Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

OS Vspec question.....here we go again

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

OS Vspec question.....here we go again

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 12:02 PM
QuickCRT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS Vspec question.....here we go again

I bought a vspec when they first came out put a new ceramic bearing and new sealed front bearing in it at every 5 gallons and the
thing was a rocket for about 12 gallons. I then bought my Jammin CR FTE and 2 new ebmods vspecs.
I now have 2 ebmods vspec's and love them. both have about 4-6 gallons on them and running strong. the 2050 os pipe is a great
match to the vspecs power curve.
If all these problems are happening and people are getting rid of them then WHY are there so many of them in buggys and truggys
at all the club races i go to???!!!??
they pull off the bottom like a crazy horse all the way to the high rpm and have awesome fuel mileage.
SO WHAT they have bearing issues. now you know about it SO do the maintenance and have fun with a very powerful mill.

just my 2 cents sorry im tired of people bashing a awsome mill

tony
Old 02-17-2007, 04:48 PM
CHEVY 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS Vspec question.....here we go again

Same problem here..2 gallons of fuel and my V-spec is a $300.00 paper weight.I took great care in the break in of this motor.It was just starting to come alive and ran very nice.Then in just one afternoon of racing it went to hell.I have MAJOR play in the conrod.My buddy has 2 of them and has never gave him a problem so far.What a shame,they realy run nice.Just bought a nova P5 RB mods engine,hope this does better.