for a while. Mark it also so you know which one it is and go easy on it.
You can also contact us for a replacement. Your choice, it will work either way.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:09 PM
hoplesshunter

I just finished my creeper today. I do agree with the chopperman33 on the hardware bags. If you put the part # on the bags it would shave 1 hour or so off the build time. I got my electronics in it today and was driving it around in my kitchen and the back axle (part # 8367) broke in half! I called venom (awsome custormor service) and they are sending me out a new one, but I am down for now. Over all it seems like a nice crawler.

Do you suggest putting in the wheel wheights?
What motor and ESC do you suggest to get the best out of it?
Also when is more parts going to be out for it?

BTW this is my first crawler.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:13 PM
CO_Crawler

hey chris just wondering if the venom aluminum c hubs for the ax10 will work for the creeper, i am also having a problem with my drive and axle shafts the pins keep coming out. i used thread lock and tightened them plenty, they just seem extremly loose and slide out. one of them slid out and snapped my c hub, ive ordered a few but i would much rather use those aluminum ones, any info helps thanx!
Old 02-15-2009, 08:36 AM
Deo1Deo

Finished my build the other day...the screw bags what a headache! Besides a missing step(putting in the diff input gear) and some washers I had left over that were not called for, where do those go anyway...It was a great build and the truck works great!
I'm running a 55t integy and 1/18 mamba pro esc, spektrum and 11.1v 1200 3c lipo. seems to be doing well so far.

Has anyone took the battery tray off and hooked the shocks to the chassis plate yet? does it work?
-finish your build post a pic-
Old 02-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Chris Nicastro

Yep we fixed that already and the next run will include the sticker on the parts bags and the manual will also get the hardware measurements. In addition the links have been strengthened and the angle of the link molded into the part itself. The extra grey washers are for making adjustments to the linkages or as needed. The Venom aluminum c-hub option parts for the AX can fit the Creeper. Hasnt been tried here but the spacing is close.
I'm not sure what else to suggest except maybe degrease the pins and VCD parts first then add thread lock then use oil so the thread lock can grab the metal. The production oil can sometimes keep the thread lock from working but I hardly ever have a problem.

For basic running around climbing stuff the wheel weights are not needed. If you get out to some steep rocks and faces you will benefit from adding front weights. I use the 1.3oz kit and add 8oz (half pound) to each front wheel and nothing in the rear and I like that set up. I have another set of wheels for heavy duty climbing built up with the 2.5oz kit and 16oz (one pound) per wheel and thats pretty heavy but great for loose surfaces and very challenging climbs.

The Creeper w/o weights is about 5lbs depending on RC equipment. By adding weights up front or all around you can get the total weight up to 9lbs easy. The majority of that weight will be on the axle and low on the chassis. The result is a very stable and capable cimbing rig thats basically stock.

Let me know if you guys have any other problems or tuning questions otherwise just contact our customer service department and you can get replacement parts for the bad production parts shipped pretty quick out to you.

Chris
Old 02-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Deo1Deo

So thoses of us whom already bought it do we get the upgrades free?
Old 02-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Chris Nicastro

The new parts are improvements to the first run parts. The original parts are fine as is and work but we felt it would be cool to strengthen the parts while we added the labels to each link so they display the angle geometry. The original parts will be phased out as the new parts replace the first inventory run and those will become standard. Its not a recall item in other words.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Deo1Deo

Cool thanks ...but they will be available for purchase in the future.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:44 PM
CO_Crawler

hey chris thanks!!! I really want to try those aluminum chubs, i heard about a skid plate for the tranny, when will that be available?
Old 02-17-2009, 09:37 PM
CO_Crawler

hey in response to your battery tray question, ckrc has a suspension upgrade, http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/shop/ind...oducts_id=1642, i think this should take you to it if you put it in your browser, its a good idea i wouldnt do the whole thing but it has some really good points, it also has a link that shows you directions on how to do it yourself, good luck[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 02-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Chris Nicastro

The new skid plate will be here soon, I dont have a date for that arrival yet. Yes, all the parts are going to be available for purchase seperately.

Chris
Old 02-18-2009, 07:28 PM
dezfan

ORIGINAL: VENOMOUS

The new skid plate will be here soon, I dont have a date for that arrival yet. Yes, all the parts are going to be available for purchase separately.

Chris
The new skid will be a huge benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.