Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Done with DLE

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 11:21 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Wasn't the DA 50 a knockoff of the 3W? So I guess Americans are capable of the same behavior?

Cheap foreign products are the only thing keeping americans from realizing how little the dollar is worth. For many, if it were not for these products, they would not be able to afford to live. As soon as China starts to clean up it's environment, and install labor unions, the S*** will hit the fan for many working families here. There will be a day of reckoning at some point.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:15 PM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by erik valdez
Quoting President Ronald Reagan and praising a communist product while having a Christian based belief for a name all in the same post. Words escape me.
Here we go again...

Ronnie Reagan
Old 01-29-2014, 12:37 PM
erik valdez
My Feedback: (80)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No pissing match here, you buy whatever you want to, just people stating their opinions. I've been in this hobby long enough to see the shift from American made to who cares, well its me, I'm the one who still cares. You guys buy what you like from where you like, Ill keep my quality items.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:55 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I own engines from the USA, Japan, Canada, Taiwan and yes, China. So far, China would be just a recent and minority player in the mix. Every one of these engines, and some are quite old, have components or materials from other countries so if I chose to own only 100% American engines, I wouldn't own any engines at all!

I predict that one day soon, the shift will be away from China to a yet to be determined source. Probably back home wherever home happens to be. Then the discussion (some call it a pissing match) will be about the development problems of those then new products.

About pissing matches ..... I prefer to call them discussions and not all discussions have to end with agreements. Sorry if some don't like or agree with that. Back to this discussion, my point is that not all products from China are junk as some would have us believe.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:07 PM
vertical grimmace

Maybe we will see a shift of manufacturing back to Detroit! I bet the few inhabitants of that wasteland will work pretty cheap now.

I guess I will just buy Fox and DA. Then I will get a better nights sleep.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:08 PM
erik valdez
My Feedback: (80)

I'm a 3W guy, so German for me.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2725[1].JPG
Views:	192
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	1963269  
Old 01-29-2014, 02:52 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by erik valdez
No pissing match here, you buy whatever you want to, just people stating their opinions. I've been in this hobby long enough to see the shift from American made to who cares, well its me, I'm the one who still cares. You guys buy what you like from where you like, Ill keep my quality items.
Well, I use to be in the same boat with you. Always believed in purchasing American made products. But after doing a lot of research, I started finding out that most of these American made products are not made within the boarders of the USA anymore.

Given examples are Harley Davidson motorcycles. Many of the parts come from Japan and most of their accessories are made in Taiwan.

Chrysler just got bought out by Fiat. Guess what they named their new company ? You are correct if you said " Fiat Chrysler " !

Finally, always believed in and have owned General Motors vehicles. Until my last Chevrolet TrailBlazer. Never had a vehicle that had so many problems and failures. Even had transmission cooling lines rust away that were up in the engine compartment. Now tell me how does aluminum or stainless steel rust ? Company would not stand behind it and dealership only stated " well we don't make them, we only REPAIR them ".

My wife had a Hyundai Tucson. In five years of ownership she put 180,000 miles on that Tucson. She only replaced timing belts, which was a required maintenance item, one set of rear brakes and one rear wheel bearing. Well we traded the Tucson and that junk Chevrolet and guess what new vehicle is in our garage ? Yes Sir, you are correct again if you said a new " HYUNDAI " !

American made is not American made anymore. Hell, America is not even close to being the country that it used to be !
Old 01-29-2014, 05:41 PM
jefflangton
My Feedback: (23)

Originally Posted by thepamster
Jeffangton...aka... does not know what he is talking about.
Ok, try a dle and see what you've been missing
Old 01-29-2014, 05:48 PM
vertical grimmace

Originally Posted by Granpooba
Well, I use to be in the same boat with you. Always believed in purchasing American made products. But after doing a lot of research, I started finding out that most of these American made products are not made within the boarders of the USA anymore.

Given examples are Harley Davidson motorcycles. Many of the parts come from Japan and most of their accessories are made in Taiwan.

Chrysler just got bought out by Fiat. Guess what they named their new company ? You are correct if you said " Fiat Chrysler " !

Finally, always believed in and have owned General Motors vehicles. Until my last Chevrolet TrailBlazer. Never had a vehicle that had so many problems and failures. Even had transmission cooling lines rust away that were up in the engine compartment. Now tell me how does aluminum or stainless steel rust ? Company would not stand behind it and dealership only stated " well we don't make them, we only REPAIR them ".

My wife had a Hyundai Tucson. In five years of ownership she put 180,000 miles on that Tucson. She only replaced timing belts, which was a required maintenance item, one set of rear brakes and one rear wheel bearing. Well we traded the Tucson and that junk Chevrolet and guess what new vehicle is in our garage ? Yes Sir, you are correct again if you said a new " HYUNDAI " !

