Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Realflight G2 Nvidia Fix

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Realflight G2 Nvidia Fix

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 09:11 PM
chris100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Realflight G2 Nvidia Fix

Does anyone have the new patch for the Nvidia driver fix? I need a copy or a web adress to D-load it from. My G2 computer is not online and several emails to Tech support has gotten me nowhere. The patch is Version .592. Any help is great.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 12-17-2002, 10:07 PM
Splonky

Default here

http://knifeedge.infopop.net/2/OpenT...686#5323099686

read about it here. You have to first type a code into the tech support section of the software control panel. Then you can download the beta version (patch). I did it and it worked, just read the thread..

Splonky
Old 12-18-2002, 12:11 AM
chris100

My problem is Realflight is not installed on this computer. Its on a second computer that is not online. I cant do an online update. I have emailed them before and they sent me to a site where i could download the latest patch and manually install it. After 6 different emails to tech support, they still have not gave me a web address to get this new patch. I'm kinda upset that I pay so much for a GAME and cant even get the support i need to make it run correctly.
Old 12-18-2002, 12:15 AM
Splonky

Default well...

Sorry, but I think that your problem is not being online. The tech support is great, but it all works through the control panel and online updates. In this case you dont have what you need to be fully compatible with the product. If you were online you would be fine, but you are not so you cant update. I don't want people to get a bad impression of realflight because I feel the tech support is great, but yes, it is online. I hope you get something figured out.

Splonky
Old 12-18-2002, 12:30 AM
Cougar-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Default chris100

I fixed my NVIDIA by Removing it. and adding a G-Force 2 card for 39 bucks. all is good now..
Old 12-18-2002, 12:36 AM
chris100

Couger,

Nvidia are the people who make G-force cards. I also have a G-force 2 pro. The problem is with the drivers for the G-force cards. I can run realflight just fine if i install drivers that are about a year old. Unfortunately, G2 is not the only thing my other computer is used for and many of the programs on it benefit from the newer drivers.
Old 12-18-2002, 01:02 AM
Cougar-RCU

Default Chris

*oops* your right. I was thinking about that other brand that doesn't work. sorry about that.. maybe if I look around I can find my copy for you and mail it to you..
Or why couldn't a friend load the EXE file into a CD for you? from there home.. just a thought.. also do youhave DiretX 8.1 loaded as well?
Jeff
Old 12-18-2002, 01:07 AM
Cougar-RCU

I think that other card as I recall now was a raidon or somthing like that. all I know is the other card I had was a mess with G2.
G-force seems to be the ticket with g2 tho..
Old 12-18-2002, 01:07 AM
chris100

Couger,
I have DX 8.1. Getting the exe file is just what I'm trying to do. I was hoping someone here would have it and could E-mail it to me. I haven't thought about the guys at the field. I will have to ask around this weekend and see if anyone have RFG2.
Old 12-18-2002, 01:18 AM
Cougar-RCU

Default chris100

I tell you what TELL me what file and what link and I will upload it and email it to you..
Old 12-18-2002, 01:22 AM
Cougar-RCU

is this what you need> ???
GreatPlanesInstallationFix
I have it on my puter if thats what you need. but I would
need your email addy tho..
Old 12-18-2002, 01:33 AM
Cougar-RCU

Default Starting to understand

Yep I believe Splonky is correct. Looking around more at the G2 Site. there is no way of getting this file. it only Exe is self into your reg copy only on-line. Sorry for being so stupid. I guess I am WAY to Tierd tonight and haven't got in the middle of this *LOL* anyways if I can help in any way let me know via email I will ask around for you as well. Sorry for the mix up I AM GOING TO BED!
Jeff
Old 12-18-2002, 01:41 AM
chris100

Night Couger,

Thanks for the offer. You see, Realflight has helped me before in updating once. Usually, all i have to do is E-mail them and they will send me a Web address where i can D-load and manually install new patches. I just think the Tech support guy missed the fact that i cannot do an online update. I responded to my last email but have heard no response yet. If i do finally get it i will post it on this board for anyone else who needs it.