Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Slash 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 04:34 PM
MrJaybrend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slash 4x4

Okay. I just bought my Slash 4x4 yesterday. Brand spanking new out of the box. I drove it yesterday in my front yard and it worked as it should. But today I took it to the local park and raced my dads Slash 2x4 brushed Slash, and it spanked me. Then after the race we just freely drove around and on the concrete it would only do about 15-20 MPH with a 3000 battery. On the box it says it will do 35 stock. Anyway on the grass it would just stop moving, the tires wouldn't even spin. Then, as I said before it would only to 15-20 MPH full trottle. What should I do? I am EXTREMELY upset.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:37 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

Default RE: Slash 4x4

Sorry, my X-ray vision isn't working right now and I cannot penetrate your brain and "see" what you're thinking.

You're crying about an entry-level rc car - is this correct?
Old 04-07-2012, 08:50 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

Here's what upsets me - a kid - a simple boy is crying about his own neglected rc car - but he said his OWNDAD does r/c = so what's up?

Go cry to daddy then!!!! Who cares!?!?!? You just bashed the Traxxas company and cut its throat!!!!!!

You think someone like me wants to help you out after all that!?!?!?

BOY - get a job. And please, do us all a favor, and please respectfully leave this hobby. What you posted reminds me of a spoiled child that has never been spanked.

Goodbye.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:20 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Read your manual and see if it has gotten set into training mode by mistake, this is the first place I would look.

Also, by "3000 battery", I assume you are referring to the 3000mAh rating? This would have nothing to do with power, it is more like run time, basically. The voltage and "C" rating are what you should really be looking at.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:36 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

yeah, sorry for the attack, but there's way too many POILED CHILDREN here!!!!!!!

Read the god damn manual - you lazy FAT ASS!!!!! GETOFFYOURBUTTANDREADIT- ANDSTOPBOTHERINGUSOLDSKOOLGUYSB/COFYOURLAZYNESS!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2012, 09:51 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: iUnicorn

I am about to run my Slash XL-5 out in the water. Should I just spray it with a hose when I am done or what should I do?
are u taliking about the same slash???
Old 04-07-2012, 10:07 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

LOL- should I POIL children, BOIL them, or SPOIL them like I want to. Yeah, I'd tell my own kid how to do it, but it wicked bugs me that the poor kid has to goto the inter web, without any help from his own dad.

That's sad.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Medrivfast

Hey dragnse7en, Why don't you keep your stupid comments to yourself. I own several RTR trucks. I don't have time or should i say i have better things to do than piece together a kit. I'm not a kid. I make well into the 6 digits yearly. I buy my own toys. Everybody was a newbie at once. Try helping someone instead of putting them down.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:27 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

ORIGINAL: Medrivfast

Hey dragnse7en, Why don't you keep your stupid comments to yourself. I own several RTR trucks. I don't have time or should i say i have better things to do than piece together a kit. I'm not a kid. I make well into the 6 digits yearly. I buy my own toys. Everybody was a newbie at once. Try helping someone instead of putting them down.
Okay fine. You got me right there. I apologize.

Now, go cry to your daddy and ask why your precious truck won't work no more.

Youre an ass!!!! A spoiled mamma ass as well!!!!

Take your six figures and shove it - no one here can care less.

Trust me, I've owned more r/cs than your oldest grandpa did.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:44 PM
Medrivfast

ORIGINAL: dragnse7en

What makes you think people care about you. I've owned my fair share of R/Cs. People like you push nebies away from this hobby. That's all it is. A fun hobby. Try not to take it serious.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:59 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

yeah, sorry for the attack, but there's way too many POILED CHILDREN here!!!!!!!

Read the god damn manual - you lazy FAT ASS!!!!! GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND READ IT - AND STOP BOTHERING US OLD SKOOL GUYS B/C OF YOUR LAZYNESS!!!!!!
Absolutely disgraceful. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:04 AM
dragnse7en
Banned

Any person that owns a Traxxas product should also be ashamed of himself - duped out for that kind of waste of time and money.

Yeah, I said it - and that's the hard truth.

There's a lot of hard core traxxas guys out there. yet over 60% of them say the stock prts suck ass.

Always upgrading . . . .

I never bought a Trash-ass, I'm a Team Losi, AE guy.

So, I'm a spazz as well - sue me!
Old 04-08-2012, 12:06 AM
dragnse7en
Banned

What makes you think people care about you. I've owned my fair share of R/Cs. People like you push nebies away from this hobby. That's all it is. A fun hobby. Try not to take it serious.
Spoiled brats like you, with the RTR scene, is what makes me puke.

Go amuse someone who cares.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:21 AM
Mp0wer

Is this guy serious?

I just registered to this forum and can't believe what I'm hearing, how can this forum let this guy get away with treating people like this?

Does this forum have any admins to ban this clown?

I just bought a slash 4x4 and came to this forum thinking I could get some help and ask some questions, but if this is the way I'm gonna get treated then c-ya later...

Old 04-08-2012, 04:59 AM
kahnen

ORIGINAL: iUnicorn

Okay. I just bought my Slash 4x4 yesterday. Brand spanking new out of the box. I drove it yesterday in my front yard and it worked as it should. But today I took it to the local park and raced my dads Slash 2x4 brushed Slash, and it spanked me. Then after the race we just freely drove around and on the concrete it would only do about 15-20 MPH with a 3000 battery. On the box it says it will do 35 stock. Anyway on the grass it would just stop moving, the tires wouldn't even spin. Then, as I said before it would only to 15-20 MPH full throttle. What should I do? I am EXTREMELY upset. [img][/img]
Like one of the more sounder minds in this thread suggested, check your manual on training mode for the esc.

