Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > LMH Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Collective future

Community
Search
Notices
LMH Helicopter Discussion of all LMH helicopters both electric and glow.

Collective future

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 12:56 AM
Joe K
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Collective future

Are there any plans to come out with a collective pitch upgrade?
Is it in the works, or will it never be?
Joe K
Old 10-12-2002, 04:39 AM
n0jvt

I talked with LMH tech support last week and i brought up the subject of a CP upgrade for the LMH corona and the tech told me that it basally wasn't needed but i thinkng that was his opinion

from the scuttlebutt in some other threads i've read lite machines is considering a CP upgrade for thier machines....

I would not hold out any hope of a 3rd party upgrade
it seens that the altons hold a lot of patents on various compnets
such as the subrotor and tail gyro andf they enforce thier patents
with legal action that would make microsoft cringe
Old 10-16-2002, 09:29 PM
Paul Arlton

Default Re: Collective future

Originally posted by Joe K
Joe K
Joe,

Collective pitch is not out of the question. It's just that we cater to beginners who already have a lot of parts to assemble, and many of our customers could not handle the extra complexity or cost.

At some point we will release a collective head, I'm just not sure when.

Paul
Old 10-16-2002, 10:48 PM
Paul Arlton

Default Re: Collective future

Originally posted by Joe K
Joe K
Joe,

Collective pitch is not out of the question, but most of our customers have their hands full with a simple helicopter, and we don't help them by adding additional complexity.

At some point we will offer a collective system, I just don't know when.

Paul
Old 10-22-2002, 12:24 PM
JoeR
My Feedback: (2)

Paul,

Many of us have purchased your product to learn to fly helicopters. It is a great first helicopter. Once nose in hover and forward flight are learned and practiced the next step in the learning process is CP and its advantages. It need not be full 3-D capable just the advantages of CP, maybe inverted hovering, etc. It would be great to be able to stay with the Corona for the next step.

Also, there are alot of us out here who have quite an investment in a Corona setup. Brushless motors, battery packs, etc. It would be nice to not have to liquidate all of this stuff to take the next step.

I have heard of a few people that will not buy a Corona because there is no upgrade (to CP) option.

Another way to see it- the more used Coronas on the market means less new Coronas sold.

How about a CP upgrade in time to introduce it at Toledo next year? I will be about ready for a CP heli by then...

Thanks, Joe
Old 11-14-2002, 05:46 AM
motorhead-RCU

I just noticed this forum. I just finished a web page about my conversion. I am still setting it up but I like how it flies and looking foreward to wringing it out.
www.midwestslope.com/corona
Mike
Old 12-26-2002, 02:59 PM
ssjohn

Default Corona Collective Pitch upgrade

Paul:

I too would like to see a collective pitch upgrade for the Corona. I just recently purchased my corona, after comparing a number of electric helis...the deciding factors were cost and durability. However, the lack of collective almost made me decide otherwise.
Old 12-26-2002, 05:59 PM
darthdrk

Ive been opposed to the CP feature on the LMH. I think it would be a good idea to offer it as an "hop up". as long as it doesnt become standard on the kit. reason being. Its a beginner heli. It wasnt designed with the hot shot 3d heli pilot in mind. The idea is to get the beginner familiar with helis. Also its price to be affordable, and most of all crash resistant (ie it dosent break the bank when you wreck). The more you add to this Heli the more its going to cost both to fly and when you wreck. If you think about it I have pieced together a 30 size heli outfit cheaper than the LMH. The century sport for 159.00 engine about 120.00 , gyro about 80.00, Decent radio under 200.00 --- 549.00 Well??? get the point. This is what LMH will have to compete with. Technically for the money, you will get more, bigger bird, aerobatics capabilities, collective pitch and more body styles to choose from.
For the LMH, im all for them comming out with different bodystyles. Extras on the LMH would be ok I think as long as it dosent become a standard in the kit and boost its cost up to where when you look at whats on the market it makes the LMH less desirable.
Old 12-27-2002, 02:00 AM
motorhead-RCU

