Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

The Official "Forget" Integy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 10:09 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Official "F" Integy Thread

HPI has first class customer service!

OK my one of my Integy story and this is only one. I bought a motor pod for one of my Kyosho Min-Z years ago and when installed the thing drug the ground. I called them and they said they ware working on the problem and would not give me a refund even thaw they new there was a problem.

There piggyback shocks for the Savage are only good for a shelf Queen as if you do a 2-foot jump the shock shafts are so weak they bend. The all so are aware of this and offer no warrantee on them. You would think they would at least put a note on their sight saying for show only.

I have all so had many issues with GPM parts as well and will never use their products as well.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:20 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: The Official "Forget" Integy Thread

I myself have used integy products. My most recent stint is with a flywheel and alum shoes fro Savages. I paid abit $12, I though I was getting a deal. To my absolute dismay when I git them in the mail, they had the "Integy" tags on them[]

Knowing the reputation of Integy's poor materials and workmanship, I was absolutely upset. Additionally, knowing that Integy forces you to never be able to return the product because of their blatant and deliberate acts of ignoring emails and calls, I said to my self "screw it" and put them on my STS D30M and bashed the h3ll out of them.

Last month, I took the CB off so I could lube the CB bearings, clean , and inspect the insides of the CB, and my suspecians were correct. The grade of aluminum for the clutch shoes are inferior; they are WAY too soft. Shards and alum powder from the Integy shoes were all over the insides of my CB. Since the shoes were worn down, they were also lighter, meaning they require much more RPM to open since they no longer had their original mass to swing out from the forces caused by the rotation of the flywheel.
This was a sign not only the alum was poor quality material, but that they also slipped, ALOT, in the CB! And this is even after I lightly scuffed the shoe contact surfaces for better bite into the CB!

The integy shoes lasted about 5, maybe 6 gallons? I had my stock HPI plastic shoes last up to 10! Granted, I did not bash as hard on the stock plastic shoes, but for plastic, they should have lasted at most 5 gallons themselves.

Aside from the horror stories I have heard about Integy products, I can definitely say that I have had a disappointing expereience with them as well. I will not even dare to contact Integy, for $12, I should expect crap. A good set of Mugen shoes would have cost me $25, and that is what I should have purchased instead.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:57 PM
REVO-Beat-U

It has now been 11 days and still no answers from Integy. Let this be a lesson everyone, DO NOT purchase anything with the Integy name brand on it EVER!
Old 08-20-2007, 09:17 PM
REVO-Beat-U

Just an update here. After 18 days I have my answer from the Integy Tech department. They dont want to have to sell me a gear if they dont have to. They claim their gears dont strip out. So his reply was, either purchase a new servo from them at a discounted price, or JB Weld the gears to try to build up the teeth so they dont slip anymore (I have never heard of such a thing). So lets just say they dont want to give me a gear that cost them a few cents to purchase, instead they want me to spend more money. I will end up doing just that, spending more money, but it will be on a Futaba or Hitec servo. Have I mentioned NEVER PURCHASE ANY INTEGY PRODUCT? I cant say that enough.......
Old 08-29-2007, 11:48 AM
REVO-Beat-U

After numerous attempts to get Integy to work with me on fixing their servo, they have done NOTHING. They still do not want to sell me a set of gears for the servo, so this has prompted me to do two things. First, I went out and purchased a new JR and Futaba servo, figured I would try them both out. I have heard good about both of them so figured might as well see what they both are like. And the second thing it has done is inspired me. I am going to run a body on my truck at the ROAR Nationals this year dedicated to Integy. I will call it "Integy Products Suck". The whole theme is going to be just those words, that is unless the guys who run the race dont let me. In that case maybe a banner can be made to hang in the pits saying the same thing.

Anyone just reading this for the first time, just a word of caution to you, INTEGY PRODUCTS SUCK!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:07 PM
SpikeX

Yeah, a dedicated body is a perfect way of "avertising" Integy. Same with the bannner...

I'm surpised that they haven't gone out of business by now...
Old 08-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Beasley1

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31193.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	752548  
Old 08-29-2007, 12:31 PM
ProRCRacer88

wow, i was thinking of ordering some jato piggyback shocks for the menace but the hell with that...
Old 08-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Gado

Are the Lathe motors any good?
I am in need of some
Old 08-29-2007, 01:01 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm always wary of these third party companies, but as an Xray owner, I know if there is something which could benefit the car, Xray will be making it and selling it, so I rarely have to deal with third parties. Funny how they don't have the wearwithall to design and produce a competitive product of their own, but somehow they feel they can make improvements to others. My advice to all...buy a respected product from a respected manufacturer and only use their hop-ups/options.

