Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Aurora 9Ch, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 07:25 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aurora 9Ch, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.

ORIGINAL: Stoeptegel HI, looks like a killer radio. One question though, is the EPA actually limiting the servo throw? i.e. does the transmitter allow the servo go beyond the EPA when applying full flaps and aileron input at the same time on flaperons and thus go beyond the set EPA? Or is the EPA limiting and does not allow to sum different mix inputs? (if you know what i mean...)
User of any type of transmitter must always ensure models are set up mechanically correct and use EPA, ATVetc with carefull testing to ensure that mixes do not over extend servos beyond their mechanical stops - the TX does not know the limits of individual servos, some of which have greater adjustment than others.
Do not relyon electronic trims solely- listen for any signs of binding and back off.
Aurora A9 - Heli Swash Ring to be included in a future Firmware Update.
may be of interest as well as:
Aurora A9 - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips, (includes Spectra Pro and Optima RX features) . {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 01-07-2010, 07:31 PM
A.T.

Default RE: Aurora 9Ch, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.

ORIGINAL: Stoeptegel HI, looks like a killer radio. One question though, is the EPA actually limiting the servo throw? i.e. does the transmitter allow the servo go beyond the EPA when applying full flaps and aileron input at the same time on flaperons and thus go beyond the set EPA? Or is the EPA limiting and does not allow to sum different mix inputs? (if you know what i mean...)
No electronic means presently possible of governing maximum servo travel on all mixes known in any TX apart from Swash/Cyclic on some top end TX. However, refer to:
Aurora A9 - Heli Swash Ring to be included in a future Firmware Update. - can apply to Mode 2 only.

Models should always be set up mechanically correct so EPA, ATV etc are kept to a minimum. Never rely solely on any type of electronic trim to fix as there are many different servos with differing fixed stops. Listen to servo and back off if any binding is heard.

Regards
Alan T.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Meyer1811

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted this in one of the other threads - please excuse me if you are reading it twice.

Well I found something not to do!!

I was testing the setup for a plane with the transmitter "on" checking throws and such. Throttle lock was enabled.

I wanted to do some things with spoilerons and went to the model type screen. I then tapped the "motor" icon and changed it to Motor + Air-brake - WRONG thing to do with the transmitter "on".

My motor started up and left Aileron went to full up!!!! I powered down the transmitter before any damage was done, but had quite a scare.

So what happened? My existing servo configuration was replaced with the default configuration that had my left aileron on ch 3 where the ESC was plugged in. Since the stick was in its neutral position the motor started and the left aileron went up because the throttle stick was in its lowest position.

With all the warning messages that the Aurora gives, you would think that it would be smart enough to know that it was about to replace a non default configuration and display a warning.

Mike - please think about that for a future update.

So be aware that the existing configuration will be over written without warning and unexpected things can result.

John
Old 01-10-2010, 12:45 PM
AJsToyz

A.T. or Bob or Mike ?

I was reading the manual and it says you need to change the module and antenna for 72mhz, does the radio come with both modules?

thanks !!

Andy
Old 01-10-2010, 01:21 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: AJsToyz A.T. or Bob or Mike ? I was reading the manual and it says you need to change the module and antenna for 72mhz, does the radio come with both modules? thanks !! Andy
Negative.
Spectra Pro 72Mhz Module - delayed until at least Feb 2010.
Coupons and Pricing Comparisons
as per
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:39 PM
AJsToyz

Thank you Al !!
Old 01-15-2010, 04:24 PM
mainbeam225
My Feedback: (4)

Just got the Spectra/Optima 7 conversion for my Eclipse 7. Can anyone tell me if there is a preferred consideration for mounting the RX? Thanks in advance.

Mainbeam 225
Old 01-15-2010, 05:12 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: mainbeam225 Just got the Spectra/Optima 7 conversion for my Eclipse 7. Can anyone tell me if there is a preferred consideration for mounting the RX? Thanks in advance. Mainbeam 225
Much depends upon the model and space available.
Apart from instructions in the
Hitec RCD Optima 6, 7 & 9ch Receiver Manual
the following may assist:
Optima RX - Installation RX, BODA Antenna & Range Test Results.
Carbon Fiber Fuse... Report - from well known Glider Pilot and Fly RC author Mike Lee
Aurora A9 - Giant Scale set up Brandon Chitty's 42% Aeroworks Yak - Video presentation of set up.

