Community
Search
Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

Some advice needed.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2018, 07:41 PM
kuobin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some advice needed.

I have been flow nitro plane for more than 9 years.I got an old Kangke F3D recently,tried last week,there some special character noticed.
First,during takeoff.As airplane lift off there was a significant left roll tendency.was it normal?(I did rolling take off just like normal airplane.)
Second,in order slow this thing down for landing I offset some up elevator.Do you did same thing?or any better idea?
Third,I did pull vertical to check thrust line,find little left deviation exist.Should I correct it?
It is really enjoyable to fly this racer. thank you .

Last edited by kuobin; 03-23-2018 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:15 AM
sahartman21

Correcting the thrust line should help the take off.

Also check the CG and make sure that you are not tail heavy.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:23 PM
Bozarth
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most pylon racers take-off holding ALOT of right rudder. Then slowly let it out...you cant release it all at once. I know some racers who adjuct the rudder throw so that max right rudder held during take-off keeps the plane straight. Not a normal sport plane take-off technique! So you are on the right track

Regarding elevator on landing, I do exactly what you are describing. I activate the “airbrake” feature for landing and have it add approximately 10-15% up elevator for landing. It acts like a new elevator trim posititiion. It takes a few flights to dial in the correct value. I also use it as an airspeed indicator...if the plane climbs after activating the airbrake feature, I am too fast. If I find myself holding up elevator after activating the airbrake feature, I am TOO SLOW. This is the best feature of modern transmitters.

Kurt
Old 03-29-2018, 04:45 AM
kuobin

I did correct thrust line by insert a washer under the engine,Now vertical line is straight.
And i also activate air-brake after touch down,but is is still pretty fast thought.Keep working on it.