Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official E-Maxx Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 10:09 AM
RUSTED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official E-Maxx Thread

hey , i just broke the brace of my flm extended e maxx and the custom mounts to mount the 3905 transmission , should i buy a brace and the transmission adaptor from flm , or get the low center of gravity chassis from kershaw designs thats made for the 3905 emaxx
Old 08-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

I would say that is a matter of opinion. I don't like the low COG chassis because it gives you much less ground clearance. That is fine if you are racing on nice tracks. But what I do is mostly bashing. So I like to keep my ground clearance.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:02 PM
soulreaver_x01
My Feedback: (2)

oh man,do i love my new maxx!! ive run it only bout 4 five times,BRUTAL wheelies!!got to get skids,shock towers,etc.stock plastic aint gonna hold,and a wheelie bar
Old 08-20-2008, 04:30 PM
JustForKicks

My friend and I both picked up some new E-Maxx's at our LHS and man are we satisfied! We were choosing between the E-Savage and the E-Maxx and we based our decision solely on the size! hahaha. I'm new to the whole RC thing so everything I read here is Hieroglyphics to me so please don't bash me. I also got a Wheely King three weekends ago. I was planning on building a crawler out of it, but I realized I wanted the speed and to be able to bash.

I picked up two Venom racing 4200mah batteries and an Onyx dual battery charger along with it. Are these good choices? Also, what are some things I can buy to strenghen up the chassis? What are the benefits of Lipo and what would I need to replace if I decide to use Lipo? Anyone know of any dirt tracks in the Walnut/Diamond Bar area where I can run my truck? And I want to pick up the Land Rover Defender body but I'm not sure if it will fit the e-Maxx, does anyone know if it will fit? What kind of rims can I fit.

Sorry for all the questions, but like I said, I'm new to all this.

[8D]
Old 08-20-2008, 06:14 PM
soulreaver_x01

man,after a few days of runnin my NEW maxx,lol,im gonna change the skid plates,the shock towers,and mabee some new a arm sets..ya will need a bumper set 2,and a wheelie bar if you want.i cant keep it rubber side down anywhere,grass,dirt,street.i bought xtra tires too,street ones..but in the end its all up to you.i got 4600mah batteries and they kick it up for close to 20 mins.15 for me or less,i like to goose it,lol!
Old 08-20-2008, 08:14 PM
soulreaver_x01

i havent seen anything really that i dislike about the e-maxx.this is my first big electric truck,and i must say im very impressed..the stock plastic skid plates are ok,but im guessin they wont last long..neither will the shock towers,lol...it jumps to speed in a snap,very nice bottom end..im going to prob.in time do the whole alum. thing,but for straight outta the box,very impressive on and off road!!im pleased with my purchase...wonder what is the first thing gonna break??lol..
Old 08-21-2008, 12:24 AM
littleazn248

hey Wheelnut remember how i told you about the mods i did it works crazy good. i can pop wheelies in second and still flip over and i even uped one tooth on the pinion. however recently ive been getting this clicking sound in my front left on the axle carrier where the driveline goes to the wheel and where the arms attach with the balls. The click is strange i go forward and it clicks for 5seconds then i go backward and it clicks for 5 seconds what is this clicking its driving me crazy. My LHS said its probably the diff but its not coming from there the sound i mean. Lastly i have an RPM shocktower the problem is the body post are turning white under that ring only on one side.I notice thats from stress does rpm cover that. I use my truck alot and i mean alot without the body so the rear post are grinded down from eating tarmac. Is this considered abuse. I dont have a modified vehicle in terms of what you guys have I only got higher gearing and one speed.

