Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Replacing Crystals

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Replacing Crystals

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 04:48 AM
bbbair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Crystals

I have the opportunity to get an extra receiver, it is on the wrong channel but I don’t see that as a major problem – Just replace the Crystal with the one that I need.

However; I am on channel 58 and the receiver is on channel 32, a local expert has told me that the Airtronics receivers can only have the Crystals replaced in certain bandwidths, ie low end or high end.. If you attempt to put a High end Crystal in a Low end receiver it will not work and vice versa…

Can anyone comment???
Old 06-25-2004, 05:46 AM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

Default RE: Replacing Crystals

THe only company I know that has the low/high designation on recievers is Futaba. Putting a hi channel crystal in a low channel receiver (and visa versa) will only reduce your range. The receiver will still work.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:27 AM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As Geistware stated, ONLY Futaba specifies high/low range (11-35, 36-60). If you move more than 3 or 4 channels it is a good idea to send the receiver in and have it recalibrated. The receiver will work as is with the new crystal, BUT, your range MAY be reduced. I suggest putting the new crystal in and do a range check. Then go from there.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:26 PM
bbbair

OK Guys;

That is what I was hoping for, I pretty well thought that the Airtronics systems was flexible enough to handle the change but it's always nice to have it confirmed.

Thanks

Bruce