Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Anyone have an 1\8 Electric Buggy Conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 03:57 PM
CadillacDTS2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone have an 1\8 Electric Buggy Conversion?

so keith what is the adavntages of the elctric liek did you do it for a reason or what ? like to prove to your self it can be done or to see if it gose faster
what are you run time
and is it faster than nitro ?
Old 03-23-2006, 07:03 PM
studysession

For me I did it because I prefer electric. Less noise, less mess and lots more power and less work because I am lazy. LOL Doesn't bother neighbors which is nice so I can run it even late when people are sleeping and not wake up the neighbors in that aspect.

Hope that answers your question.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:17 PM
R/C fan-addict

yeah I'm converting the blazer to have a less noisy R/C than the savage cause my savage really pisses off the neighbors so I always have to drive somewhere and I can only do that on weekends. I like my emaxx but it isn't very good at taking bad landings and sits up kinda high. When I order my SST the total order will cost $750 for the truck, an ICE, power supply, dual S-600's and some other stuff but then I take off $80 in savings, then another $375 in the nitro parts value, and another $80 GC and it costs me only $215!!!!!!!!! I think the Blazer is soo cheap b/c the ofna mulitor is comin out so they're replacing the SST...
Old 03-24-2006, 10:13 PM
happywing

I tried mine for the first time this evening, an I'm thrilled!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85286.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	432442   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54782.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	432443  
Old 08-08-2006, 03:39 PM
mtucker

What are people using for motor mounts? I know the person that made the Cold Fusion motor mounts is no longer doing so. I have heard varying opinions about using a E-maxx motor plate since it is only 3mm thick. Are there any mounts being made that can be bought? I don't mind a little drilling and Dremeling, but it sure would be nice to be able to buy the motor mount pre-built.
I am looking at the Ofna MBX R2 [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAXV2&P=7]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXAXV2&P=7[/link]
Thanks,
Matt
Old 08-08-2006, 10:52 PM
scyan

If interested, I can have one made for you. I just created one for my hyper 7 elect conversion. Btw, the buggy you mentionned is a really old design, try that one *hyper 7* for a cheap way of getting a very competitive and TOUGH buggy.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJLE8&P=ML

Also, here is a pic of the mount im talking about, talk to me in private about getting one made for you, heres also a fanmount/esc mount for the hyper 7.

Talk to me at [email protected]

We're going to badge them Team FRC

lmk !!

Scy

The fan mount is 3mm thick, to keep it flexible.

The motor mount is 6mm thick, very very sturdy.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44106.jpg
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	504390   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78496.jpg
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	504391  
Old 08-12-2006, 12:05 AM
mtucker

If interested, I can have one made for you.
Once I decide on a platform, I might just see if you can make a bracket.

the buggy you mentionned is a really old design
For the price, I guess I can't expect too much. I have been searching ebay for "rollers". Since I will be spending a good chunk of change on the electronics, I guess I shouldn't go cheap on the buggy itself.

I just noticed the link you gave is for a Hyper 7 kit. I did not know they exist. I searched tower and other places for "ARR" hoping to find other buggies that came without the motor and radio. I would prefer a ARR, but I can spend the time and build the kit. Excellent info! For $50 more, it sounds like a much better platform.

Thanks for the info,
Matt
Old 08-12-2006, 07:22 AM
scyan

Don't forget tower's rebates once you step over 200$... its not really 50$ more...

Btw, my hyper 7 running 2 maxamps 8000mah lipos will tear the front tires from the rims if im not careful.... And thats on the lowest torque setting on my quark 125b. With a 13t pinion running a 46t spur it does wheelies on command and just by the looks of it, I KNOW its going over 45mph, probably over 50mph.

Scy