Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

solartex not sticking

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

solartex not sticking

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 07:16 PM
willie45
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default solartex not sticking

I am using solartex to cover a wing on a citabria pro. I am putting on the starburst stripes and I have one section that wont adhere. I don't have enough to cut a new piece. What can I use to bond solartex to solartex.? Thanks, Willie
Old 03-19-2006, 07:41 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: solartex not sticking

Did you take the backing off the piece you are working with ????

I haven't worked with Solartex in years but this might be worth a try and it shouldn't hurt if it doesn't work. Use the windex method !!
Spray windex on the area then put the trim down and squeegie most of the moisture out from under the trim then just let it dry a couple days. If it holds ok go back over the edges with clear finger nail polish. GOOD LUCK. ENJOY !!! RED
Old 03-19-2006, 10:33 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: solartex not sticking

ORIGINAL: willie45

What can I use to bond solartex to solartex.? Thanks, Willie
Try cleaning the finished surface with denatured alcohol and see if that fixes it. If not, get some Sig Stix-It and paint it on the backside (adhesive side) of the trim pice, let it dry, then iron it on. Should stay put.