Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

***Introducing the all-new RCU Marketplace!*** (coming 3/21/18)

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

***Introducing the all-new RCU Marketplace!*** (coming 3/21/18)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 03:39 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Here is a Forum Thread started by RCU-Administration back on 9/12/2003 as to why at the time RCU management was selling the reasons that it got away from a Forum Based Classified system.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rcun...-than-old.html
Why is the New Classified System Better than the Old?Many of you have asked why we moved the classifieds to a new system. Here are some of the reasons:

1. On forum-based classifieds, you had to read thread titles and guess whether an ad was for something you wanted. In the new system, you can click the "Advanced Search" link in the search box (upper left). From that search, you can find stuff quickly and accurately. You can search by: manufacturer, product name, price range, location, and other parameters.

2. On forum-based classifieds, you ad could become quickly buried under a mountain of other ads. On RCU, you can create a "Featured" ad and guarantee that it will be on top.

3. On forum-based classifieds, a simple reply post boosts another member's ad on top, simply because someone replied. In our system, the only way to scoot back up to the top is to EARN IT by discounting your price by at least 10%. This way, a boost up means something to shoppers.

4. On forum-based classifieds, there is no way to sort your search results. In the new system, you can filter cars, boats, airplanes and heli's by their build type (like RTR or ARF).

5. Forum-based ads often leave out important information about the product leading to back and forth discussion that is unnecessary many times. Ads are free form and sometimes difficult to read through. In our system, the format is consistent and you KNOW where everything is (like shipping info, product condition, price, reason for selling etc.).

6. The new system give you the option to use a stock photo and stock specs. This makes ad creation easier.

7. When searching on the forum, you can search for products in a certain condition (like "new in box" or "used-excellent" to limit your search of products.

8. The new site provides a "drill down" way of searching. Our "X-Ray" search technology displays ALL ads in a general category (like Helicopters) and then filters the list as you click on sub-categories. This way, folks who like to just browse, can see everything in the first click to a category and those looking more specifically can drill in. The listing pages give you an instant look at each product in the category you are searching, with the username, price, location and "commercial ad" designation if appropriate.

Once you get to know the tools of the new system, we think you'll appreciate its superior ability to handle large volumes of ads.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:34 AM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

+ 1 ,this is great one.hope that IBobi will consider this as a the only way to make the market place ,,great again,,
Old 05-04-2018, 04:38 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

They spent money to move back to a forum base system, they can spend more money to get it back to the way it was only better. I hope the owner of RCU gets it?
Old 05-04-2018, 09:42 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	4105995.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	2260370
Old 05-04-2018, 02:42 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by altgamer
I don't think it's a connection issue since everything on here loads quickly, I'm able to select category, description, photo, etc with no problems. It's only after I click 'list it' it shows a loading circle in the middle of the screen, even waiting 10 minutes it doesn't seem to do anything and never shows an error message.

The image is only 1280x960 (439KB) so I wouldn't think that's too large but I can try with something smaller sized tomorrow. Any other help on it is appreciated, Thanks.
User only has 2 forum posts. Make some more. Posting photos is limited to members who have contributed to the forums
Old 05-04-2018, 02:44 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
I wouldn't either. It's not going to happen. We will continue to make the current marketplace the best it can be, and appreciate all feedback to help us do that.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:52 PM
scale only 4 me

Originally Posted by IBobi
User only has 2 forum posts. Make some more. Posting photos is limited to members who have contributed to the forums
The guy's been a member for 9 years, I'm sure he's loaded a lot of pages over that time frame, and clearly he's been active in the classifieds, Isn't that how web sites make money,, by banner and google ads loading?, not everyone posts a lot in the forums, that doesn't mean they aren't helping pay your salary
Old 05-04-2018, 03:15 PM
IBobi

The guy's been a member for 9 years, I'm sure he's loaded a lot of pages over that time frame, and clearly he's been active in the classifieds, Isn't that how web sites make money,, by banner and google ads loading?, not everyone posts a lot in the forums, that doesn't mean they aren't helping pay your salary
That's not how it works. It's a coded antispam measure. Gotta make the posts or can't post pics.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:38 PM
altgamer
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Ahh, as much as I want to contribute on the forums, I'm more so of a reader, I don't have much meaningful to post hobby wise since people know far more than I do on here, wouldn't really add much.

If I paid to become a premium member would that let me list items with photos, or would that still be tied to a post count regardless?

