Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Using both PWM ports AND S.Bus at the same time

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 08:53 AM
EtheAv8r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using both PWM ports AND S.Bus at the same time

I wish to use both S-Bus and the built-in PWM servo outputs. I have available an R2008SB Rx or an R7008SB Rx.

The S.Bus connection will go to an Aura 8 gyro which will have connected 2 x Aileron servos, 2 x Elevator Servos and a single Rudder Servo each on individual ports (no Y leads). I could also add 2 x Flap servos thus using 7 of the 8 Aura 8 outputs.

I would also wish to connect 2 x electric retracts (one per channel as this is for a Spitfire so I would like to have asynchronous undercarriage Up and Down motions), and the throttle servo direct to the Rx using standard PWM servo outputs, plus possibly the two x Flap servos if I do not connect them to the Aura 8 as above.

Now I may be completely wrong but I understand that the R2008SB outputs 12 channels on the S.Bus port and 8 from the standard PWM ports? But the outputs from the 8 PMW ports mirror channels 1-8 on S.Bus so can’t be used for separate functions, or can they?? So probably I cannot use an R2008SB to do what I need, or can I?

With the R7008SB I believe I can do what I need as it outputs 18 channels on S-Bus2 but only 12 on S.Bus plus 7/8 channels on the PWM ports depending on the Mode selected. I therefore believe that if I set the R70007SB into Mode D this will give me Channels 9-15 on PWM outputs 1-7 and channels 1-8 on the S.Bus output into the gyro. Is this correct? If it is it means I would have to run the throttle through the Aura 8 (which is doable) or reassign the throttle to another channel in the 9-15 range?

So can I do what I need with either of these Rx’s, or just the R7008SB, or worst case would I need to have a dual R7008SB Rx setup, one in Mode B for S.Bus and the other in Mode C for the PWM servo functions, which is getting expensive?

I will do some experimenting, but it would be great if someone who actually knows about this could confirm the options and possibilities, or whether I need a different Futaba Rx (R6208SB?) to achieve what I want and point me in the right direction. I have 18MZ Tx.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:53 AM
EtheAv8r

Well thanks for the help guys; it is always good to know that having "invested" thousands of dollars in Futaba gear, replacing my previous extensive Spektrum setup, that such great help and support is available.......

At least Horizon support responded quickly to requests for assistance.
Old 10-14-2017, 09:57 AM
EtheAv8r

For anyone else interested in this I can confirm that using the R7008SB in Mode D this does give me Channels 9-15 on PWM outputs 1-7 and channels 1-8 on the S.Bus output into the gyro. I can run the throttle through the Aura 8 or reassign the throttle to another channel in the 9-15 range in the Tx and connect the throttle to the chosen port on the R7008SB.

As for a response from Futaba Support (BAX???) well there does not appear to be any.

Last edited by EtheAv8r; 10-14-2017 at 09:59 AM.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:09 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Glad you got this one figured out. Sorry for the radio silence there for a short time. Just so it is here, the R7008SB manual shows what you get in various modes.

The important thing to keep in mind is you cannot have the same channels on the PMW ports AND the S.Bus ports.

Click image for larger version

Name:	r7008sb-manual.pdf
Views:	198
Size:	789.7 KB
ID:	2242249
Old 10-23-2017, 03:33 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

So are you going to monitor this forum and answer questions now that Bill is gone? If so, some of use who've tried to answer a few questions will quit.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:46 AM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Yes, I will be doing product support ere now. Thanks for picking up the slack during the transition!!