Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

THE Official Traxxas E-REVO Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 11:09 AM
Metallover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: THE Official Traxxas E-REVO Thread

Take a picture of the servo. It worked before you cut the wire, right?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Redvanmafia

that aluminum e-revo is $$$$$$$$$
Old 06-16-2009, 02:14 PM
patrick12186

ORIGINAL: Metallover

It was brand new (never used) before i cut it. It has the red, white and black cables going from the servo to the receiver and the black cable only has been cut completely through. Simple Example: _____ ______ (just like the line looks.sorry dont have my camera but figured that would be simple to understand)
Old 06-16-2009, 02:18 PM
patrick12186

ORIGINAL: Redvanmafia

Old 06-16-2009, 02:20 PM
patrick12186

ORIGINAL: Redvanmafia

Yea, it did cost me a pretty penny. I have put alot into it. I have lots of parts, extra sets of tires and bodies as well and all have yet to be used yet. waiting to get a bad***** servo for the steering and im good to
Old 06-16-2009, 10:34 PM
Metallover

ORIGINAL: patrick12186

It was brand new (never used) before i cut it. It has the red, white and black cables going from the servo to the receiver and the black cable only has been cut completely through. Simple Example: _____ ______ (just like the line looks.sorry dont have my camera but figured that would be simple to understand)
I want it.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:14 AM
patrick12186

I want it.

Igot no problem sending it to you. im not gonna need it. shoot me a message with an address to mail it to. It may take a week or 2 to get there since Iam currently in Iraq but it will get there.

Does anybody on this forum have any good input for a great steering servo to convert my e-revo to single servo steering?
Old 06-17-2009, 05:56 AM
traxxas4ever

Does anybody know if the brushless e revo comes with the castle link cables and software?
Old 06-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Metallover

I want it.

I got no problem sending it to you. im not gonna need it. shoot me a message with an address to mail it to. It may take a week or 2 to get there since I am currently in Iraq but it will get there.

Does anybody on this forum have any good input for a great steering servo to convert my e-revo to single servo steering?
Oh,you don't need to send it to me if youre in Iraq. That's too far. A servo I've had good luck with is the $8 HXT 12kg servo from hobbycity. They ship from china btw...
Old 06-17-2009, 10:18 AM
KRO

I want it.

Igot no problem sending it to you. im not gonna need it. shoot me a message with an address to mail it to. It may take a week or 2 to get there since Iam currently in Iraq but it will get there.

The JR 9100Tis a great servo for the E REVO , mine has taken countless hits and still works like new , and I can hold the front end all the way down and it will still turn the wheels quickly .

Old 06-17-2009, 01:09 PM
patrick12186

ORIGINAL: KRO

The JR 9100Tis a great servo for the E REVO , mine has taken countless hits and still works like new , and I can hold the front end all the way down and it will still turn the wheels quickly .

Thanks! I think I am going to get it but do i need any special receiver since it takes lipo voltage..I am currently running a spectrum dx2.0..
Can i just plug and go?
Old 06-18-2009, 02:04 AM
moparmyway

ORIGINAL: traxxas4ever

Does anybody know if the brushless e revo comes with the castle link cables and software?
DEFINATELYNOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just got mine a month or2 ago......................nothing in there like that !!

(If you get the Momba setup seperately, it will come in that box !!)
Old 06-23-2009, 06:51 PM
savyboy88

will titan 12turns work on an e revo or will the wires be to short to reach the esc
Old 06-25-2009, 11:41 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I am finally joining the ranks as a E-Revo owner. I am getting an E-Revo in trade tomorrow...............
Old 06-29-2009, 07:50 PM
moparmyway

I put a spool in the rear diff, and when I ran on 4s, everything was OK. Ran on 6s and my axles got tore up. Looks like the plastic housing (yoke) for the caps on the "U" joint by the diff ( not wheelside) melted and the universals ripped out on both rear axles. I just greased up Traxxas Metal axles. I am running the Traxxas extended rear arms in the 19mm position. Stock shafts from tranny to differentials, cant find any replacement shafts good enough to spend $$$ on. Anybody have any ideas where to get better driveshafts for front and rear transmission to differentials ????

Anybody have any problems with the Traxxas metal driveshafts ?????? (going from differentials to the wheels)
Old 06-29-2009, 08:02 PM
bluefisherking

ORIGINAL: moparmyway
... I am running the Traxxas extended rear arms in the 19mm position....
Anybody have any problems with the Traxxas metal driveshafts ?????? (going from differentials to the wheels)
I had no end of problems using the combination of the extended rear arms and Traxxas steel CVDs. Destroyed 10 stock diffs and 2 RCM hybrid buggy diffs. But the minute I went back to stock arms, the problems completely stopped. I really like the steel CVDs, and the work really well - with normal wheelbase arms. But I do not recommend using the extended ones with them.

ORIGINAL: moparmyway
Anybody have any ideas where to get better driveshafts for front and rear transmission to differentials ????
Kershaw designs centre dogbones:
http://204.186.93.64/E-Revo-CenterDogBone.htm
Old 07-07-2009, 09:21 PM
moore1
My Feedback: (27)

I just fired up my new BL E-REVO and took it for a spin with 2 - 3S5000 Lipos. Lightening fast. I made a mistake of slowing it down by slowly reversing it and all the sudden it stopped responding to the throttle forward/reverse. I opened it up to check the tension on the motor pinion against the drive gear and tightened it up with little tension. Now it drives fine forward and reverse, but it seems to be very LOUD when it rolls. Did something get broken or is it just me now? It makes a loud sorta clicking noise, but other than that it runs just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 07-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Metallover

Hard to tell from a description, but your gears could have worn/broken a tooth or two off causing the noises. You'll have to make the call yourself and look closely at the gears and spin them around in different ways to see if something isn't right.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:51 AM
traxxas4ever

mine does the same thing and it is brand spankin new. i heard the noise the second i turned it on and i now have about 3 runs through it without any problems.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:55 AM
moore1
My Feedback: (27)

I was worried since it stopped working and I had to adjust the motor mount adjustment screw to bring it closer. Perhaps doing the reverse kicked it loose. Other than that it works, just noisy is all.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:13 AM
sheik480

Anybody have thoughts on the new Maxamps lifepo4 batteries? I think they're overpriced ($270 +shipping for 6750mah and 9.9v), but might have some unseen benefits.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Metallover

No, anything maxamps is crap. The new packs aren't only overpriced, but they are using untested cells and their usual [not] matching technique. The constructions is probably horrid too. I'd stay away. The new LiPo packs are better. Check out hyperions G3 VX packs and Flightpower EONX packs.

Also, the thing about a123 or LiFe packs, is that they can't sustain a good voltage under load. They don't have much "punch" compared to Lipo packs. You need a new LiFe charger too.... Do yourself a favor and don't get those packs.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:50 PM
sheik480

Wait, how do you know they're un-tested/matched? Did you buy some?
Old 07-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Metallover

All maxamps packs are like that. One guy got a pack with two 4200 cells and four 4000mah cells. They take random cells and throw them together into a pack without testing or matching the cells.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:58 PM
sheik480

Is this from one guys singular experience, or your multiple experiences? I respect your advice, but I don't think one instance is enough to go off of.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.