Thanks.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:41 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by altgamer
Ahh, as much as I want to contribute on the forums, I'm more so of a reader, I don't have much meaningful to post hobby wise since people know far more than I do on here, wouldn't really add much.

If I paid to become a premium member would that let me list items with photos, or would that still be tied to a post count regardless?

Thanks.
You should be able to if you become a paid member.
Old 05-05-2018, 01:15 PM
altgamer
My Feedback: (26)

Lightbulb

You should be able to if you become a paid member.
​​​​​I upgraded to premium and tried it a few times, still just gives me a spinning circle when attempting to list anything. I don't know if it'll help but I uploaded a video on what happens and PM'd you a link to it, otherwise I'm not sure what else to try.
Old 05-06-2018, 03:06 AM
scale only 4 me

That's not how it works. It's a coded antispam measure. Gotta make the posts or can't post pics.
Maybe explain that forum feature more clearly in your post, it came off and just giving the guy a hard time, when did that start? How many posts does a member need to make?
Old 05-06-2018, 03:21 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

appears to be more than the 4 that guy has.
Old 05-07-2018, 07:04 PM
RCRON
My Feedback: (33)

Is this for real, if works it sure does NOT have to be fixed. Keep it up RCU and I will say BYE--BYE I loved it before all this crap an bought many things too. Just maybe you will go back to the old ways I hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-08-2018, 03:08 PM
IBobi

Maybe explain that forum feature more clearly in your post, it came off and just giving the guy a hard time, when did that start? How many posts does a member need to make?
We do not disclose that. It is an antispam measure and we don't advertise to the spammers how to get around it. But what I said is correct -- the forums are for more than just sales, so making a post in the community now and then is a good way for people to know you're legit, and to contribute here instead of just selling stuff.

Originally Posted by RCRON
Is this for real, if works it sure does NOT have to be fixed. Keep it up RCU and I will say BYE--BYE I loved it before all this crap an bought many things too. Just maybe you will go back to the old ways I hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi! No idea what you are talking about If you have an issue please let us know so we can address it!
Old 05-08-2018, 04:01 PM
mongo

" We do not disclose that. It is an antispam measure and we don't advertise to the spammers how to get around it. But what I said is correct -- the forums are for more than just sales, so making a post in the community now and then is a good way for people to know you're legit, and to contribute here instead of just selling stuff."

that would be what trader ratings are for.
Old 05-08-2018, 04:41 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by mongo
" We do not disclose that. It is an antispam measure and we don't advertise to the spammers how to get around it. But what I said is correct -- the forums are for more than just sales, so making a post in the community now and then is a good way for people to know you're legit, and to contribute here instead of just selling stuff."

that would be what trader ratings are for.
That too.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:01 PM
mongo

5 forum posts or 5000,
i seriously do not care how many thousand post someone has. i want to see several good reviews of his trades, both selling and buying before i do business with them.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:03 PM
scale only 4 me

We do not disclose that. It is an antispam measure and we don't advertise to the spammers how to get around it. But what I said is correct -- the forums are for more than just sales, so making a post in the community now and then is a good way for people to know you're legit, and to contribute here instead of just selling stuff.
!

So the guy's been a member for 15 years,, has a perfect 33 feedback over those years and he's treated like a potential scammer, way to push guys away
Old 05-09-2018, 02:21 PM
IBobi

So the guy's been a member for 15 years,, has a perfect 33 feedback over those years and he's treated like a potential scammer, way to push guys away
Lol. It's software, bub. Everyone is treated the same, according to the rules this community set for the site. Nobody is calling anyone a scammer. Lighten up.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:30 PM
dtitzer

Hate the new rcu everything about it is confusing
Old 05-10-2018, 05:16 AM
davisf
My Feedback: (20)

Default Really?

I have been out of flying for a year or so. I used to sell on RCU. I have some stuff left over that I wanted to sell and I come back to this! I thought it was just me, but I have read the comments. I can find my ads to edit. Too frustrating to waste time with
Old 05-10-2018, 10:52 AM
vpresley
My Feedback: (162)

Default Why dont the pictures show up???

I click on an add, all I see is text and no pictures?? What's up with that???????????????????
Old 05-10-2018, 10:58 AM
IBobi

Originally Posted by vpresley
I click on an add, all I see is text and no pictures?? What's up with that???????????????????
What ad? I see all pictures. If you don't see them in a particular ad, post a link to it.
Old 05-13-2018, 03:46 PM
spratman
My Feedback: (27)

Default Yuck

Old format was so much better. New format is Not good to view, Not easy to navigate, and certainly Not fun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.