Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Ratchet to smooth throttle on 16IZ

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2022, 07:09 PM
killerG
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ratchet to smooth throttle on 16IZ

I have the airplane version with ratchet throttle. I want to convert it to smooth throttle, how can this be done?
Also, is it possible to convert the momentary switch to a regular 2 position switch?
Thanks
Old 04-16-2022, 08:23 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

The ratchet you can do. You need to contact service and get the small plastic piece to make it smooth.

The switch is harder to do yourself. Best bet there is to send it in to service to have them do it.

Follow this link then go to "repair service"

https://futabausa.com/

Old 04-17-2022, 04:19 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

When the rachet spring mount on my RealFlight controller broke the throttle had no resistance and would drop back to full down when the controller was held up. I thought the controller was a modified Futaba transmitter.
Old 04-17-2022, 01:31 PM
FUTABA-RC

Originally Posted by rgburrill
When the rachet spring mount on my RealFlight controller broke the throttle had no resistance and would drop back to full down when the controller was held up. I thought the controller was a modified Futaba transmitter.
No idea what Real Flight uses. You might try opening it up and taking a look, but it is not a Futaba serviceable item.
Old 04-18-2022, 03:51 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by FUTABA-RC
No idea what Real Flight uses. You might try opening it up and taking a look, but it is not a Futaba serviceable item.
I did open it up. Also epoxied the mount back together so I could have the ratchet back and be able to control throttle.
Old 04-18-2022, 03:53 AM
stealdesk
My Feedback: (4)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If it has the metal leaf spring for the ratchet you can put a small piece of silicon fuel tubing over it to make it smooth with resistance.
Old 04-18-2022, 07:09 AM
killerG
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by killerG
I have the airplane version with ratchet throttle. I want to convert it to smooth throttle, how can this be done?
Also, is it possible to convert the momentary switch to a regular 2 position switch?
Thanks
So on the switch, is it just a simple switch replacement or does some sort of programming need to be done?
thanks
Old 04-18-2022, 08:17 AM
FUTABA-RC

Originally Posted by killerG
So on the switch, is it just a simple switch replacement or does some sort of programming need to be done?
thanks
The programming needs to be told what kind of switch it is. Momentary versus 2-pos