Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

THE Official Traxxas E-REVO Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 03:37 PM
mycarisaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE Official Traxxas E-REVO Thread

Yeah I had them in speed and accelerationbut since the track was so rutted up my truck would get knocked around where as the baja would plow right threw.

(yeah I am running the mamba monster 2200 too)
Old 06-01-2009, 09:22 PM
j-boy

ORIGINAL: EReVoNuT

ORIGINAL: mycarisaser

I loved how well the extended rear arms made the truck feel BUT I couldnt keep a rear bulkhead in her either. Since I have put the rpm rear arms on I havent broke a bulk since(Broke 8 of them with the extended rear arms)

Are you useing the True-trac RPMs in the rear?

I put the true tracsa on. One of the first upgrades I did. I wasn't real impressed with fit. Had to do a LOT of reamin through the hinges to get them to loosen up and not bind. Buuuut.... since the initial installation I haven't had any issues. None of the problems with flexin too much or anything. Haven't broken anything yet and I hated to see retaining clips on the carriers but they haven't popped off. Anyhoo after the initial install, and although I've allways been a big RPM fan and have to admit that the install was a real PITA, I have been happy with them. I run RPM's all around. LOL come to think of it I remember having to remove some material from the arms I got for my MGT a couple years ago. They rubbed against the bulkheads and caused binding. But after a little grinding, no problem!
Old 06-02-2009, 03:09 AM
moparmyway

ORIGINAL: j-boy
I put the true tracsa on. One of the first upgrades I did. I wasn't real impressed with fit. Had to do a LOT of reamin through the hinges to get them to loosen up and not bind. Buuuut.... since the initial installation I haven't had any issues. None of the problems with flexin too much or anything. Haven't broken anything yet and I hated to see retaining clips on the carriers but they haven't popped off. Anyhoo after the initial install, and although I've allways been a big RPM fan and have to admit that the install was a real PITA, I have been happy with them. I run RPM's all around. LOL come to think of it I remember having to remove some material from the arms I got for my MGT a couple years ago. They rubbed against the bulkheads and caused binding. But after a little grinding, no problem!
The Traxxas extended arms went in like they were stock. Not 1 single snatch or problem. They have survived the unavoidable endos (when braking) and cartwheels (Arm killers). I am pushing well over 2000 watts and run pretty hard on pavement, so the flips and spins are brutal with zero give.

What do you see as the biggest difference between the RPM arms and the Traxxas ones ?

I havent tried the RPM arms, do they snap in a cartwheel like the Traxxas ones do ?
Old 06-02-2009, 04:17 PM
mycarisaser

The rpm ones dont snap and if for what ever reason they do , they come with a lifetime warrenty
Old 06-03-2009, 05:12 PM
vge

Hey guys i have a couple ratio questions for you. I always use two 3 cell 4000 mah packs in series. Right now I am using the following ratio:

Now 18/65

I wanted to know about what speeds and will I start getting serious heat? Which one would be the best speed for both on an offroad. Also how do you guys figure it out so I dont need to keep asking how the pinion/spur will work together.

19/65
20/65
22/65
22/54
Old 06-03-2009, 05:35 PM
brett_saville

ORIGINAL: vge

Also how do you guys figure it out
This is what you're looking forhttp://www.scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/_top_speed.html

Also on the home page of this link you can download it so that you can have a copy on your computer and don't have to bring up the net when you want to do some quick calcs

As far as the heat goes you're probably going to have to do some testing. change to a desired geearing and test the heat constantly once you find a gearing you like that tests with no heat issues you're set to go.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:40 PM
traxxas4ever

will these batteries fit in the revo?
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=6420#

I know these do but they are out of stock
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=8587

and then there are these
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...25C_Lipo_Pack#

which do you think is better to use?

Old 06-03-2009, 05:46 PM
brett_saville

This should help you with battery sizes

Old 06-03-2009, 05:49 PM
traxxas4ever

wow that helps a lot. But has anybody heard anything good about the third link on my last post. They appear to be new and even cheaper with a little added size. Any feedback?
Old 06-03-2009, 06:08 PM
vge

ORIGINAL: traxxas4ever

wow that helps a lot. But has anybody heard anything good about the third link on my last post. They appear to be new and even cheaper with a little added size. Any feedback?
I dont know but for the price i am gonna pick up two.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:18 PM
traxxas4ever

gonna grab two of these untill the lightmax 30c drain come into stock. Orderingtomorrow. let me know if there are any objections

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=6420#
Old 06-03-2009, 07:24 PM
EReVoNuT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow I was just looking around and found out that the Zippys are being discontinued and replaced with Turnegy lipos

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21320

Old 06-03-2009, 07:53 PM
traxxas4ever

actuallythe turnigy technically have more power. With the calculated amp's. 30c*3500 onlyequals105 but 25c*5000 is 125. So then the turnigy are better? Now i think i'm going with the turnigy. Also has anybody heard that theymisprintedthelabelson the 15c cells and they really are 30c and that is why they are bigger than the 25c batteries. How true is that exactly?
Old 06-03-2009, 10:46 PM
j-boy

Hey wats up guys? Anybody found any better diffs that drop into this truck? I am trying to rebuild mine and I don't much care for the crappy little seals they put in em and mine seem to want to bind up if I tighten the diff casing halves together much. I have worked on my share plastic diff housings so I know you can't go to torquin em down but these revo diffs are a little rediculous. I feel like I can't get them at all tight before they start binding. I saw a a thread where a guy was using losi diffs out of an LST or something but he had to modify them a lot. As many company's as there are that make hop-up parts for the Revo you'd think it would be easy but I'm not findin any.

