Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official E-Maxx Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 04:57 PM
TraxxasOffroader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-Maxx Thread

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'm not running their lipo's though, i'm just running the 7 cell 4700Mah batts. If i ever go lipo though i will deff do that, but for now i have no more money to put into it so it runs as is (which is all i need right now for my driving skill).
Old 03-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No problem! Yeah I haven't actually heard anything good or bad really about the MaxAmps NiMH's. How much did you pay each for those 7 cell packs if you don't mind me asking? Because I need to get some good NiMH packs for a starter box.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:42 PM
TraxxasOffroader

um i belive they were about $149.99 for the set for the e-maxx. It cost me more cause i had them shipped to Canada but the batts were $149.99 + $3 for the connectors. Total was $170 with the shipping. In all its not bad, its only $75 for each batt, and my venoms were $60 each, and i get 10 mins more runtime out of these, and that was on the venom's 8th or 9th charge, and the Max Amps 2nd, so i'm hoping that they will be a great batt. very pleased so far! i'm hoping these will last. ( i have had 2 venom's go bad within 5 charges. one poped once cell, the other almost caught on fire and the shrink wrap melted off it, both on seperate ocasions.)
Old 03-22-2009, 07:09 PM
Krawlin

Wow, compared to the current prices of LiPo's that is expensive! I think I might as well just get more 2S LiPo's, can get Zippy brand 2S packs for very cheap.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:12 PM
TraxxasOffroader

Sounds good, I just didnt have the money to go and buy a lipo charger, and the 2 lipo packs when I did this, otherwise i was going to run lipo's, plus i'd need a low voltage cutoff. One day though
Old 03-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Krawlin

When you get the money, do the switch to LiPo as soon as possible. I did, and I sure wont go back to NiMH unless its for something other than to power the RC. They initial investment in LiPo is higher, but the long term money requirements are much much lower because of how long these packs last (up to 300+ cycles!).

Still working on installing my light-kit, will borrow my GF's camera soon and get some pictures and maybe a video!
Old 03-22-2009, 07:45 PM
coryjones

I have been having some wierd things going on with my 16.8 e maxx. When i bought my 5,000mah batteries it would pull wheelis of the line but it does not seem to have the power it did. Yesterday i was runing full out and my boy steped out in front of it and i slammed it in to reverse and it went up on the front tires but did not flip. After that i took of a few more times and the speed control shut off and would not come on. I let it sit over night and now it is working. But now it seems to have even less power to it the batteries are very new. It did get wet the last couple months from snow. It will not pull the tires off the ground with a full charge it does spine them. When i first got the bateries it would flip over backwards if you mashed it.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:52 PM
TraxxasOffroader

no idea man, sorry. I'm thinking I need to tightedn up my slipper clutch, as it won't let my truck deliver enough power to the ground to lift the front end, it just whines. I may try that and then it should be good im hoping. Sorry i don't have an answar, im kinda new to this. Please let me know if tightening the slipper is a good idea also, thanks.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:04 PM
coryjones

That is kinda what i was thinking but i have never had one with a clutch so not sure if it is a good i dea to mess with it or not. I am going to get a new charger and has looking at some much bigger brushed motors.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:08 PM
TraxxasOffroader

i have never really noticed it before untill i ran my new batts today. Before it would just spin, and not the motors rev higher and it makes a high pitch sound, so im guessing that the slipper clutch is just slipping. I'll see how it goes, but on sandy surfaces, it takes off hard, but on anything with traction, it just makes the whine, so thats why i'm guessing the slipper clutch. Please someone let me know if i am correct, im new to this.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:24 PM
Crash9

Friday at work was hard ....hardly working ...so we busted out my gear and the Losi family (yep those guys that sold the biz a few years back) from across the alley came out to play. All it took was the FPV E-maxx and they where all over it..."Can I try it...."Whens my turn". I got some good video and I'll post it later .

At the end of the parking lot there's a drainage ditch and sandwash that are a blast to play in.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8-B1fdIl9w[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8-B1fdIl9w
Old 03-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Krawlin

Nice video Crash!

Speaking of video's, got a quick video of the light kit in my E-Maxx, my GF actually let me use her camera, lol! Its not 100% done yet, still have to make sure everything will stay where I mounted it, but otherwise that is the final mounting place for all the lights. Enjoy!

http://s291.photobucket.com/albums/l...t=DSCN2243.flv

Just so you know, its a Yeah Racing Dark Drifter light kit, can handle 12 LED's total, and can make 4 of them flash with a total of 7 modes. Runs off the receiver for power.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Seek and Destroy

this has probably been asked multiple times in this thread, but what are the average run times you guys are getting on I don't know say 2 3000mah nimh batteries?
Old 03-23-2009, 04:32 PM
TraxxasOffroader

I'm not too sure , i'm running dual 4700's and i got about 25 mins to half hour playin around yesterday. On my 4200's i also get about 20-25 mins of runtime also, so i'm not really sure about a set of 3000's. Hopefully someone else will though to let you know.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:29 PM
maybelater29
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: -xXXx-

this has probably been asked multiple times in this thread, but what are the average run times you guys are getting on I don't know say 2 3000mah nimh batteries?

