Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > RC Boats General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Boat steering problem

Community
Search
Notices
RC Boats General Discussion Discuss general rc boating topics here.

Boat steering problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 03:09 PM
Minihcooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat steering problem

Hi guys

i have a British built Deliverance bait boat for carp fishing, I have a optic 6 sport 2.4 handset. My problem is as you look at the boat as your driving away from you, if I turn the handset to starboard it goes to port ?? Could I of accidentally done this as I'm sure when I got the boat it went the correct way, I have only had the boat on the water twice since new ??
Old 04-26-2017, 03:12 PM
Got RPM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I am not familiar with that radio, but with many you can reverse the servo input to correct your problem. Check your user's manual for instructions on how to do this.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:15 PM
crapshooter

yes as mentioned, reverse servo direction by the transmitter or if applicable you can just remove the arm from steering servo and rotate it 180 degrees . is the radio Hitec Optic brand ? also do you have any other models set on this transmitter ? if so you could have the wrong model .

Last edited by crapshooter; 04-26-2017 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:12 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

On transmitters with servo reversing switches, it is sometimes easy to accidentally operate one of them. On fully software controlled ones, less so, but on radios that have multiple model memories, it could have slipped from the bait boat to a default condition. An Optic 6 has a bucketful of options, all of which need to be set correctly for the model used.
I try to avoid machines that are cleverer than me, there is great reliability in simplicity.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:27 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,
The Hitec Optic 6 is typically an aircraft radio but can be used for a boat. I assume the rudder is on the right stick(gimbal)...moving left and right and the throttle is on the left stick (gimbal)...moving forward and backward?

The only way the servo could be reversed is if it was set up that way by the previous owner, or someone went into the programming and accidentally reversed it, or someone changed the servo with a different brand (certain brands of servos move one way while others move the opposite way with the same stick movement), or they installed/mounted the servo backwards ....if that is possible in this boat.

You will have to go into the programming menu of the radio, scroll to servo reversing labeled "S. REV" and reverse channel "1"......provided the rudder is operated by the right stick moving left to right. If it is not on that stick(channel) then you will have to determine what stick (channel) it is on and then reverse that channel.
The programming starts on page 13 and reversing is on page 18 of the pdf manual:
http://hitecrcd.com/images/products/...c6Sport2.4.pdf

l
l
l
l
l

Last edited by flyinwalenda; 04-27-2017 at 04:33 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:14 PM
crapshooter

aileron [ not rudder ] might be on the right stick.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:55 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NO ! The rudder of the boat !
The boats rudder servo may be plugged into port #1 (aileron port) of the receiver putting it (the rudder)on the right stick.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:12 AM
mfr02

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

If the boat worked correctly before, but now doesn't, and no parts have been changed, the most likely culprit is the transmitter and its ability to remember 8 models. Check that it is remembering the right one.