Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

HPI Baja Buggy!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 08:26 PM
TurtleRacing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI Baja Buggy!!!!

If you weren't such a hypocrit you'd use your radio controlled mad name on the other board, but you won't cause you know right were you'd go if you did. I also did not give myself that title,the forum gave me that title,but it's just like a child like you to bring something like that up.

"i have yet to see you post one single thing in this thread about the hpi good points" you say the same thing time after time,it's old,your Baja bashing is old. You or your little brother haven't come up with one legitimit thing about it that is truely bad,only in your own mind & that's only because if you can't see it's benefit then it cannot exist.

"I dont care what the Baja 5bs price is, it is far superior in design to everything else out there. I can justify the extra $$$ for a far better design than FG can muster. Its nice having the HPI Baja forum, where we can talk about the Baja in peace without all the FG fanboys crapping on perfectly legitimate threads... "

This guy is GREAT!! Right to the point, RCM, why don't you quit being bashfull & show yourself on the other forum,I already know who you are, why don't you make it official!! Nobody said they didn't want constructive critisism, but you 2 are just out to pound anybody that likes the baja, period. That's all you 2 are about. Neither one of you have made any valid points about anything wrong with it,none,you think in your own mind you have because who in the world could know more then the great Mad Smax & rcm?? You beat up on people like HPI Staff & RamTech, or Baja 5B all the time for any little thing you can,make accusations, little digs then get offended when somebody bags on your little FGs.

That strappin explosives statement is about the stupidist most childish thing I've ever heard anybody say, that must be part of that constructive critisism you & your little brother keep bragging about.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:26 PM
Canadian_RC
Banned

If it goes up to $2000 - $3000 then I will not buy it, but I know that it will not sell for that price, as HPI would never sell a single one if it did. HPI has a reputation for building durable, quality products, and this buggy has been tested in real world environments for 18 months, it is going to be good. Look at the Savage, many people bought the very first version of it (me included), were skeptical since it was a new design from a manufacturer who had not produced an MT in the past, and the initial version turned out to have very little issues. HPI would not release this buggy if they had no confidence instilled in it. It is going to absolutely whoop the FG vehicles, the design for one is modern, while the FG design is 10+ years old. Just by looking at the pre-production pics you can tell that it is a superior design to that of FG and its clones.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:30 PM
Canadian_RC
Banned

Turtle - well put. I know you from HPIBajaForum, my name on there is Baja.[8D]
Old 12-08-2005, 08:40 PM
Canadian_RC
Banned

ORIGINAL: HPI Staff

ORIGINAL: radio_controlled_mad

why build a offroader that you cant fit a tuned pipe from the start or hydro / cable brakes OF ANY MAKE or run extra servos ect,as well as the engine position - changing these to accomadate these parts would not compromised the design what so ever but it does give hpi the monopoly on all the option parts dont it- i have had a look at the 100 pics you suggested on the hpi website,99% of them is close up on purple nuts and bolts and other anodised wotnots,i prob will sell well and as it does look cosmeticly good- i noticed you read the posts but are very selective on what you answer and pick up on - when i made the tamiya remark i also commented about the brakes,engine & servo tray,i dont see you answering that in a hurry - £750 and it comes with a chung yuang engine - bargain

"fur coat and no knickers"
I already said that we will have a tuned pipe and brakes, and as you can see from the video the Baja 5B has excellent power and brakes in completely stock form. There are already companies making option parts and others who will start as soon as they get one. HPI will definitely not have a monopoly on the option parts. Actually, we encourage other companies to make parts for our vehicles because it adds variety for consumers.

Our web page for the Baja 5B has views from nearly every angle, I'm not sure why you think that 99% are close-ups of nuts and bolts. If you have a request for something specific that we haven't shown yet, let me know and I'll try to add more photos.

$900 and it comes with engine, FM radio with heavy-duty servo and failsafe, 2000mah receiver pack, AC charger, viscous differential, beadlock wheels, 4mm alloy chassis, preassembled, painted body, water resistant servos and radio box, threaded alloy coilover shocks, realistic looks - bargain indeed.
Now thats what I call getting TOLD!
Old 12-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IF I RECALL CORRECTLY, there were a few warnings posted on this thread already. What's that red print above the message box again...
Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks.
If things are heating up, take a break. There is also the block button and the simple fact that certain threads can be ignored. If certain members don't plan on purchasing a Baja5, why bother posting on this thread? If it is to harass and flame other members--there are rules against that. It's really quite simple--no one is forcing anyone to purchase the HPI Baja Buggy just like no one is forcing anyone to purchase any RC car or post on this thread.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:33 PM
gonsped69
My Feedback: (6)

Everyone take the chill pill

Let's not speculate what price the Baja comes out with - ignore whatever price Tower is advertising.

All we know is its an outstanding buggy with - adhering to HPI's current pricing strategy - good value for money with very sharp looks. HPI has not dissapointed us before (except for that HPI Dash ) and they would put considerably effort to make their entry in the large scale world as loud as possible.

