Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

8ight RACE ROLLER

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 07:12 PM
crotolus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8ight RACE ROLLER

when will this be available?
Old 07-26-2007, 07:41 PM
ringneck

Default RE: 8ight RACE ROLLER

october
Old 07-26-2007, 08:14 PM
SeanF

Any idea how much it will cost?
Old 07-26-2007, 08:32 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

Horizon says $629 but by the time it hits retailers figure it'll be the about the same as the kit was.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSA0801
Old 07-26-2007, 08:59 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why you want to wait for that? You get to build the kit now.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:23 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

Any kit out there at the moment is not as updated as the roller, I think (hope!!!!) that they will still be offering it as a kit, this may be the little trial session to see how it works out and see how many people jump on the roller and how many go for the kit. My guess is that all the prior 8ight owners, having experience with the T roller and how good it was, will jump all over it for the ease of throwing gear in and going.

Me personally, I would buy the kit version once it comes off of backorder as it will be as updated as that roller. They've been making little changes here and there and they are starting to add up so they may as well get it all together and do it right rather than bits and pieces as they have been doing.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:54 PM
texaschilidog

Come on America,how much more lazy can we get!!
Old 07-27-2007, 09:49 PM
ringneck

well we could train monkeys to build them so we wouldnt have to work but then we would probely have stupid animal right activists num nuts all over us. face it as good as the 8t roller is and soon to be rc8 its just how it will be in the future heck i like the pre built stuff i really could care less if i build another kit to me its boring but thats just me
Old 07-27-2007, 10:28 PM
annie_himself

I never knew it was updated, I don't really like the roller idea but hey...the 8ight-T is still popular.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:50 AM
Raycer X

Rollers are a marketing ploy from Horizon. They're squeezing profit out of the 8ight as much as they can till the nitro season ends. The best way to do that is pre-build the rest of the 8ights in production so that people who want to jump in the middle of the season can do so and still catch up on the remainder of the racing season. What does that mean? More people wil jump to the Losi wagon and will be buying spares and parts which is the crux of this hobby. They'll continue to build rollers till all the extra 8ight parts produced are depleted, which won't be for a long while.

Another reason for this is to recoup all the expenses made from the designing, production and marketing of the 8ight by Losi/Horizon. Once they meet their profit goals of a certain percentage for the three categories, the rest will go to Horizon/Losi ...all for themselves. Hopefully they do the assembly right and not half-assed as some rtr kits are done.
Old 07-28-2007, 01:54 PM
crotolus

damn dude thats some deep thoughts from the throne!!! do you go under the name racer x at the races?I think i have heard of you at some of the big races.it seems like you have some inside knowledge of the industry.Do you think that losi will turn in to a so called toy company now.they do make a lot of rtrs now and gil left.What do you think?
Old 07-28-2007, 04:19 PM
MT

My 8ight-T was built really well, I have not had any problems due to it's build. I did check it over, since my RTR buggy wasn't put together real well. I don't see being preassembled that big of an issue, if it is, you could just disassemble and rebuild, or don't buy it. I would not be suprised if preassembled car cost less, since the kit has all the work that goes in to the documenting the directions, packaging parts, and dealing with pissed off people that claim a part was missing or broke half way through assembly.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:24 PM
annie_himself

ORIGINAL: crotolus

damn dude thats some deep thoughts from the throne!!! do you go under the name racer x at the races?I think i have heard of you at some of the big races.it seems like you have some inside knowledge of the industry.Do you think that losi will turn in to a so called toy company now.they do make a lot of rtrs now and gil left.What do you think?
Thats nothing compared to what others have said. But I think horizon will focus more on nitro off-road now and more into RTR's.
Old 07-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Raycer X

Hey thanks Crotolus! It was just from my observation. Hopefully they don't bring the Losi name down the drain with their choices. Gil Losi already left because of a few. RTR kits are vital to this industry and they're milking it for all it's worth.

I've been to a few big races in my years and I have my ears inside the industry to know enough of where this industry is going...so far so good. I expect more growth in the off-road segment in a couple of years. Especially since the Worlds Off-Road will take place in N.C. next year. It might be big enough to get a major TV coverage. But it's all up to the big dogs in the industry to take it to the next level. I hope they don't drop the ball