In many cases, these comanies are two or three guys who bought a machine shop and don't have the first clue about real engineering (I don't necessarily mean Integy particularly when I say that, but some of the ebay garbage definitely falls under this category).
Old 08-29-2007, 04:37 PM
rcluke

thanks for the warning, i dont own any integy products, but that is beyond a joke
Old 08-29-2007, 04:58 PM
yellowfuzzle

I have some Integy battery tape, but I haven't had any problems with it. I won't buy anything else from them after reading this thread though. Good Luck.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:43 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: ProRCRacer88

wow, i was thinking of ordering some jato piggyback shocks for the menace but the hell with that...
Good decision. There are several pics of integey shocks in this very site with bent rods. I san an integy shock body with a slit down it on another site. Though I have never actually owned the shocks myself, I do not need any more proof than those dozens of pics of ruined integy shocks from several different people. This was not just one guy bashing the h3ll out of his truck or buggy.

I already know that Integy uses inferior materials in the products, my personal experience with their flywheel and clutch shoes proved to me that their aluminum is substandard for off-roading.

As for their hex wrenches, they did at one time make quality tools, but infortunately, thier customer support does nothing to promote these tools that were actually good pieces and priased by the few who had them.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:08 PM
Nik.

I have some integy hex drivers. Never had a problem with them. I like them very much.

you just gotta be careful of what you buy i guess.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:34 PM
cjg

I have integy hex wrenches which are fine. I also have an integy eagle mod lathe which is acceptable given what I paid for it. However, the directions that came with it are impossible, translated from chinese into nonsensical English.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:48 PM
redfox03

i own two things from integy. a set of their hex wrenches which are actually pretty nice, and a set of their aluminum wheels for my rc18, which to my surprise have held up all this time. but then again, my rc18 really just sees the track at my job. i've heard quite a few negative things about integy on here and other forums, so i stay away from most of their products, except their rc18 aluminum rims and hex wrenches. i also have to add that i do not like GPM products. i have a set of their shocks for my rc18 and they blow. they leak most of the time, and one of the rear shocks just keeps busting apart no matter how many times i fix it, the shock shaft ALWAYS finds a way to come out. luckily i got these on store credit, so they were basically free. either way, i'm getting a different set of shocks.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:35 AM
MT

It seems to me, that mostly Traxxas owners are falling victim to their crap. My buddy just got back in to R/C and of course has a loaded down T-Maxx, that is heavy and breaks often. Some of the parts didn't fit new, in one case he had to drill out a hole in an a-arm to keep it from binding! [:'(]
I agree with Foxy, buy a name brand product, and while not all is bad, be very skeptical of aftermarket items.
I also agree with the original poster, customer service does matter, even if a mfg sells a good product but does not support it, it is not worth buying.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:13 PM
REVO-Beat-U

The emails from Integy are just as hard to read as your translated instruction manual. I would tend to believe that everyone at Integy is Chinese or from someplace in the orient. My emails I received from them was broken english.....broken english just like their broken products. It wouldnt shock me at all if they purchase all their products from China even, and we have seen lately what kind of crap China has been producing with all the factory recalls for their products lately.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:38 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: REVO-Beat-U

The emails from Integy are just as hard to read as your translated instruction manual. I would tend to believe that everyone at Integy is Chinese or from someplace in the orient. My emails I received from them was broken english.....broken english just like their broken products. It wouldnt shock me at all if they purchase all their products from China even, and we have seen lately what kind of crap China has been producing with all the factory recalls for their products lately.
Absolutely! Chinese products use inferior metals, materials, and production techniques, all to cut corners and save money in production costs. They then ship thier crappy products to the west to be sold at full price of the better quality product they are replacing!

I would not be surprised if Integy outsourced their parts manufacturing to a Chinese subcontractor who in turn cust so many corners that their end products are full of flaws. Worse yet, toxins!

If Integy did indeed have great tools, why cannot they also make great parts? They sould reconsider their practices. If they made quality Savage clutch shoes and sold them for about $20 to $25, I would definitely be a happy Savage basher. Making clutch shoes to he quality of Mugen's or better is not hard at all.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:03 PM
SFC K

Well I just read through this entire thread and I'm not to happy either. While I was in Iraq I bought the MSR5 piggy back shocks for my MGT not knowing at that time that they were junk. Well I tried them out last week even though I was warned about Integy products. I ran two tanks of fuel through the truck and on flat grassy play ground field and they had all started to leak except 3 of the 8 shocks. What a waste and they made such a mess. I wish I would have seen this type of thread about eight months ago....
Old 09-01-2007, 12:22 PM
REVO-Beat-U

I think I am going to send a link to this forum to the email accounts at Integy that I have been speaking with just to see if they have anything to say about it.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:56 PM
jatoracing33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good thing i saw this...i was gonna get some piggy backs too...not any more
Old 09-01-2007, 11:00 PM
REVO-Beat-U