Thanks for the help in advance
Littleazn248
Old 08-21-2008, 01:05 AM
JustForKicks

Here's pics of my 4 day old E-Maxx. Those skid plates suck. Also a shot of Wheely King. No mods on it. Just remove the rear brace for better articulation.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16266.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	425.2 KB
ID:	1015910   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr53999.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	511.0 KB
ID:	1015911   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hn25751.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	1015912   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qj19668.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	553.4 KB
ID:	1015913   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yj65590.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	1015914  
Old 08-21-2008, 07:37 AM
Wheelnut

littleazn, "Whats that clicking noise"? haha if you listen to comedy you would know what I am talking about. It is a line from Henry Cho the comedian. Very funny stuff.
Anyway, now that I got that out of my system.
The last time I heard a clicking noise in my E-maxx was when there was a twig stuck in the A-arm and rubbing on the drive shaft. Not sure what yours could be. The only way to find out for sure is to take her apart and start looking for evidence.
They will cover breakage, you have to send in the part and they will determine under their own discretion if it is under warranty. They are generally very nice about it, but no they are not going to cover road rash when you are not supposed to be running the truck on the pavement in the first place. If they know you are running on the pavement then they probably won't cover anything. The pavement doesn't give like dirt or grass does.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:15 AM
JustForKicks

hahaha, I saw that Comedy Central standup with Henry Cho/The Asian Redneck!

And I wasn't planning on asking Traxxas to replace the skid plates. I was just stating my opinion about them.

anyone know how to fix the wheels/tires to keep them from wiggling? Three out of four don't roll straight and true. They kind of wobble.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Wheelnut

I was talking to littleazn about RPM not replacing his parts. I agree the stock parts are crap.
Try putting some small washer spacers between the hex nut and the axle carrier.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:34 PM
JustForKicks

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

I was talking to littleazn about RPM not replacing his parts. I agree the stock parts are crap.
Try putting some small washer spacers between the hex nut and the axle carrier.
Ahhh okay. Miscommunication on my part then. I apologize.

As far as the washer spacer, I'll try that and hopefully it works. Right now it won't hold a straight line while driving it. One second it's going straight, the next it's veering to either side. It's pretty frustrating.

I got another problem. One of my batteries doesn't seem to be charging normally. Usually, when I charge both batteries, they take the same amount of time to fully charge. I charged them last night and one of them finished about half an hour earlier. That battery was not hot nor warm at all. When the second battery finished charging, it was hot. They're Venom Racing 6cell 42000mah nimh batteries if that helps. I charged them at 5amps for the first time when it happened. How will this affect how the Maxx runs?
Old 08-21-2008, 03:12 PM
RMPROB

Hi there everyone!, Its been a while since I posted on here but I was just wondering about an e-maxx i have. I have thought about selling it because I bought it and it didn't work, I got it used and within one hour both motors were gone and the esc got fried because of them. I just put new motors in it and got an evx-2 from traxxas today. It has a few upgrades like integy aluminum chassis braces, rear bulkheads, shock tower, trans guard, a stainless roll cage, and rpm arms. My question is what do you guys think I could sell it for, or should I just get new batteries and try it again? You may remember my posts about the steering on the e-maxx, that turned out to be the esc because the bad motors were drawing way too much power and the esc was getting way too hot!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Always Dreamin

ORIGINAL: JustForKicks

Here's pics of my 4 day old E-Maxx. Those skid plates suck. Also a shot of Wheely King. No mods on it. Just remove the rear brace for better articulation.
Man, those skidplates are the worst. Get the non scratching kind. I hear those are real good.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:48 PM
JustForKicks

ORIGINAL: Always Dreamin
Man, those skidplates are the worst. Get the non scratching kind. I hear those are real good.
Wow, I've been on this forum only for a few days and I already know better. I mean why wouldn't I? It's in red font above the Message box!

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks.