I have been running Orion superduty 6 cell 3000mAh packs since I got the truck a week and a half ago...I have about 6 cycles through them and I get about 12 good minutes runtime then another 3 of so so...I have also front lower hinge pin and a rear shock tower learning how to jump the thing.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Seek and Destroy

That kind of makes me want to get a slash or stampede then. Because I really just want to go around 20-30mph and have a good maybe close to 30 minute runtime. Well if I can trade my t-maxx for an e-maxx like I want too, and hopefully get some good batts in the trade also, then I think I will be very happy with this thing.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:37 PM
TraxxasOffroader

Hey -xXXx-, i am so far very pleased with my truck, although i have no idea what anything else is like because the e-maxx is my first good quality rc. so far with my dual Max amps set up id say im getting a good 20 mins of awsome performance, another 5 mins of atleast 25mph+, and then just the rest of the so-so range while it dies. i was running mine with my dads, and i was using the Max Amps, he was using the 4200mah batts i have, and well, the 4700's last longer (so they should, bigger capacity), but by about 10 mins for great performance, and another 5-10 mins after they were dead.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:08 PM
Seek and Destroy

well sounds to me like that if I get good batteries I will be ok. It's just that those batteries are pretty expensive for some nice ones.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:45 PM
Seek and Destroy

Traxxasoffroader, what kind of batteries are you running (brand) and how much did they cost you?
Old 03-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Krawlin

Traxxasoffroader, what kind of batteries are you running (brand) and how much did they cost you?

ORIGINAL: TraxxasOffroader

um i belive they were about $149.99 for the set for the e-maxx. It cost me more cause i had them shipped to Canada but the batts were $149.99 + $3 for the connectors. Total was $170 with the shipping. In all its not bad, its only $75 for each batt, and my venoms were $60 each, and i get 10 mins more runtime out of these, and that was on the venom's 8th or 9th charge, and the Max Amps 2nd, so i'm hoping that they will be a great batt. very pleased so far! i'm hoping these will last. ( i have had 2 venom's go bad within 5 charges. one poped once cell, the other almost caught on fire and the shrink wrap melted off it, both on seperate ocasions.)

Old 03-23-2009, 10:58 PM
TraxxasOffroader

i am currently running a set of Max Amps 4700Mah batts. they were $149.99 for both (come as a set)
Old 03-23-2009, 11:10 PM
Seek and Destroy

that's insane for 2 batteries, maybe I will just get some GP 3300 mah 6 cell batteries from radioshack. They are like 25 each so sign me up. Uhhhh I wish I had a job. (I'm 14)
Old 03-23-2009, 11:28 PM
Krawlin

Alright, finally got the video of my light kit uploaded onto youtube! Check it out!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS4PkkFiiF0[/youtube]
Old 03-24-2009, 07:51 AM
maybelater29
My Feedback: (1)

that's insane for 2 batteries, maybe I will just get some GP 3300 mah 6 cell batteries from radioshack. They are like 25 each so sign me up. Uhhhh I wish I had a job. (I'm 14)
You are on to something...use those and save up to go Lipo..the start up cost is high but, from what I here, the reward is great. I went with the Orion's because when I bought the truck the LHS had 2 packs for $45, I knew I wanted to go lipo and didn't want to blow a lot of money on the nimh. My lipo should be here tomorrow. If you don't want to go lipo try saving a little more and get better nimh to start (you'll get board with 6 cell really fast) Try [link=http://www.promatchracing.com/proddetail.php?prod=7475]these (2 for $105)[/link] or [link=http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/main.asp?sid=1521496&pgid=superlisting&type=car&manufacturer=4&model=545]These ($98 for 2 packs using Elite 5000 sells)[/link]
I went with the lipo's because I kow I plan to go brushless in a few months and I learned in in this hobby buy for the future...If you spend $100-$150 on good nimh now then 3 -4 months go brusless and have to spend another $350 to get set up with lipo yuo could have saved $100 or so just going lipo to start.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:21 PM
Seek and Destroy

You are on to something...use those and save up to go Lipo..the start up cost is high but, from what I here, the reward is great. I went with the Orion's because when I bought the truck the LHS had 2 packs for $45, I knew I wanted to go lipo and didn't want to blow a lot of money on the nimh. My lipo should be here tomorrow. If you don't want to go lipo try saving a little more and get better nimh to start (you'll get board with 6 cell really fast) Try [link=http://www.promatchracing.com/proddetail.php?prod=7475]these (2 for $105)[/link] or [link=http://www.cheapbatterypacks.com/main.asp?sid=1521496&pgid=superlisting&type=car&manufacturer=4&model=545]These ($98 for 2 packs using Elite 5000 sells)[/link]
I went with the lipo's because I kow I plan to go brushless in a few months and I learned in in this hobby buy for the future...If you spend $100-$150 on good nimh now then 3 -4 months go brusless and have to spend another $350 to get set up with lipo yuo could have saved $100 or so just going lipo to start.
[/quote]

If anything I would get those ELITE 5000 ones, $98 but thats more mah (which from what I have read is longer runtime) and a cheaper price. I am still am not sure on the e-maxx or stampede. My LHS carrys so many traxxas parts that it is ridiculous. THats the main reason why I want a traxxas, plus I have yet to EVER break my rustler and that is definately making me biased. ANd the stampede uses 1 battery so i could probably get more runtime since I could use 1 after the other. I dont know I will keep looking around, maybe I could try to convert my rustler to the stampede? But that would probably be more money that it is worth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.