ORIGINAL: jatoracing33

That is exactly why I started this post, anyone who is thinking of buying Integy needs to think twice and go get something worth while with your money. Do not support a company that WILL NOT support you after you purchase their products.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:15 AM
integy1

Kieth, my replied was a bit late ... but on 8/15/07, I did replied to your inquiry and then quoted you the cost of replacement gears. The shop has been extremely busy lately and I'm trying to get all the e-mails and tech support questions answered. You told me that the servo ran for 70 hours, so I have to do a little reserach to see which parts inside the servo need to be replaced. You told me a lot of different information, at one point I had to asked you to check the gears to see what happened exactly. I then offered you the replacement gears for $15.41 including shipping and the next thing I know is you said you won't pay thru. Paypal and showed me this thread.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not for $15 and I already told you that I do not use PayPal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 9/3/07, [email protected] < [email protected]> wrote:
Do you want the replacement gears?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Request Money Details

Recipient:
Recipient Status: This recipient is not yet registered. PayPal will send an email to the recipient explaining how to complete your transaction.
Amount: $15.41 USD
Email Subject: replacement gear set for C22435MG
Note: $15.41 includes gears and priority mail shipping.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your inquiry. Metal gears in the RG servo line don't usually break under normal circumstances unless the servo saver was set too stiff or the flips/crashes were very hard. Please check to see if you can set the servo saver softer. I'm not 100% sure but maybe it's the plastic gear that strip or there could be other issues with the servo ... this is the first time we get request for replacement gear, I need to submit a request to production dept. and the process can take 3-4 weeks for normal delivery. However, if you take apart the servo and let me know the exact gear you need and I might be able to locate one from the RMA bin. I do need a clear picture and # of teeth count.

70 hours runtime in off-road condition isn't bad actually, I have seen units from other brands lasting much shorter time. (<1hr. is not uncommon) So, I recommend getting a new replacement servo but I understand that this is not what you intended to do. This is what we can offer you. Register in our web site using the following link:

http://www.integy.com

Let us know your USER_ID and we will offer you a good discount.

Best Regards,
Bill @ Integy Tech Support

Ok listen, your customer service SUCKS! I have had my ticket up on your web site for 6 damn days now and you claim 24 hour response? Can someone please answer my question for god sake? Its been a week with no answers and this is bull ****.

Hi,

Attached are three pictures of the servo and gears along with the number of teeth on each gear. It does not seem to be a plastic gear that is slipping, its the spot that the large gear meets the smaller gear in the pictures. The servo does turn, but as soon as you place the RC on the ground the gears spin and do not turn the wheels. I am running the servo on a Traxxas Revo that is used for racing only, so all of the use of this servo is under normal racing conditions. The motor to the servo is very strong still, thats why I want to rebuild this servo instead of throw it away. My contact information is:

Thanks for your help,

Keith

If you can get a hold of them I am going to want at least two sets of them. This first set of gears striped out after only 4 months or racing two days a week. Thats less than 70 hours of use. I just purchased another Integy servo for my RC10T4, are you having this problem with all your servo's? I cant have the truck sitting on my shelf waiting for a servo gear to get it going. ROAR Nationals are coming up soon and I need as much track time as I can get. Thanks for your help.

Ok listen, your customer service SUCKS! I have had my ticket up on your web site for 6 damn days now and you claim 24 hour response? Can someone please answer my question for god sake? Its been a week with no answers and this is bull ****.
Hi,

I was able to locate the problem. If you look at the attached photo, you will see a large gear with a smaller gear attached to it. This is NOT a single gear (single piece of metal) it is two gear joined together. I was able to turn the servo on and watch the gears turning inside each other. The stripped part is where those two gears join together inside each other if that makes sense? Instead of the two parts turning as one.....the large gear turns and the small gear inside it does not turn at all, it just lets the large gear spin around it without moving. So there is not any stripped teeth in the gears. Its just the two gears not being joined together anymore. Can you understand what I am trying to explain here?

Thanks,

Hi,

I have one of your RG Servo 41x20x38mm 6.0V/0.17s/190oz-in. Its only a
couple months old and it has a striped gear in it. Can you tell me a
part number so I can order a replacement set of metal gears so I can
fix it please.

Thanks,
Old 09-03-2007, 08:39 AM
integy1

ORIGINAL: REVO-Beat-U

ORIGINAL: jatoracing33

That is exactly why I started this post, anyone who is thinking of buying Integy needs to think twice and go get something worth while with your money. Do not support a company that WILL NOT support you after you purchase their products.
Please e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll try my best to answer your question. E-mails can be filtered as Spam from time to time, use our Help Desk ticket system by using the following link:
http://www.integy.com/help.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.