Having completed all 4 spar layups I checked them with the notches on the ribs.
Turned out notches were a little loose. I was able to slide some maple veneer tape (un hot melted kind)
in the slot with the spar. This actually made a real nice snug fit (remember Goldy Locks," just right").
So I decided to laminate the side of my spars with a layer of Maple veneer tape.
Used yellow glue for this.
Side with maple and other side and end.
I used a laminate trim router with flush bit to trim veneer flush to spar.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1968984[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]1968985[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]1968986[/ATTACH]
The next task was to prepare the two center wing ribs.
Care is to be taken to make 1 right and 1 left.
A light ply sub rib (W1-A) is to be glued to wing rib (W-1)
Now the sub rib has a somewhat different shape than the rib.
The instructions were not explicit on what edges to line up.
So I took a guess and lined up the top airfoil line and the lower left front corner of sub rib.
You will notice front sub rib and front rib are different angle.
Hope I guessed right. If not it can be fixed.
Next step is to join the 2 spars (2 sets) that will meet at the wing joint. Glued little spacers with supper Glue thick and slow. I happen to be allergic to this stuff so I will only use it when it is most convenient.
The next task was to epoxy 3/16 ply doubler to the back of the 2 landing gear blocks. These are the 2 on the left.
Also two 5/32 ply webs (2 sets) are to be epoxied together. These are wing joiner hardware mounts, 2 on right.
The last of the preliminaries is to drill the holes for the wing joiner hardware. The holes in the edges get tapped
for 4/40 fasteners.
I am primarily a weekend builder. My day job drains me thru the week, so most updates will be weekly.
Next up, I can start assembling the wing.
oh joy !!!
Till next time