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated}

Regards
Alan T.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:18 PM
Langster

Could someone please direct me to the airspeed telemetry feature of the Aurora if it is available?

Thanks

Lang
Old 02-21-2010, 07:02 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Langster Could someone please direct me to the airspeed telemetry feature of the Aurora if it is available? Thanks Lang
Aurora A9 Telemetry / Flying Range
Aurora A9 Telemetry Screens & Displays
as per
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. [- a major update to this page should be visible within 48 hours.]

regards
Alan T.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:06 AM
Langster

Thanks A.T. Is there also a pitot tube sensor available for airspeed, and would that respond faster than a GPS. Sort of like a stall warning alarm?
Old 02-22-2010, 03:10 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Langster Thanks A.T. Is there also a pitot tube sensor available for airspeed, and would that respond faster than a GPS. Sort of like a stall warning alarm?
Not at present, refer -
Hitec Catalogue 2010 - 2.4GHz and Telemetry detail
Aurora A9 Telemetry Screens & Displays - Video

Pictures attached are from 2010 Catalogue and pre-production examples posted earlier.
Photos of final units displayed at a recent show proving elusive at present.
see also:

Regards
Alan T.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59847.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1384696   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lh18604.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	1384697   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ep86026.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	1384698   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wn86430.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	1384699   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om94130.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	1384700  
Old 02-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Langster

Hi Alan,

Many thanks for your feedback.

Cheers

Lang
Old 02-26-2010, 06:51 PM
A.T.

"Initial list updated with new information and as Q&A arise - check back regularily.

Content updated and transferred to post #45. "

Thank you

Alan Tong

Old 03-12-2010, 08:48 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As per Bob, to make the A9 work with AFPD, create a ACRO model in the A9, remove the module, power it up (it doesn't power up automatically with the trainer port plugged in), plug the usb cable in (no adapter needed) and calibrate in AFPD.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

I found a surprise on my Aurora the other day...the manual refers to "throttle lock", but it doesn't function on my tx. Wonder if it was there before I upgraded to v. 1.06 ???
It would be a handy feature for setting up collective on the heli without wearing out the wire connectors on the motor/esc, but I sure can't see where to access it, and "press and hold for 2 seconds" ain't gettin it done.

Anyone?
Old 03-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Chancho

Bob,

Throttle Lock works just fine on mine. You press the Icon on the lower left in the main menu, for ~2 seconds and it toggles the contrasts in the display image and then reads "THRD Lock" above the icon... See pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96108.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	1397038   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36243.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	1397039   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu50221.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	201.6 KB
ID:	1397040  
Old 03-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

USER(me)Error!!!!!
For Throttle Lock to work, it must be "Transmit" mode, meaning that it is set to radiate RF. If you select "No" at the power up prompt, it disables the Throttle lock function.

BTW - this works just DANDY for setting up collective on a CCPMheli.....thanks Hitec programmers!!!!

Old 03-29-2010, 01:42 PM
A.T.

Aurora A9 - Fly RC Product Review by Scott Stoops with Bob Aberle & Thayer Syme attached.
This for readers easy access because currently not available on Hitec USA pages whilst they are being renewed.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Xv62876.pdf (363.5 KB, 111 views)
Old 04-02-2010, 02:25 PM
A.T.

Initial list updated with new information and as Q&A arise - check back regularily.

Content updated and transferred to post #49.
This as RCU does not allow Edit/Update posts after 5 weeks (posts #2 , #39 & 45)

Thank you
Alan Tong
Old 04-13-2010, 06:27 PM
A.T.

*** previous post duplicated in error **
Old 04-21-2010, 02:41 PM
A.T.

***Delete duplicated post #45 **
Old 04-24-2010, 03:55 AM
A.T.

***Delete duplicated post #45 **
Old 05-03-2010, 09:12 PM
A.T.

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.
<hr size="1" style="background-color: #a7a7a7; color: #a7a7a7" />

Content updated and transferred to Post #57
This as RCU does not allow Edit/Update posts after 5 weeks (posts #2 , #39, #45 &#49)

Inconvenience caused transferring to new post is regretted.

Alan Tong
Old 05-14-2010, 07:39 AM
misha034

one question for AT.

I have followed instructions for binding and everything seems to work. but when I turn on second model,
controls on both planes are working.

is it ok? should only activ model controls move?

best regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.