Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 03:06 PM
kerwin50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No I was talking to the OP
Old 02-14-2014, 05:50 PM
smeckert

"Detroit is a waste land " , Vertical G. I take offense to that !
Have you ever been to metro Detroit ? Should Colorado be judged by what we see on the news ?
I make lug nuts in a union shop in metro Detroit , we ship to China , Korea , Vietnam , Africa , pretty much every where a car is made in the world . That does say something that they choose to buy from America !
Normally i respect what you say ( whether i agree or not ) but not with your statement about Detroit .
China is catching up on metallurgy every day , but labor cost are also catching up . The chase for cheap labor will abandon them and move on to the next country . My money is on Africa as that's where the electrical supplies are going .

Last edited by smeckert; 02-14-2014 at 05:55 PM. Reason: spelling whether not weather
Old 02-14-2014, 07:05 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm done with DL, DLE, FEJ, ABS, Tiger, TH, ENYA, BMW, HH, MGI, GE, CBS, CMP, TF, CG, ... If it is an acronym, I don't want it or need it.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:09 PM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

Originally Posted by smeckert
"Detroit is a waste land " , Vertical G. I take offense to that !
Have you ever been to metro Detroit ? Should Colorado be judged by what we see on the news ?
I make lug nuts in a union shop in metro Detroit , we ship to China , Korea , Vietnam , Africa , pretty much every where a car is made in the world . That does say something that they choose to buy from America !
Normally i respect what you say ( whether i agree or not ) but not with your statement about Detroit .
China is catching up on metallurgy every day , but labor cost are also catching up . The chase for cheap labor will abandon them and move on to the next country . My money is on Africa as that's where the electrical supplies are going .
Why would you take offense to the truth? Detroit is a wasteland that will never recover no matter how many cornball documentaries they make trying to force the city to succeed with the "power of positive thinking". Despite the fact that you work there, apparently you've never taken a simple drive around the city. Block after block after block of bombed out, burned out, abandoned structures. What would be prime real estate in any other major city in America is worthless in Detroit. Where else can you find entire city blocks for sale on Craigslist for $5,000?

A simple look at the economic facts, figures, and trends regarding the city is enough to convince even the most ardent skeptics that there will never be a recovery. It's a s*** creek that started in the late 60s, has never been abated, and has now turned into a torrential flooding river of corruption and crime. It will never change because the population continues to elect people who are nothing less than criminals in fancy suits. Detroit deserves the miserable existence that it has. I hate that my tax dollars continue to prop up this cesspool.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:33 PM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

Originally Posted by TexasSkyPilot
Ray,

In response to the guy who told me that the spark plug helicoil kit is $90 (it's not even worth going back through the posts to find out who), I just want to point out that anyone can go to Northern Tool and buy a helicoil kit for your spark plug for $9.95 - I knew I'd seen them, so I went and checked it out with my own eyes. They have them right there, hanging on the rack. You can also mail order it from Northern Tool if your town doesn't have a store. Sure, the helicoil kit is Chinese-made. Using a Chinese helicoil for a Chinese head. I'd say that should work out fine.

~ Jim ~
First off, I didn't tell you that. I offered that information to the OP so that he knew what it cost to buy the entire repair kit, and it was also a subtle offer to repair his cylinder head at no cost. Go back and read. I seriously doubt that you found a 10mm X 1.0 HeliCoil kit (special tap, 10 inserts, tools, etc) at Northern Tool for $10. It's a very uncommon thread and one that doesn't even show up on their website. I'm guessing that you saw a 10mm kit and didn't pay attention to the pitch. 10mm X 1.25 is usually carried by most parts stores but is incorrect for the thread on the CM-6 plug.

You can get a Permacoil kit off of Amazon or Ebay for $30-$40, but the quality isn't nearly as good as the Helicoil products. I gave an honest assessment of cost with an offer to help.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:18 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just bought me two more DLEs! Sweet!
Old 02-15-2014, 09:06 AM
kmeyers

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Luchnia
Just bought me two more DLEs! Sweet!
What would be sweeter was if you got them for cheap from people who are Done with DLE!
Old 02-15-2014, 10:37 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

If you want DLE parts, try www.valleyviewrc.com, They typically have them in stock.

I searched all over for a new head for one of my crashed DLE111s. ValleyviewRC was the only one that had one. Hobbico had them listed as on backorder. VallyView even has some used parts cause they repair the engines too. They also have the gaskets. Heck, they even sent me a used carb cover plate (versus buying a whole new Carb).

Nope, ... I don't work for them. They just went out of their way to help me. BTW- I love the DLE111s. Any problems I ever had with them were "self-imposed." And, ... they run like a top!