Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

BAJA 5B No Battery

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 10:18 PM
scott huang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAJA 5B No Battery

Assembly baja 5 b testing 24 hours
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiBgqomUgtQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub_zI55I-6Y

Want to know the parts, please email us ([email protected]) Thank you!
http://app-04.myweb.hinet.net/discus...sp?uid=zpower4

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46750.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	1645861   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qm35744.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	1645862  
Old 08-08-2011, 12:50 AM
Mudgy

Default RE: BAJA 5B No Battery

Good idea!

So you made a mini alternator for a 2 stroke?
I don't see a bridge rectifier on the PCB.
How is the voltage regulated thru the rev range with no on board dc supply?
Is it a clean source of DC voltage? (no ripple)
I assume you were after output ov 6vDC?

not being a smart ass mate, just would like to know...I think it is a good idea all the same.[8D]
Old 08-08-2011, 02:13 AM
scott huang

Good idea!

So you made a mini alternator for a 2 stroke? (Yes! is a two-stroke engine. (For ZENOAH/CHUNG YANG/HSP)
I don't see a bridge rectifier on the PCB. (the PCB has rectifier IC)
How is the voltage regulated thru the rev range with no on board dc supply? (the PCB control)
Is it a clean source of DC voltage? (no ripple) (AC TO DC)
I assume you were after output ov 6vDC? (YES)

not being a smart ass mate, just would like to know...I think it is a good idea all the same
Old 08-08-2011, 02:40 AM
splcrazy

wheres the clutch going to go if you put a alternator in there? do you put the clutch infront of that ?
and what if i have i powered kill switch installed ? i have to turn the battery on so i get the green light and then i can start the 5b

plus guys he is saying there is NO BATTERY so its only working when the engine running to send power to the reciever , dont know if you could add a battery to this so the alternator maintains a charge to it , and hopefully it doesnt over charge it aswell .
Old 08-08-2011, 03:10 AM
splcrazy

he is a VERY smart person to make this very smart , but i dont understand the site is it taiwan or chinese? unfortunatley i dont understand any, only english . i watched the vids looks like it works very well the servos had plenty of fast steering power . id buy it for sure if someone would help him develop it into production and sell them at ddm , but i dont know about how this would work with a remote killerbee killswitch when the killswitch needs to be activated to start before the engine is even running ?
Old 08-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Whozenext

Hello Scott,
Very cool idea, So you replace the support of the arms clutch to put your stuff. So you could powered all the lights and also recharge the battery as well like a 1:1 car when the engine is running.
Do you want to produce and sell or just for the fun?
Cheers,
Whoz.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:41 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cant really read the site. You should incorporate a rectifier so a battery could be kept on board and charged. If the motor stalls out, you lose all power, which would be a bad thing with these heavy cars.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:46 AM
scott huang

wheres the clutch going to go if you put a alternator in there? (Please see the above picture)<o></o>

do you put the clutch infront of that ?( Consistent with the picture installation direction)<o></o>

and what if i have i powered kill switch installed ?( Do not understand)<o></o>

i have to turn the battery on so i get the green light and then i can start the 5b (After engine start, open the switch on the PCB, there is a power supply for use by the servo)<o></o>

plus guys he is saying there is NO BATTERY so its only working when the engine running to send power to the reciever , dont know if you could add a battery to this so the alternator maintains a charge to it , and hopefully it doesnt over charge it aswell .( Car batteries should be removed completely without batteries, the car can travel)<o></o>

Old 08-10-2011, 06:51 AM
scott huang

Hello Scott,<o></o>

Very cool idea, So you replace the support of the arms clutch to put your stuff. So you could powered all the lights and also recharge the battery as well like a 1:1 car when the engine is running.<o></o>

Do you want to produce and sell or just for the fun?<o></o>

Cheers,<o></o>

Whoz. <o></o>

Yes, as is the structure of a real car!<o></o>

Old 08-10-2011, 06:57 AM
scott huang

I cant really read the site. You should incorporate a rectifier so a battery could be kept on board and charged. If the motor stalls out, you lose all power, which would be a bad thing with these heavy cars
Ships can also theoretically installed! Course on PCB rectifier. Engine speed stability, tank oil case, power is no problem!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:05 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: scott huang

I cant really read the site. You should incorporate a rectifier so a battery could be kept on board and charged. If the motor stalls out, you lose all power, which would be a bad thing with these heavy cars
Ships can also theoretically installed! Course on PCB rectifier. Engine speed stability, tank oil case, power is no problem!
Well I know power is no problem... but what if the engine or runs out of fuel while the car is moving? Then you have a very heavy car that you cant steer or stop.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:45 PM
scott huang

