quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Official Traxxas Jato 3.3 Thread

ORIGINAL: Mr.Pauly

ORIGINAL: FastestJato

Got anything wrong with your Jato ??? Ask us a questio well try to help you out

Any pictures of your Jato ???

Hi,

I am new member and this is my first post. I am looking for some advice. I have purchased my first RC car ( Jato 3.3) and begun to mod it up. The problem I have is that I keep burning up Glow plugs. I have been tuning the engine as per the manuals instructions but have burnt out 2 plugs within minutes. The
HSN is set ok and the pinch test on the LSN is fine but when I try to restart the car the glow plug is dead. Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong. Should i invest in a temp gauge to make sure the engine is not running to hot and what is the best plug for the Jato 3.3
Man that Jato is looking bad @$$. As far as the glow plugs go. I was having the same issue with the Traxxas glow plugs. I switched to an OS medium plug and it runs great and no more burnt plugs. Been running the same plug for awhile. !st it was in the TRX 33 and now I'm running the same plug in the OS .21TM. Give it a shot. Keep up the good work on your first RC.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Mr.Pauly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: ajk2649

what type of fuel are you running? what brand and what %? What glowplugs are u running?

Hi,
The fuel type is made by Sical. It doesnt have the % anywhere on the bottle but does have 'Big Bang 16 glow fuel' if that helps. The first plug I burnt was an O.S size 8 and the second was the plug recommended by Traxxas. I have just bought an O'Donnell plug 1 1/2 volt from my local shop. Dont know if thats the right plug as I am new to Nitro RCs. I have checked the engine piston and sleeve to make sure that there is no signs of damage and they seem fine. Ive got a feeling that it might have been down to my lack of experiance and poor tuning!!
Old 02-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Fat Boy

ORIGINAL: deepsouthoutlawracer

another question,

on the jatos wiring system infront of the antennae base there is a slot for soemthing?

is this for charging the battery? if so, is that why on the stock wiring system there is another wire?

do i simply run the other wire through this slot and buy the opposite plug to charge? so that when i need to charge the rechargeable battery that i can just plug this wire in?

this was very confusing but please help.

I saw only one reply to your question about the slot/port next to the ant. base. The reply was incorrect, the black lead/plug coming from the on/off swicth (the "extra lead within the RX box) actually fits into this slot/port from the underside. There are clips in the slot that retain the plug. There is also a hole in front of the slot/port that retains the rubber plug for the charge port.

It is in fact a "charge port".

Jeff
Old 02-24-2009, 07:49 AM
devo208

mrpauly- you need to switch fuel, for break-in use traxxas fuel 20% and i recommend after break-in switch to o'donnells 20%. But first turn the hsn and lsn back to factory setting, go to traxxas web site for the setting. If you have to go online to www.towerhobbies.com for the rite fuel. And get some o.s.8 glow plugs.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:16 PM
doublejz

Just wanted some opinions. I just read through this thread and I've also been doing some reading about the Jato 3.3. I'm considering getting it, however it will be my first nitro rc. I'd probably put mashers on the rear with moabs on the front right off the bat. I would like to start in large parking lots until I get the whole steering/handling thing down (as much as you can with the Jato :-P ). I was also was looking for a car that can handle a little offroad. Think I should go with something else, or just dive right in and learn with the Jato?

*Edit*

Hrm the more and more I look at trucks the more the Revo is appealing to me. I just want to be able to go have a blast without having to worry too much about it rolling in the turns.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:21 PM
ajk2649

Well if u ask me I think the jato is not a very good off road truck. Only cuz it has 2 much power and its rear wheel drive. its great 4 parking lots tho and speed runs. U can make it an off road truck with a lot of money in it. If u look on the traxxas website u can find the off road mods that a guy did and from the looks of it it turned out pretty good but if ur gonna spend that much money u may as well just get an off road truck. revo is pretty nice but also look at the HPI hellfire. Thats a great starter truck and made well. Im not sure what u are looking 2 spend but with all the money u'll have 2 put into the jato 2 make it off road u can get a Hellfire and should still have money 2 spear. Its an 1/8 scale heres the link. im sure u can find it cheaper lookin around on the internet. Check out some vids on youtube as well

http://www.rcplanet.com/HPI_Hellfire...p/hpi10500.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrE4-jHUNXQ
Old 02-24-2009, 10:01 PM
quietnas1

Well I agree with everything said in the above section. I love my Jato but its really not meant for off road out of the box. I slapped on some proline bowties to run it at the local baseball field but all it did was spin the tires unless I was real easy on the throttle and that was no fun. So now I stick to the road and litteraly destroyed the bowties within 8 tanks of gas. lol. NOW THAT WAS FUN!
Old 02-26-2009, 05:52 PM
quietnas1

Tried out my new dual steel brakes today and man these things are sick. They work great and look great too. Tell me what you think.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36976.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	1145496   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96209.jpg
Views:	925
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1145497   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw57865.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	1145498   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fz73446.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	1145499  
Old 02-26-2009, 07:11 PM
devo208

quietnas- where did you get them from
Old 02-26-2009, 10:20 PM
quietnas1

Got them from Hobby Etc. Here is the link.
http://www.hobbyetc.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?part_id=58791
Old 02-27-2009, 12:42 AM
ajk2649