American made is not American made anymore. Hell, America is not even close to being the country that it used to be !
Change indeed! I find it hard to bleed red, white, and blue, When the red, white, and blue, is bleeding me.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:33 AM
cloud_9

Originally Posted by irocbsa
I'm guessing that since the OP hasn't shown up in the thread since the original post, despite numerous offers to help and tons of good advice, that this is just another thread where someone wanted to blow off steam with no intention of fixing the problem. Either that or it's another thread among hundreds on this board that are purely designed to cause bickering and pissing contests. Maybe I'm wrong and he'll show up again, but I just don't get it.
Or maybe since the OP was ridiculed, attacked, and and blamed, without even asking about whether he may have overtightened the plug, he realized what a joke it is to try and get help here. I rarely visit RCU. I wonder if it's always like this. He did get some good advice about the air leak, but by that time, I'm sure he was long gone, as I would have been.

Go back and read the thread from the OP's first post. You'll see what I mean, I think.

Jim
Old 01-30-2014, 06:44 AM
irocbsa
My Feedback: (12)

I did read it again and it's typical of hundreds of other threads that stink of trolling on this site. The post is meant to be inflammatory by trashing a particular brand, no advice is sought, a shameless plug is made for another brand, and the guy disappears. People get excited defending or trashing their brand of choice and the thread gets closed. Those type of posts don't do anyone any good but they incessantly pop up, often from people with very low post counts who haven't contributed anything of value thus far. i.e. Trolling. Yeah, unfortunately, it always is like this.

Last edited by irocbsa; 01-30-2014 at 06:46 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:59 AM
cloud_9

Originally Posted by irocbsa
I did read it again and it's typical of hundreds of other threads that stink of trolling on this site. The post is meant to be inflammatory by trashing a particular brand, no advice is sought, a shameless plug is made for another brand, and the guy disappears. People get excited defending or trashing their brand of choice and the thread gets closed. Those type of posts don't do anyone any good but they incessantly pop up, often from people with very low post counts who haven't contributed anything of value thus far. i.e. Trolling. Yeah, unfortunately, it always is like this.
No, I believe it wasn't a troll, wasn't posted to trash DLE in the sense you suggest. It was a guy who felt he had a problem whether he was wrong or the cause of it or not. The only thing wrong with him was thinking this was a good place to get help. If he had a low post count, it would just suggest that he is inexperienced and really needed the help, and was perhaps drawing conclusions about DLE without enough experience to judge whether it was DLE's fault. In other words, he needed help.

I don't know what kind of hostile, suspicious glasses some of the posters here are viewing the world through, but it sure makes this a rough crowd.

Jim
Old 01-30-2014, 06:59 AM
Truckracer

Originally Posted by cloud_9
Or maybe since the OP was ridiculed, attacked, and and blamed, without even asking about whether he may have overtightened the plug, he realized what a joke it is to try and get help here. I rarely visit RCU. I wonder if it's always like this. He did get some good advice about the air leak, but by that time, I'm sure he was long gone, as I would have been.

Go back and read the thread from the OP's first post. You'll see what I mean, I think.

Jim
The original OP never asked a question which left the thread to flounder in most any direction. It was just a "vent" about DL and DLE engines and in fact could have been considered a troll by some. The issues mentioned in the OP were discussed and common fixes were suggested. I would say his "non-questions" were dealt with quickly and directly.

From there, the troll aspect of the OP took over and with the usual "all products made in China are junk" people chimed in and fired up a spirited discussion. A quite typical discussion in most any forum, RCU or otherwise. Regarding RCU in general, I frequent several online forums though I only participate in three. I firmly believe that RCU has as much to offer or even more than most of these forums. RCU lacks the snob factor of some forums and answers here tend to be more to the point. On another forum, just about every engine question regarding a non-DA product is answered by "you should have bought a DA" and I will leave off where the threads degrade from there. At least here the questions get answered!

The only sad thing I can mention about RCU is that after the software upgrades last summer, many of the regular participants seem to have disappeared and I don't see them elsewhere. Maybe they are just lurking out there and uncomfortable with the new format.
Old 01-30-2014, 07:07 AM
Granpooba

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
Change indeed! I find it hard to bleed red, white, and blue, When the red, white, and blue, is bleeding me.
DITTO !!!!
Old 01-30-2014, 07:31 AM
K-Bob

There are many bargains to be had. I just saved over $200 on my new Iphone.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ifake-photo-u1.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	1963593  
Old 01-30-2014, 09:38 AM
GerKonig

Funny thing to read people that only buy American and are using a Chinese monitor, mouse, and keyboard, and a computer that is only assembled (partially) here.

And now the meat industry is spending a lot of $$$ paying lobbyist to buy politicians because they do not want to label the county of origin of the meat you are eating. Do you really think al the beef and poultry you eat is US produced? You will be surprised when that "little dark secret" comes out...

A lot of people live in a bubble, in a country that does not exist anymore except in their minds... I always say, reality is open, come in, we have cookies...

Gerry
Old 01-30-2014, 09:50 AM
kmeyers

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

PNP electrics LOL
+ 1

My DLE 20cc weighs 29ozs. My Zenoah 20cc weighs 41ozs. I don't use it as a paper weight, but, it is heavy for it's size and power.

