Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Plok Tracker II and Futaba Value

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Plok Tracker II and Futaba Value

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 01:53 PM
agourabob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plok Tracker II and Futaba Value

I am helping out a friend who wanted to sell some R/C radios that he once bought. The first is

Polk Tracker IIThis seems to be complete in the original box and appears unused. I can send photo's to anyone who might have an interest. If this was installed, it does not look like it was ever used. All the receiver and servos are like new.

Futaba Skysport 72.810,mz Channel 51 usable. Only the control head, battery and charger, no other components are in the box.

These seem quite old, do they have any value? Are they still used?

Many thanks in advance for your opinions.

Bob
Old 11-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Plok Tracker II and Futaba Value

I do not know about the Futaba, however I still use my Tracker II.

The Tracker II is an excellent 72mhz radio that can be used (set for) ANY CHANNEL used on 72 mhz. The Seeker receiver will also work with the Tracker or with most 72 mhz radios on any channel on 72MHZ.

I do not know the value of the Tracker though.

Hope this is of some help.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:38 PM
agourabob

Thanks Campy, I have looked around some and I may post this one on Ebay and see what happens. Thanks for your time.

Bob
Old 11-22-2012, 03:53 PM
TFF

Very usable but not really any value. you may get $100 for the Polk and $30 at most for the futaba. There are new style radios that are displacing these old ones even though they are still legal.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:07 PM
agourabob

Thanks for the information

Bob
Old 12-25-2012, 05:54 PM
gauls22

I have and use both tracker III's. Sent one back once for repairs. Bought one at the NEAT's meet for under $40.00.
More people are going to 2.4 so it opens more time in the air for those still on 72
Old 01-03-2013, 07:06 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tracker III also, nice radio wish I could convert to 2.4 otherwise no one wants to give you anything for them. Tried to sell them several times. Good luck.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:36 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I can't imagine anyone paying $100 for a 72mhz radio unless it's 10 channels and pristine. Yes, they are still legal just as the HAM channels and the AM radios are, but they are, for practical purposes, obsolete. There is a niche of the hobby who doesn't trust the 2.4ghz equipment so there would be a small market there, and there are the few newbies who want the cheapest thing they can get also. The Futaba would come in handy as a buddy box, so you might actually come out ahead donating it to a boy scout troop or school with an RC program to get a tax deduction.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:41 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: jester_s1

I can't imagine anyone paying $100 for a 72mhz radio unless it's 10 channels and pristine. Yes, they are still legal just as the HAM channels and the AM radios are, but they are, for practical purposes, obsolete. There is a niche of the hobby who doesn't trust the 2.4ghz equipment so there would be a small market there, and there are the few newbies who want the cheapest thing they can get also. The Futaba would come in handy as a buddy box, so you might actually come out ahead donating it to a boy scout troop or school with an RC program to get a tax deduction.
Going price for a good Futaba 9-C in my area is still about $100.00. Great radio and for $20.00 I converted mine over to 2.4 using a Hitec 2.4 module. This allows me to still fly my planes that are still on 72. There are several of us still using them. You have the choice of what system you want to change over to, JR Futaba or Hitec. I got my module on a special deal from Hitec some time ago. Any of the good older radios with the removable module can be changed over. The old 72s without the module aren't worth anything at all in my area. I have a couple of them I do use as a buddy box.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:47 AM
jester_s1

That was my point. If it's dedicated 72mhz it would have to be a pretty amazing radio to bring $100 in today's market.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: jester_s1

That was my point. If it's dedicated 72mhz it would have to be a pretty amazing radio to bring $100 in today's market.
Sorry I missed it, you are correct, before our really good hobby shop sold they had a shelf with nothing but old radios in 72 that they couldn't give away. You never found any of the radios that could be converted on that shelf though. The Futaba 9-C and the JR 10 are still sought after but the going price is still only about $100.00. My radio had the chrome finish start to lift as soon as I bought it. It still works like new but I don't think I could get $50.00 out of it because it doesn't look pristine. I may be able to pick up another one from a friend this year for free, he has moved over to JRs in 2.4 but still has an almost new 9-C on hand. They work great as 2.4 and are so easy to program. His even looks brand new. Mine is really showing it's age.
I have never seen a tracker at all for sale. They never caught on in my area so I have no idea of the going price for a used one.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:05 PM
TFF

Even the first gen 2.4s are getting cheap used as everyone is dropping higher end radios to be the first on the block for the telemetry ones. I just got a 9Z because it was cheap. I will get a 2.4 down the road but if you can make due there are good deals; I picked up 3 new syn pcm receivers for $75; last year when they were still on the Tower shelves would have been $600. If I flew jets or 50%ers it would be different.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:48 PM
jester_s1

You're right. It's amazing how something new being released with a new doodad on it all of a sudden means the current model doesn't work anymore. 4-5 year old radios in very usable condition can be had for 1/2 of a comparable new one just because of a slight change and a new model number.