Communicating a concept, I hope you can agree with. Effect of control protection is:
A-when no signal
B-low battery.
Both reasons constitutes, the car will stop, right?
Engine start normally, try to sucker you get up and let it absorb into the air, engine is out of control at this time, even control protection is useless!
So I emphasize the engine speed to be stabilized and fuel tank to keep the oil! I hope you can understand! Thank you ~
Old 08-11-2011, 12:30 AM
splcrazy

lol , the killer bee kill switch needs to be turned on first by a battery , then the engine can be started , if there is no power to the kill switch the engine will not start in the first place .
Old 08-11-2011, 03:58 AM
scott huang

Well I know power is no problem... but what if the engine or runs out of fuel while the car is moving? Then you have a very heavy car that you cant steer or stop.
PCB rectifiers feature, of course!
This body can replace the battery, charger, why would I need a battery? I tested for 24 hours.
Without this body car without oil case, you can ensure the engine is not out of it?
In other words, no oil engine will runaway!
Old 08-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you use Google Translator here? I am just asking. I know i am from Norway, but i don't really get the hold of what you are saying here. Once again; the kill switch from [link=http://www.killerrc.com/products/gas_killswitch.php]Killer RC[/link] (and also other manufacturers) will need battery power to let the engine start. This switch will not open the circuit without being switched on first, therefor it need a battery to do this. The alternator can not do this as it doesn't give any power before the engine is in motion.

Not trying to make a fool out of you, but with the language barriers in mind here i came to think of Chris Tucker in Rush Hour;
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-twUCEfzrDk[/youtube]
Old 08-11-2011, 04:50 PM
splcrazy

lol so plain and simple this setup won't work if you have a killer bee killswitch , that's what I been trying to tell him
Old 08-11-2011, 08:56 PM
scott huang

Do you use Google Translator here? I am just asking. I know i am from Norway, but i don't really get the hold of what you are saying here. Once again; the kill switch from Killer RC (and also other manufacturers) will need battery power to let the engine start. This switch will not open the circuit without being switched on first, therefor it need a battery to do this. The alternator can not do this as it doesn't give any power before the engine is in motion.

Not trying to make a fool out of you, but with the language barriers in mind here i came to think of Chris Tucker in Rush Hour;

Haha, you are very worry about Mo!
I like you, if you like this product!
I am willing to give you a set.
Yes, I will not English, so is google translation.
Many people ask, why not increase the battery pcb! The body can replace the battery, charger,
Please tell me, why install the battery on the pcb!
Old 08-12-2011, 03:10 AM
splcrazy

ä½ é–‹é—œæœƒä¸å·¥ä½œ,我們有動力殺æ*»é–‹é—œå ®‰è£,殺æ*»é–‹é—œéœ€è¦å•Ÿå‹•äº†ä¸€å€‹é›»æ± ç¬¬ä¸ €,æˆ‘å€‘å¾—åˆ°ä¸€å€‹ç¶ ç‡ˆ,éš»æœ‰åˆ°é‚£æ™‚æˆ‘å€‘èƒ ½å¤ 開始的baja5bã€ä½ 開關隻有工作,如果 我們æ±æœ‰ä¸€å€‹é 程殺æ*»é–‹é—œ,æ˜¯ç‚ºä»€éº¼å ®ƒå°‡æœƒæ›´å¥½,如果您的è¨*備都åƒä¸€å€‹äº¤æµ ç™¼é›»æ©ŸåŠ ä¸Šä¸€å€‹æ©Ÿé›»æ± åƒä¸€å€‹çœŸæ*£è»Š, 我們還是è¦æœ‰ä¸€å€‹é›»æ± è£ç½®,使其他è¨*å ‚™,如一個é 程殺æ*»é–‹é—œå·¥ä½œ

your switch will not work when we have powered kill switch installed , the kill switch needs to be activated by a battery first so we get a green light and only then we are able to start the baja 5b , your switch will only work if we dont have a remote kill switch , thats why it would be better if your device worked like an alternator with the addition of an onboard battery like a real car, we still have to have a battery installed to make other devices like a remote kill switch work
Old 08-12-2011, 10:32 PM
scott huang

Further parameters to provide to members for reference:
Engine idling speed (3500~4000rpm): 7.6V/1.15A
Engine speed (18000~19000rpm): 44V/10A
Power so plenty of cases, the car can be controlled.
I did not consider it necessary to increase the battery on the PCB!, it is superfluous!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:04 AM
hands without shadows

If engine stall, we no can steer. Car crash into children and hurt.

Need battery to steer in case engine stall. Safety.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:17 PM
scott huang

Installed batteries are also possible!
Old 08-18-2011, 01:33 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: scott huang

Installed batteries are also possible!
Bingo, but I can't believe you guys (not you scott, the other guys) didn't realise this from the start, pretty obvious.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:53 AM
splcrazy

lol so i can still install the battery and run this unit ? will the unit overcharge the battery ? how mucha you a sella thisa one here , you sell this a one on a ebay to make sale more easy for me , me nota speakada chinese
Old 08-18-2011, 05:53 AM
scott huang

Written in Chinese so I don't understand you!
After some time, will see on eBay!