If its not that, did you recharge your battery after running the first day in your front yard before you raced your dad?

If its the stock 3000mah nimh 7.2v battery that comes with it, don't expect to much from it. Batteries is where the power comes from, better battery=more power. Basically, more voltage for more speed: 8.4v nimh or 2s lipo(lipo charger required). More MaH for longer running times.

You have to take the mph claims of most companies with a grain of salt, with the perfect conditions you can reach 35mph.

Also, was your dad's slash stock as well or did he have upgrades?
Old 04-08-2012, 06:00 AM
bwolf123

Yeah, how dare you insult these super cool experts with a question!!!! They simply could have ignored it instead of bashing you.This is a major problem with these forums. Too many experts who would rather insult people than help.Unbelievable.SORRY******!! You are the best!

I am new to RC myself. I picked up a Stampede 4x4 vxl and had a lot of problems with it. Your Slash should be going pretty good out of the box. Check to make sure the Lipo low voltage setting is off on your esc. If your esc lights up green it means the low voltage protection is on.It needs to be off to run Nimh batteries. Training mode may be activated which only gives you half power. You will have to check your manual, traxxas web siteor youtube on that one. You can easily change your pinion gear for more speed or more torque depending where you are running. Or it could be defective. Mine actually had a defective ESC.If you call traxxas, their customer service is awesome and they will help you figure out what is going on. Good luck. I have only been doing the rc thing a couple months and have learned a lot by talking to more experienced people who would rather help than bash someone. I cant forsee myself posting on these forums that much with that kind of attitude out there.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:16 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread is an example of the crappy aspect of this hobby. Nothing the the OP said came across as bashing Traxxas. He had a question, was frustrated, and came here for help and then you guys kicked him in his face. SMH
Old 04-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mp0wer

Is this guy serious?

I just registered to this forum and can't believe what I'm hearing, how can this forum let this guy get away with treating people like this?

Does this forum have any admins to ban this clown?

I just bought a slash 4x4 and came to this forum thinking I could get some help and ask some questions, but if this is the way I'm gonna get treated then c-ya later...
t about

Yes, we do, but we can't be everywhere all the time, I've cleaned up the thread. This is extremely rare on this forum, as you can tell by reading just about any other topic. Sorry about that, just ignore this one.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:52 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: bwolf123

Yeah, how dare you insult these super cool experts with a question!!!! They simply could have ignored it instead of bashing you. This is a major problem with these forums. Too many experts who would rather insult people than help. Unbelievable. SORRY RC GODS!! You are the best!

I am new to RC myself. I picked up a Stampede 4x4 vxl and had a lot of problems with it. Your Slash should be going pretty good out of the box. Check to make sure the Lipo low voltage setting is off on your esc. If your esc lights up green it means the low voltage protection is on. It needs to be off to run Nimh batteries. Training mode may be activated which only gives you half power. You will have to check your manual, traxxas web site or youtube on that one. You can easily change your pinion gear for more speed or more torque depending where you are running. Or it could be defective. Mine actually had a defective ESC. If you call traxxas, their customer service is awesome and they will help you figure out what is going on. Good luck. I have only been doing the rc thing a couple months and have learned a lot by talking to more experienced people who would rather help than bash someone. I cant forsee myself posting on these forums that much with that kind of attitude out there.
It was just one guy in an isolated incident which will be dealt with, don't worry. Calm down buddy.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:54 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: dubd

This thread is an example of the crappy aspect of this hobby. Nothing the the OP said and across as bashing Traxxas. He had a question, was frustrated, and came here for help and then you guys kicked him in his face. SMH
Who guys? I only saw one guy causing trouble.

Anyway, let's get this thread back on topic. Thanks.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:41 PM
bwolf123

Calm down???So sorry.Happened to be the one and only thread I have viewed on this forum. May be an isolated incident but not isolated in the RC community. Will just unsubscribe.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:11 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Ok, guys, let me show you how this works, ok? If someone says something out of line, we have a "Report" button at the bottom of every post. If you spy bad behavior, go ahead and click that little button. It brings up a box where you can check TYPE of behavior, then if you need to you can even add your own $.02!!! The mods shouldn't have to come in and clear up the offenders and THEN have to break it all down for you. Moderators are in short supply around here due to a very selective "hiring" process, and not to mention those pesky little "life" things. The OP needed more help than the other guy needed attention.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:29 PM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: bwolf123

Calm down??? So sorry. Happened to be the one and only thread I have viewed on this forum. May be an isolated incident but not isolated in the RC community. Will just unsubscribe.

It happens, as you correctly note, everywhere. But less here than most places. As Fahrt pointed out, we are incredibly short staffed at the moment and sometimes can't stamp on the trolls quick enough. We do our best though.

Please everyone, let's focus on helping the OP now.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:58 AM
MrJaybrend

So I take I missed a rude person? Or are they talking about me?
Old 04-09-2012, 08:09 AM
kahnen

Yeah the thread has been edited to remove some improper behavior.

You get your issue worked out yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.