You vote with your dollars. I own 1 Zenoah and 5 DLE's.
Old 01-30-2014, 01:18 PM
Granpooba

Originally Posted by GerKonig
Funny thing to read people that only buy American and are using a Chinese monitor, mouse, and keyboard, and a computer that is only assembled (partially) here.

And now the meat industry is spending a lot of $$$ paying lobbyist to buy politicians because they do not want to label the county of origin of the meat you are eating. Do you really think al the beef and poultry you eat is US produced? You will be surprised when that "little dark secret" comes out...

A lot of people live in a bubble, in a country that does not exist anymore except in their minds... I always say, reality is open, come in, we have cookies...

Gerry
Chocolate Chip ? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, best offer I've had today.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:57 PM
thepamster

Originally Posted by jefflangton
Ok, try a dle and see what you've been missing
I have a DLE55RA. Fine engine. So whats your point? No reason to bash Zenoahs which I have some running over 20 years. Various engines have their applications.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:46 PM
Truckracer

Originally Posted by thepamster
I have a DLE55RA. Fine engine. So whats your point? No reason to bash Zenoahs which I have some running over 20 years. Various engines have their applications.
I couldn't agree more! The DLE is great for many airplanes but I would never try to shoehorn it into the short cowl of my Zero. Plus that airplane needs the weight up front. Its all about what works for a particular application. I'm very thankful we have the wide selection of engines to choose from regardless of where they come from.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:13 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sure would like to hear more about were the beef & poultry we eat in the USA is produced. Maybe others would like to know also. Thanks
Old 01-30-2014, 05:19 PM
vertical grimmace

Originally Posted by Truckracer
I couldn't agree more! The DLE is great for many airplanes but I would never try to shoehorn it into the short cowl of my Zero. Plus that airplane needs the weight up front. Its all about what works for a particular application. I'm very thankful we have the wide selection of engines to choose from regardless of where they come from.
yes, those user friendly heavy mag engines are great. I have a bunch of them. One less battery to trouble me, and they always run.

When I was growing up, everyone bashed Japanese products, now we bash somebody elses products. I learned to fly with an OS max .40 FSR, because it worked better than the other offerings at the time, for a reasonable price. Same thing now, we just have more choices.

I have been running a DL 50 now since 2005, no problems. If I did, I would not use it and buy something else. Will it work in 20 years? I bet it will if I can keep it out of the dirt.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:50 PM
GerKonig

Originally Posted by captinjohn
Sure would like to hear more about were the beef & poultry we eat in the USA is produced. Maybe others would like to know also. Thanks
I am sure you do. We all do. Two days ago I read about this, and the meat packing industry is defending not identifying the source stating (their lawyers) that it would be too costly to properly identify the source at the packing plant. So, they are admitting that it is coming from other places. Yes I was wondering about this long time ago. Years back I did work on a investigation and I learned that we import a lot of beef from Canada. We import stuff from New Zeland and Australia (the lamb I buy here, in PA) If we buy all kind of stuff abroad, many times I wonder how much poultry we eat is coming from abroad (and from where). I know time back they purchased beef from Argentina (no problem there, that is good stuff), but the problem is that the inspections in some places abroad are not as good as ours, and some countries better not even think about conditions. And let's face it, we can only spot check that stuff...

Maybe it is time to go to Google and find out...

Gerry
Old 01-30-2014, 06:01 PM
GerKonig

Originally Posted by captinjohn

My fears are proven. We are eating Hobby King chicken. Here is the link. http://www.theatlantic.com/china/arc...-china/280123/

No surprise these b s t r d s do not want to print the source on the package. I would pay more for local poultry, and not buy the asian poultry. But remember, their food is everywhere. They are allowed to import processed meats also. I saw puddings (at a local grocery store) made in China, and that is OK, maybe in the pudding they hide some radioactive material they want to dump safely. That is OK, but the meat? I mean as of today, the Amish market is getting all my business...

Gerry
Old 01-30-2014, 07:09 PM
Truckracer

Originally Posted by GerKonig
My fears are proven. We are eating Hobby King chicken. Here is the link. http://www.theatlantic.com/china/arc...-china/280123/

No surprise these b s t r d s do not want to print the source on the package. I would pay more for local poultry, and not buy the asian poultry. But remember, their food is everywhere. They are allowed to import processed meats also. I saw puddings (at a local grocery store) made in China, and that is OK, maybe in the pudding they hide some radioactive material they want to dump safely. That is OK, but the meat? I mean as of today, the Amish market is getting all my business...

Gerry
I tend to agree! I don't mind buying a piece of steel or aluminum processed into something called an engine from China ...... but when it comes to food, I think I'll have to draw a line that's not to be crossed.

Several years ago, my pet food brand of choice started coming with a label that stated that some ingredients were from China. This was about the same time there were warnings all over the news about bad pet foods. I changed brands immediately.

This time as they have opened the doors further for Chinese foods, I have heard very little about the change in US policy. Seems the watch dogs think more of their pets than they did grandma or their kids!! Yup, things that make a person want to go Hmmmmmmmmmm!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.