Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Custom paint masks for 1/5th scale

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Custom paint masks for 1/5th scale

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 10:10 AM
mooman007uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom paint masks for 1/5th scale

if you have no artistic talent but want a fancy paint job masks are the only option, however xxxmain and others don't make them for 1/5 scale and 1/8 masks tend to look a bit iddy biddy on our bigger shells.

I wanted scallops for my pyrad body but couldn't find owt that would work and if i tried to mask some up they'd end up looking like the inside of a raw scallop[sm=confused_smile.gif]...Max to the rescue at [link]http://www.maxmask-uk.co.uk/20.html[/link] i sent him a few pics I'd googled of kinda the look I wanted and some pics of the pyrad body...he drew up a few and pdf'ed them to me...so now I got a perfect set coming...$13 shipped[X(] unbeatable value in my book considering the time spent drawing and emailing back and forth etc.

So if you want custom masks to your specs give Max a shout...a godsend for the artistically challenged
Old 10-22-2010, 10:51 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Custom paint masks for 1/5th scale

Very nice, I consider myself artistically challenged, I like.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:21 AM
frumpy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Custom paint masks for 1/5th scale

I used this guys flame masks,good high quality masks....Highly Recommended AA++