FYI... RPM bearings BLOW! I have allways run RPM plastic but there bearings are toast after only like 4 races!
Old 06-04-2009, 05:53 AM
bluefisherking

Hey wats up guys? Anybody found any better diffs that drop into this truck? I am trying to rebuild mine and I don't much care for the crappy little seals they put in em and mine seem to want to bind up if I tighten the diff casing halves together much. I have worked on my share plastic diff housings so I know you can't go to torquin em down but these revo diffs are a little rediculous. I feel like I can't get them at all tight before they start binding. I saw a a thread where a guy was using losi diffs out of an LST or something but he had to modify them a lot. As many company's as there are that make hop-up parts for the Revo you'd think it would be easy but I'm not findin any.

FYI... RPM bearings BLOW! I have allways run RPM plastic but there bearings are toast after only like 4 races!
I have the RCM hybrid diffs for the Revo and they are very strong.
http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...=rcmrevohybrid

Old 06-04-2009, 06:07 AM
traxxas4ever

What kind of tires can i get to run on the street. 80% of the time i run on the street and i would rip those tallon tires off within 4 days. Do they even make good street tires that fit on this truck?
Old 06-04-2009, 07:26 AM
bluefisherking

HPI Phaltlines are a frequent choice, especially on HPI Blast wheels.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:55 PM
j-boy

ORIGINAL: bluefisherking

I have the RCM hybrid diffs for the Revo and they are very strong.
http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail...=rcmrevohybrid

Hey thanks man those look pretty sweet!
Old 06-05-2009, 06:01 AM
bluefisherking

np :-)
Just so you know, to fit them in the E-Revo (rather than the Revo) you need to do a little dremmelling of the chassis, but it really is nothing difficult or structural. The other thing to be aware of is that the main pinion outdrive (i.e. the one than connects to the centre shaft) is longer than the stock one, which makes no difference if you use the stock centre shafts (as they are adjustable length), but if you use a centre dogbone you will find that it may no longer fit!

Old 06-05-2009, 06:00 PM
j-boy

ORIGINAL: bluefisherking

np :-)
Just so you know, to fit them in the E-Revo (rather than the Revo) you need to do a little dremmelling of the chassis, but it really is nothing difficult or structural. The other thing to be aware of is that the main pinion outdrive (i.e. the one than connects to the centre shaft) is longer than the stock one, which makes no difference if you use the stock centre shafts (as they are adjustable length), but if you use a centre dogbone you will find that it may no longer fit!

Thanks again! Yeah I saw that note in the specs about makin em fit. Awfully expensive too. I'll make do with the stockers for now I guess. I wonder if they come with detailed instructions on where to dremel or do you just have to figure it out?
Old 06-05-2009, 07:57 PM
bluefisherking

Thanks again! Yeah I saw that note in the specs about makin em fit. Awfully expensive too. I'll make do with the stockers for now I guess. I wonder if they come with detailed instructions on where to dremel or do you just have to figure it out?
They didn't come with instructions when I got them, but it wasn't too hard to see that there wasn't a slot for the little upright bit of chassis to fit into, as you can see in these pics of the stock diff and the RCMdiff sitting on the chassis:

So you just have to do this:
BEFOREpic:

AFTER pic:

Old 06-06-2009, 02:08 AM
j-boy

Cool thats easy enough! And nice camera! Mine doesn't like to do real close up shots like that.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:00 PM
EReVoNuT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey guys, Any ideas on what way I should charge/balance my lipos. Series or parallel ? I have a thread open here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8813084/tm.htm

Old 06-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Metallover

J-boy, your camera should have a macro function on it.  It's a picture of a flower in a pot and it's found on most digitals.

Erevonut, It doesn't matter if you charge them in a series or parallel, but make sure you balance them together.  You'll need a balance adapter.

My 4s zippy flightmax 500mah 30c battery didn't fit in my battery compartments, so here's how I got it to fit.  I had not intention of using the battery in the truck, but it just worked out that way.  btw that's a tekno v3 battery tray and I need to get some real straps for it.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:57 PM
moparmyway

ORIGINAL: Metallover

J-boy, your camera should have a macro function on it. It's a picture of a flower in a pot and it's found on most digitals. Erevonut, It doesn't matter if you charge them in a series or parallel, but make sure you balance them together. You'll need a balance adapter. My 4s zippy flightmax 500mah 30c battery didn't fit in my battery compartments, so here's how I got it to fit. I had not intention of using the battery in the truck, but it just worked out that way. btw that's a tekno v3 battery tray and I need to get some real straps for it.

NICE motor

what is it ????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.