Community
Search
Notices
RC Classic Cars & Trucks Have a classic that is at least 15 years or older? Discuss it here!

Tyco Fast Traxx

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 12:21 PM
mbz300sdl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tyco Fast Traxx

Did anyone here every have one as a child?

It was my first "Full Function" rc car got it when I was six. I'd love to have one just as a sentimental piece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdMWe...eature=related

Anyone have a Tyco Ricochet I sill have mine some were but i know its in pieces. lol

They maybe just "toys" but back then they were great!
Old 11-09-2008, 12:35 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Default RE: Tyco Fast Traxx

I barely remember the commercials, and yes, they are toys, more like Radio Shack toy grade RCs, not hobby grade at all.

Dont get me wrong, as a child, I would have done anything to have one of those.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:56 PM
webdr

As a videographer, Ill say those old Tyco commercials were genius. They make the bandit and the fast Traxx look incredibally fast and manuverable. The way the Bandit rides a wheelie, then busts off the wooden structure in a barrel roll, THAT is what sells these products. The same goes for the old Tamiya commercials.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:09 PM
mbz300sdl

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

I barely remember the commercials, and yes, they are toys, more like Radio Shack toy grade RCs, not hobby grade at all.

Dont get me wrong, as a child, I would have done anything to have one of those.
Oh i know i just remember Christmas morning my parents already had the battery charged on 4-hour "Quick" charger and driving it out in the snow! I didn't get a hobby class till i was 13 hey i have been in the hobby for 10 years now. lol
Old 11-09-2008, 02:02 PM
773W
My Feedback: (1)

I remember when I used to have a Tyco "Turbo Hopper". That was so cool when I was a kid.Id love to have one again just to bring back a few memories. My buddy also had one of thoses "Bandits" as well, only we were not able to use battery packs like that on ad. We had to save up for each run and buy 8 AA cells off the shelf. 12 V was a blast.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Roscco

OMG[X(] (Sorry for large pics, won't go smaller for me?)

I was askin' in my LHs about these things yesterday, and i thought i'd started a thread about them a year or so ago. (Searching says otherwise, maybe another forum). As a kid, i wanted a yellow one, and now as a hobby grade RC enthusiast i can see MASSIVE potential.

Was thinkin' brushless, or maybe a decent .21, who knows......... Would be unique and cool as hell. But LOADS of work. Thankfully i'm not workshy

This is the only pic i can find of the 'original ones' (One i wanted was in yellow, as in the 2nd gen pic.)

TYCO seem to have released a smaller 2nd version (available as a slot car too) .

Does anybody know more ? I seem to remember rumours of a 'Super Fast Traxx' too ? This one REALLY has my attention, if it indeed exists[&:]Pics ??? It DOES exist, checkout his video, shows difference in scale between 'FAST TRAXX' & SUPER FAST TRAXX' Both are runnin' too.

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79ibur81stY]FAST vs SUPER TRAXX[/link]

Me needs the 'Super'

Cheers all,

Roscco

Old 11-09-2008, 02:55 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha! I still have my old Tyco tantrum from '98, probably still works too! I used to love the spinning top, never seen these before though. Web is right on the commercial, I'd totally want one if I was 6/9, but in today's market I think they would fail.

Tom.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:40 PM
mbz300sdl

The one i had was Green it may have been a super fast traxx but it was the full size 9.6V i think the difference in color though was that one was 27mhz and the other was 49mhz. I am going to look on ebay!
Old 11-09-2008, 08:17 PM
dacaur

I got a knock off fast traxx when I was a kid.... I cant remember the brand. It couldn't do the super fast spins that the tyco one did (my step brother had the tyco) but it was just as fast and did great in the snow.

I picked up a half trax at a thrift store recently... Not tx and none of the toy Tx's i have work with it... so my plan is to convert it to hobby grade electronics at some point....
Old 11-10-2008, 08:33 PM
SnSHampton

Webdr.....The tamiya's were and still are fine vehicles. man some of the old tamiya's sell for thousands on ebay!! The Sand Scorcher is one of them.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:45 PM
malice23

Just purchased on ebay a SUPER FAST TRAXX mint in box...I coulodnt believe it either and I cut a good deal with the seller too. anyone ever ran these before? Ive had a regular fast traxx but not the super one.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:21 PM
mbz300sdl

Post a pic of it and i'll tell you if its what i used to have. I think mine may have been the super.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:16 PM
malice23

haven't received it yet. when I do I'll post.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:24 PM
RC 01 KID

HAHAHA i used to have the bandit with the turbo button... Oh man that brings back memories..I used to love that thing, except i always drove it with the turbo switch on so batts would never last very long. But man when i was at that age it seemed like those things flew....
Old 11-15-2008, 05:28 PM
malice23

I know what you mean...when I was younger I had a scorcher 6x6 and thought it was lightning fast and I rebought one some months ago and it was pretty quick on take off but slower than what Im used to now...Plus it seemed sooo much bigger to me then than now lol.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:33 PM
RC 01 KID

Oh for sure, it seems like everything was bigger when we were in our younger ages. Like snowstorms for example, it seems like when i was little we used to have the BIGGEST snowstorms ever but as i got older they werent as big anymore...haha Ahhh memories
Old 11-15-2008, 11:50 PM
malice23

L O L...DEFINITELY! What sux now though is Im totally in to the hobby of RCing and no one I know is as in to it as I am. Ialways find myself running my cars alone or I drag my girlfriend along...even though she enjoys it. Plus there's no tra cks around here to have some real fun.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:14 PM
RC 01 KID

Yeah dude im kinda in the same boat as you. I just moved and i dont know anyone that is into it either, and i live in an apt building so there really isnt a very good place to drive.. Im thinking about getting into on road since i have a nice big parking garage that heated...
Old 11-16-2008, 03:22 PM
mbz300sdl

Yeah i have always driven my cars alone cause but at least u have ur GF to drive with you my ex it just wasnt here thing but it was ok cause when i was at her house and she wanted to just set on the computer and pay games it gave me something todo that was not boring. lol

Though lately i have found some people in my area that enjoy it also but like you i have no tracks so i am going to just build my own i think. I got 20 acres here no reason not to build one. Right?
Old 11-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Roscco

ORIGINAL: malice23

Just purchased on ebay a SUPER FAST TRAXX mint in box...I coulodnt believe it either and I cut a good deal with the seller too. anyone ever ran these before? Ive had a regular fast traxx but not the super one.

Ummm, 'Hobby (up)Grade' project in the making ??

Would be awesome[8D]
Old 11-17-2008, 05:48 PM
huskerdually

My boss just gave me a couple and I was thinking about trying to install speed control and motors in them.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Barber420

Someone that has one should definitely put a really nice brushed setup and Rx/Tx in it. Even better, someone needs to make theirs brushless and get some video of it to post on here. Come on people, don't make me be the one to buy one and do it!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2008, 05:59 PM
huskerdually

Someone send me 2 esc and motors and it's done.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:05 PM
mbz300sdl

Wow look what i started lol
Old 11-17-2008, 07:13 PM
dacaur

Well, the problem is that you cant get replacment parts, so if you go brushless, you WILL break something, and then its junk...[&o]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.