I do agree with the Collective only being offered as a hop up but I disagree with it being more breakable. Mostly due to dumb thumbs I have had several crashes with my CCPM Corona and only once did anything to the head. Only the normal stuff breaks like the crutch or bends in the boom. The one time the head got messed up all I had to do is straighten some push rods and replace an e-clip. There is some video of my heli flying on my site but I later found out that the elevator servo was bad and was causing the heli to be unstable. I have more video but my friend needs to send it to me so I can post it. The collective heli is as easy to fly as fixed pitch but more complicated to set up.
Mike
Old 12-27-2002, 07:00 AM
Joe K

Default Durable

I think the reason the LMH can take crashes so well is the fact there is a smaller motor to power it.
There is a big difference between a boom strike with a size 30 and a .06 motor.
Yes fix pitch is easier to set up. But it is not easier for a beginner to fly. Don't take my word for it, post your question in the beginners forum (fix pitch vs collective pitch) and see what the response is.
Old 01-02-2003, 04:14 AM
satnaam
My Feedback: (5)

Default Dear Paul Arlton

I sold my LHM after three flights. There is nothing wrong with your heli, but YOU MUST come to terms with CP. If you want to capture market , YOU MUST BRING OUT CP UPGRADE. I will not buy your heli, unless you come to term with CP option. I am a customer and I can tell you the market is demanding CP option from you. So please do us a favor and bring out the CP option. Comon LHM people, let us tell PAUL, that give us the option for CP in the LHM heli.

satnaam

PS I am sorry if I affend anyone with this message
Old 01-02-2003, 06:46 PM
darthdrk

Just think, if a beginner does learn to fly with a fixed pitch Heli like the LMH how much easier will they fly the CP helis when they move up? Hey i can tell you from experience after a couple crashes with a 30 size heli as a beginner I would have threw in the towel. I had no problems learning to fly with the LMH. These things are awesome. Ive had some really nasty crashes that would leave a 30 size plus heli in the trash can, and a guys bank account not just empty but overdrawn and put a marriage on the rocks if it aint already(cost of helicopters). Usually I picked it up, connect a link that disconnected, start it back up and you guessed it--Airborne!! Show me a 30 or 60 size Heli that will do that for a beginner . The LMH Is just that an intro beginner heli. The one draw back I can see with the LMH, the price of these are comparable to the basic 30 size packages such as the century Hawk sport. But I doubt if the Sport can take a beating like the LMH. If I was in a position where I was going to buy my first Heli and I know what I know now about the prices of these two, Hmmmm I would be in a quandry(????) For about the same price I would be getting a bigger aircraft with more ability but sacrificing crashability or getting a smaller aircraft that has ability to survive crashes. It is really a given that most, I would say 98% beginners are going to crash at sometime in the learning process, especially during nose in hovering and fwd flight. Well this is my two cents worth.
Old 01-02-2003, 06:54 PM
flyinrog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I called LMH today to ask if my Norvel .074 airplane engine would work on the 117(the one I am interested in getting) and he (Paul Arlton) explained about the differences in the Norvel engines that mine would not work so I asked him about the Collective Pitch thing and he said almost exactly what he wrote in his response.. they are more interested making a tough beginner 4 channel heli...the folks that get them , get them for simplicity ... he was very helpful too,,, I think I'll order the gas 117 model soon...Rog
Old 01-02-2003, 06:59 PM
RobertWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

I KNOW for me, I like the little 110 that i got used, I dont know how many times I have had it upside down, under the car, in the bushes, and other things around the yard.

I DO KNOW that a friend of mine bought a .30 size heli to learn on and first crash he was done for the day, and for a few weeks waiting for the parts to rebuild, and when I seen the price he paid for the parts, I thought I was having a heart attack.