Let's just wait a little while until the production units arrive
Old 12-08-2005, 10:47 PM
USABaja5B

Mad Wax, great rules.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:00 AM
radio_controlled_mad

ORIGINAL: TurtleRacing

If you weren't such a hypocrit you'd use your radio controlled mad name on the other board
you aint seen my name on hpi foum as i aint a reg user - and why would i want to be part of a site that all posts say "we love the baja" - the 10 reg users there can talk about that in piece were nothing neg is allowed to be said - so i dont really care if im not allowed to join your fan club [] do they give you stickers and jelly & ice cream...this forum (rcu) is for all views and users not just one and when some ones views differ im capable of listening without a flaming response so i dont feel the need to join another forum afterall its only a TOY CAR - you,ramtech and now baja5 from the hpi forum still cant add some constructive comments on its good points - looks good,viscous diff and what else exactly..3 hpi forum members posting & between them they cant posts what changes hpi have made to the toy car even though they and others rcu members have been asked for an extra $200 to buy it - even more of a joke is one is selling them (ramtech) - one is hpi site admin (baja 5) and the other is the 5th scale king who dont own any.... between them they still dont know what the reworked baja consists of even though they are seller,buyer or admin.all you posts are snide personell comments not even releated to the baja - you use this forum to talk about it - so talk....your lack of knowedge in the product you buy,sell,support,endorse shows in the way you reply back to posts - the only activity you add to this thread is flames

was my question what changes have hpi made in its reworked version and why the price increase so hard to answer you had to spit your dummys out - do you not know ramtech as most reputable sellers should know about any products there selling - do you know baja5 as hpi site admin - or you turtle as such a supporter who is putting money in - tell me what your buying or what changes have been made....i would hope your not just buying into a advertising picture - not a hard question is it..ecspecially for those who have pre-orders

baja5 and turtle if YOU keep comparing it with fg in your posts then take a look in fgs 200 page catlogue it may even get rid of your fg hangups......not much of a comparison is it.....but it looks good

atleast its the right time of year for 3 wise men
Old 12-09-2005, 05:09 AM
TurtleRacing

If things are heating up, take a break. There is also the block button and the simple fact that certain threads can be ignored. If certain members don't plan on purchasing a Baja5, why bother posting on this thread? If it is to harass and flame other members--there are rules against that. It's really quite simple--no one is forcing anyone to purchase the HPI Baja Buggy just like no one is forcing anyone to purchase any RC car or post on this thread.

What part of this did you not understand?? Oh, the same part you didn't understand right from the beginning!!!Get a clue,you don't like it,you have no intention of buying it,all you want to do is flame it,go away!! You are knocking the other forum because we want to talk about it in peace,yet you're more then happy to go there,pull quotes from there,you sir are a first class,grade A hypocrit!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 05:18 AM
TurtleRacing

FG is nothing but an old HAS BEEN!! JUnk,JUNK,Junk. FG is for little girls on sunday drives & that's if you install everything on all 200 pages!!Especially if you spend $6000 on one,then it is expensive JUNK!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 05:45 AM
radio_controlled_mad

FG is nothing but an old HAS BEEN!! JUnk,JUNK,Junk. FG is for little girls on sunday drives & that's if you install everything on all 200 pages!!Especially if you spend $6000 on one,then it is expensive JUNK!!!

still finding it hard to answer simple question.....

what changes have hpi made in its reworked version and why the price increase

Our staff at HPI Racing is looking forward to an exciting beginning in 2006! The Hellfire and Baja are on track to be released early next year.

Through testing we have encountered some parts that needed to be improved. These improvements will strengthen both platforms and help ensure a long product life, but these new parts mean the cost of each kit has increased. Please take note of the new retail prices for both the Baja #10600 and Hellfire #10500.

#10600 Baja – Retail price = $1,879.00

#10500 Hellfire – Retail price = $1,179.00
Old 12-09-2005, 05:50 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

The Traxxas Revo was listed on tower at $899 before it came out. The Traxxas Jato was $599 I believe. Both prices did not hold come release time. It's not out yet pricing by the manufacture hasn't been set. Honestly also so what if it's $1000 if it's durable who cares. FG's aren't cheap either but they sure are alot more durable than Smartech/XTM/Carson and Firehammers. It's why the price is more for those, its called craftsmanship. If your in this hobby to be thrifty your in the wrong hobby. I can fly a plane with a $150 engine....sure it'll fly...will it be fun? Sure if you enjoy going around in circle's...I toss a $400 engine on that same plane it become's fun and enjoyable....that's what the hobby's about...you make it what you make it...wanna be cheap...you can be...want to go all out you can do that also. Some guy's run CY engines here....other's Zenoah's...some tuned pipes and other hopup's some don't...some here collect large scale rc's that they never use and I'm sure pay a rather large amount of money for them....it's all good.....it's a hobby and should be treated as one. I personally put out over $600 in repairs to a XTM large scale buggy and it still tear's the pinion gear right off after 2-3 runs, and god forbid the wheel's leave the ground it breaks so easy you'd think it was made from eggshell's. But I don't care....shortly I'll be running it over and using it as a ramp with my new FG.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:58 AM
radio_controlled_mad

was just intrested in what changes hpi had made - the priceing has always been a steady £750 in the uk - germany has 999euro without radio gear and the priceing at tower would been of more of a intrest to the guys in the usa on pre-order more so as its going up - i know nothing sells for rrp...i would of just like to known what was reworked by hpi...seemed a simple/reasonable question to ask
Old 12-09-2005, 06:01 AM
badz