Just wanted 2 thank u 4 the help with the 12tz install. That link u setnt helped a lot and I did exactly that and everything worked out just fine. It sucks I wont be able 2 rip it up with the 12tz cuz while I had my trx 3.3 still on it I hit a speed bump in a parking lot at about 40mph and totally destroyed my rear end. gear box breaks both drive shafts. Its cool I already got most of the parts. Just waiting 4 the drive shafts. Ill get some video with the 12tz installed once my header pipe gets in.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:46 AM
ajk2649

Well I got the 12tz installed and it was a pain in the a@$. It'll be worth it im sure. Someone had posted something on here saying when he installeed the same engine on his jato he had 2 grind the engine mount holes so the clutch bell and spur gear would line up.I just find that a little over the top and didnt wanna go 2 that extent but I guess what ever works. I ran into the same problem but I feel as long as u have a good gear mesh and it lined up pretty close it shouldnt be a problem. My gear mesh is fine so we'll see what happens. Im just waiting on my header pipe. I already got the exhaust pipe im just waiting on the header. ill be sure 2 get some vids when its running.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:30 AM
devo208

ajk- that metal spur gear is going to eat that bell gear up, i know cause i went thru 3 bells and all i did was put a plastic spur to solve the problem and it wont eat the plastic spur gear up.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:44 AM
quietnas1

I havo to disagree with you devo208. I also have a metal spur gear and as long as your gear mesh is good you should have no issues. I have been running mine for about 2 months now with no wear and tear on the spur or the bell..
Old 02-28-2009, 08:50 AM
quietnas1

By the way ajk how are those Integy shocks. I was thinking about getting them but I have heard some bad things about them. Since I see that your actually using them what is your opinion on the shocks?
Old 02-28-2009, 01:50 PM
ajk2649

Well about the metal gear.........I have been running it with my trx 3.3 for a long time and had no problems. I actually messed up my plastic spur gear and some teeth grinded right off of it so I then went with the metal one and had no problems as long as the gear mesh is good. As for the shocks......Yeah I have heard some bad things about them as well but I dont have any problems with them. I sometimes think they are a little 2 soft and when you hammer the throttle the back end really wants 2 sit down but if u use the right shock oil and have the right tension I dont think they are all that bad man.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:00 PM
ajk2649

Hey quietnas.......I think I may have noticed u have jacos on ur jato is that right? I have them in the rear and and they seem 2 be a little loose and I had 2 use washers. Did u also have that problem? Also which ones do u use in the front? I got some from rcuniverse but they messed up once again and sent the wrong ones. So now that twice they messed up. Sent the wrong tires and I ordered my header pipe 3 weeks ago and it still isnt here cuz of back order but yet on the site it says on stock. Whatever tho it sucks............ Later bro!
Old 02-28-2009, 06:25 PM
quietnas1

Thanks for the insight on the shocks. As far as the Jaco tires I also needed to use washers on the rear but the fronts fit nice and tight. The proper part number is JAC2020. The front bear bearins also fit nice and snug.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:29 AM
60jato71

does you guys ever have any troubles with jato spinning when you gunnit
see if i took of slowly no problems but if try to speed up rapidly my car just spin like crazy
does any of you have the same problem?
i have the stock anaconda tires if i switch tires will that help?
some people tell me that thats the nature if the beast because tha jato's size and weigth
and the big 3.3 engine
any help ?

thanks for the help
Old 03-01-2009, 08:38 AM
devo208

ajk- that o.s..12tz is different from that 3.3 trust me you'll be changing the spur cause a bell isnt as easy to change compared to a spur gear.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:41 AM
devo208

60 jato- you need to get the foamy jaco has for them. www.towerhobbies.com
Old 03-01-2009, 09:21 AM
ajk2649

Yeah I know its diff. It has a lot higher RPM and a lot more low end torque. I noticed even with the 3.3 there was some dust kinda metal all around the gear and engine area but thst happens no matter what with metal gears cuz they are working them selfs together I guess u can say. I just dont see how the plastic gear would be any better. I think if go go back 2 the plastic spur ill strip it 4 sure cuz I have already done it in the past. If things dont work out atleast I'll already have the info from u and be able 2 make the change.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:51 AM
quietnas1

ORIGINAL: 60jato71

see if i took of slowly no problems but if try to speed up rapidly my car just spin like crazy
some people tell me that thats the nature if the beast because tha jato's size and weigth
and the big 3.3 engine
any help ?

thanks for the help
Once the tires start to wear out the tires will spin. The Anacondas are pretty decent but I run the Jaco foam tires most of the time on my Jato and they get some pretty goo grip.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Mekong

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

ORIGINAL: 60jato71

and the big 3.3 engine
any help ?

thanks for the help
Once the tires start to wear out the tires will spin. The Anacondas are pretty decent but I run the Jaco foam tires most of the time on my Jato and they get some pretty goo grip.

Try the thickest diff oil you can get, it helps!
Old 03-02-2009, 12:32 AM
JatoGuy

Quick Jato Video I just made. [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRje0XQaGf0]Jato Bashing[/link]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.