I'll keep with the little LMH's and the fixed head, and I'm planning on buying me a new 117 kit to put my radio in....I just hope they STILL have the fix head at the time...
Old 01-03-2003, 02:47 AM
Joe K

Default LMH

I have a 110 and yes I love it.
I only wish I had the Corona instead.
THE V-MAX 6 when it likes the temp and humidity it runs Great.
But as soon as the weather changes it can be a real (%$#@&!)
Adding washers taking them out...
The best would be to have a Corona & a Hawk Sport.
What is wrong with selling us upgrades?
They only stand to make money.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:09 PM
raderrustler

I have to agree with paul on this being a beginner heli and keeping it that way. I loved the fact That I could pick up a used 117, download the manuals,reset bad settings and get it off the ground as a beginner, this was awesome. I do not know how collective pitch would have changed things but the four channels are enough for me right now. Just my .02
Randy
Old 01-07-2003, 10:49 PM
flyinrog

yeah isnt CP gonna require another channel? I would like to be able to advance to CP some day when I learn what the heck it is, I have an idea but not sure....but wouldnt look forward to having to get a 5 or 6 channel radio to fly it...or worse yet a computer radio.....too dumb to read manuals.. I just want to fly,, 4 channels can sneak up on ya awful fast when your 2 feet off the ground.......Rog
Old 01-07-2003, 11:39 PM
motorhead-RCU

Most experienced flyers will agree that the simplicity of the LMH is great for beginners, however there are those of us who have been flying out LMH's for 4+ years and can fly the pants off of them. We want to upgrade the performance with out loosing the durability. I like my CP mod very much. I believe that the CP only needs to be offered as an add on as those who are ready for it already have the heli.
Mike
Old 01-08-2003, 03:08 AM
imeins

As a heli newbie and soon to be, proud LMH120 owner, I think an upgrade path to CP would be great but I'm glad about the current configuration / pricing as it is. My choices are limited by price, location (200km to next decent LHS) and choices here in Oz.

What I would like is for someone at Lite Machines or someone with 120 experience to create a decent sim model for the Corona in Real Flight G2. The Watt Not appears too lite and twitchy in wind compared to the videos of the Corona I've seen.

Ingmar
Old 01-11-2003, 03:40 AM
warlock1174
My Feedback: (23)

Golly, folks... You act like you never made a mod before. You can modify an LMH to collective pitch for less than what they would probably charge for it....
The plans, designs, specs and details are all freely available out there on the net.

A collective pitch "upgrade" takes about two hours, and about $30.00
Old 01-11-2003, 08:52 PM
flyinrog

Originally posted by warlock1174
Golly, folks... You act like you never made a mod before. You can modify an LMH to collective pitch for less than what they would probably charge for it....
The plans, designs, specs and details are all freely available out there on the net.

A collective pitch "upgrade" takes about two hours, and about $30.00
So warlock, whereabouts "out there on the net" are these plans? do you need another channel? and is there enough power to fly inverted,(061) but I have the stuff to upgrade to .074..Rog
Old 01-11-2003, 09:34 PM
SkyHawke

Default Start with this

You can start with this thread over on ezone.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...llective+pitch

-=SkyHawke=-
Old 01-12-2003, 12:59 AM
motorhead-RCU

That thread is mine. There are details on www.midwestslope.com under Corona Heli. I am running CCPM so you will need another channel and a computor radio capable of the mixing. The heli is alot of fun as fixed pitch but I like to tinker. Now I have the advantage of better altitude control. I remember flying in 10 mph wind and wondering how I was going to land it other than crashing on purpose. With the stock blades I would not expect it to handle like a Raptor but it should help with mild aerobatics. I actual did not fly the heli for a while so I am working back up to being able to do a loop.
Mike
Old 03-08-2003, 08:02 AM
Impreza

I bought one of the first LMH100s with a Cox 049 on it and I now have a 110 and a Corona. I don't even fly my larger helis anymore because the LMH is just more fun and less trouble. But after 7 years it would be really nice to have a scale fuselage selection and a CP option from LMH.
Old 03-08-2003, 01:27 PM
lenrev

While Motorhead's CP upgrade may well be the first major mod I attempt with the Corona, I suspect a new machine will be tempting. I'm already looking at the JR since all my hardware is compatible with it. Maybe it's because I come from fixed-wing flying but each step up the ladder has always meant a new bird for me.

As an aside I've noted something when flying the electric FP heli in Real Flight. I can't hold the thing in a hover. Strangely, I can hold the Impala .30 trainer in a hover and seem to generally fly it better. Is this common.

I currrently have expo in my 8103 per suggestions seen here. I'm wondering if maybe I should take it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.