Anyways, this truck is far better than my wheely king and I did plan on upgrading parts, I just didn't expect to do so this early. Maybe I should get those non-scratching skid plates everyone's raving about....[8D]
Old 08-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Wheelnut

WHat not scratching skid plates?
Even My RPM skid plates scratch, which ones don't.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:29 PM
hotrodlincoln886

hey everyone i have a 3905 emax with 2 6 cell 4200mah twin electrifly 19 turns the truck is as fast as a stock erevo on seven cells, today i got my two seven cell packs and the truck is crazy fast but my runtime is like 6 minutes maybe, compared to like almost fifiteen on the 6 cells. do those extra two cells make those motors pull that much more amperage to give such crappy run time? thanks
Old 08-26-2008, 10:39 PM
Wheelnut

Sounds strange to me. Should be longer run times. My son gets longer run times with identical batteries but 7 cells last longer than 6 cells.

Finally got everything together and went out yesterday to run it. Totally blew out a couple of gears in the transmission. I have already ordered steel gear replacements. Should be back bashing soon.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:30 AM
AVIV123

HI THIS IS MY E-MAXX
BAT I CANT DRIVE MY CAR 1 ARM IS BROKEN
MAMBA MAX
7XL
2X LIPO 5000 25C BATTRY
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70074.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	1021615   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74540.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	1021616   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot47149.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	1021617   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nh11462.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	1021618  
Old 08-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Always Dreamin

Wow, I've been on this forum only for a few days and I already know better. I mean why wouldn't I? It's in red font above the Message box!

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks.

Anyways, this truck is far better than my wheely king and I did plan on upgrading parts, I just didn't expect to do so this early. Maybe I should get those non-scratching skid plates everyone's raving about....[8D]
I was only joking, didn't mean for you to take it in the wrong way. Look into RPM, just about everything they make is worth buying.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:52 PM
carlbellybutton10

ORIGINAL: AVIV123

HI THIS IS MY E-MAXX
BAT I CANT DRIVE MY CAR 1 ARM IS BROKEN
MAMBA MAX
7XL
2X LIPO 5000 25C BATTRY
nice can't wait to get mine done dont even know if i will have time or money with football season starting
Old 09-02-2008, 11:14 AM
JustForKicks

I was only joking, didn't mean for you to take it in the wrong way. Look into RPM, just about everything they make is worth buying.
okay, then I misunderstood. That smiley at the end must have thrown me off. sorry for the rant then.

Anyways, i picked up the RPM a-arms for the front and the true track system for the rear. My LHS didn't have the RPM skid plates so I couldn't get those. I also replaced my bulkheads with regular Traxxas ones because they didn't have any Integy in stock.

Now I have another problem. My Maxx will run for a few minutes perfectly fine. Then after a while, when I bring it to a stop, it starts to twitch, accelerate, turn on it's own. And when I try to just fully accelerate, it will accelerate ,but it will hiccup a little like it wants to stop but it keeps going after the hiccup. I'm not sure what's going on. I haven't run it in water and I brush off the dirt after every run. All batteries are fairly new and I always run with fully charged Nimh's. The batteries are Venom 4200mah NiMH's and I charge them at 3.0 amps. I've e-mailed Traxxas support and they asked me to switch receivers, radios, and crystals with a friend of mine who also an the new e-maxx. It'll be hard to do since we are about 40 miles apart. Anyone have similar issues?
Old 09-02-2008, 03:26 PM
AVIV123

HELP
I HAVE PROBLEM THE BEC IS GIVING 4.8V
AND THE STEERING SERVO NEED 6V
WHAT TO DO???
Old 09-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Wheelnut

justforkicks,
Sounds like radio interferience. Go to another location, atleast 1/2mi from where you are and try it again.

AVIV, sounds like a bad esc, but I am not sure. WHat stuff are you running?
Old 09-02-2008, 10:18 PM
AVIV123

ORIGINAL: AVIV123

HELP
I HAVE PROBLEM THE BEC IS GIVING 4.8V
AND THE STEERING SERVO NEED 6V
WHAT TO DO???
i have castle bec and mamba max
becuse of the low volt when the car is on the jround there is no steering

i have steering only when the car is in moving or when the front wheelis are up
do you have this problem????

help please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.