Wondering myself what they've reworked on it. Hopefully come's with steel gears...them damn plastic's are always a problem. Be nice too if it had a tuned pipe out of the box, but maybe that's pushing things...
Old 12-09-2005, 06:01 AM
RC Collector

ORIGINAL: badz

The Traxxas Revo was listed on tower at $699 before it came out. The Traxxas Jato was $599 I believe. Both prices did not hold come release time. It's not out yet pricing by the manufacture hasn't been set.
Tower took a calculated risk when they took the pre-orders. Since there was no disclaimer issued by Tower when they quoted the initial price, they are legally obligated to honor it. All you have to do is make a big fuss. Sounds like it would be worth it.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:06 AM
Mad Wax

With comments like those it is pretty obvious you're not a regular customer but a seller of HPI products. I've seen your type of routine on other forums.[:@][:@]
Old 12-09-2005, 06:11 AM
RC Collector

Meanwhile, all you can do is wank about driving yours. Choke that monkey.

Old 12-09-2005, 06:17 AM
radio_controlled_mad

ORIGINAL: RC Collector

ORIGINAL: badz

The Traxxas Revo was listed on tower at $699 before it came out. The Traxxas Jato was $599 I believe. Both prices did not hold come release time. It's not out yet pricing by the manufacture hasn't been set.
Tower took a calculated risk when they took the pre-orders. Since there was no disclaimer issued by Tower when they quoted the initial price, they are legally obligated to honor it. All you have to do is make a big fuss. Sounds like it would be worth it.
a few of the pre-order guys say they have phoned or been phoned from tower - they were told there not going to honour any price under $1024 as it was a hpi price increase.... like you say they would be legally obliged to sell the price the customers were quoted....and yes turtle i would of been intrested in buying one DEPENDING on what had been re-worked and final price - thats why i asked
Old 12-09-2005, 06:22 AM
badz

PRICE AND/OR DESCRIPTION CHANGES

All prices, pictures and descriptions on this site and all other Tower Hobbies publications are subject to change. Tower Hobbies maintains no responsibility for inadvertent errors. In the event of typographical errors on our site or in our publications, Tower Hobbies reserves the right to cancel or refuse orders at its sole discretion. Please contact us within 30 days regarding price or promotion discrepancies.

Your probably right they would honor the original price if released price is higher. I never pre-order anything so not sure about how it works. Worth a shot I'd say for those who did pre-order.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:33 AM
fgbasher
My Feedback: (10)

Tower hobbies does this all the time and nobody ever does anything about it. This is one of the reasons why Kyosho dumped them as a distributor. They list a price at a very low price before anything is released. Then when they finally receive the product, the price jumps up and you have a choice to either pay that price or order it somewhere else. This is a scam they have been doing for years.
I have had it happen all the time with the trintiy products. They would list a price on their website that was basically dealer cost. Everyone would call me saying can you beat tower's price. When tower actually would get the product (usually a week after I already had them) they would increase the price. They do it all the time, don't beleive me just track something that is not out yet that they have listed now and then look at the price when it becomes available.

Tower hobbies is cheap because they are actually Great Planes which is a distributor. They have both ends of the market and they are deceiving, that is why Kyosho dropped them here in the US. I would not be suprised to see other companies dropping them too.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:37 AM
radio_controlled_mad

rcnuts it was your post i was refering to - the email/letter from your supplier giving the new costing #10600 Baja – Retail price = $1,879.00 can you tell from that alone roughly what the relese price will be or is it to ealry to say!!! - it seems the usa price in your quote is more inline with uk and europe if they dropped the rrp down by $200 - $300
Old 12-09-2005, 06:44 AM
J_D

calm down ladies - just wait until its realeased, then you'll know for sure
Old 12-09-2005, 06:50 AM
Mad Wax

rcnutshobbies, DVD Soon had similar but more honest tactic before they went splat, but they honoured the price.

At the pre-order time- say 3 months before release- DVD Soon list the price and for considerbly less than anywhere else (say 40-50% discount) Usually free postage also.
You actually paid upfront at the time of order, not the time of release.
As the DVD release date got closer the price usually went up, and after release stayed with little discount (ie 5%) until the sales.
However once the DVD title was released you were not asked for the difference in price, they would just sent the DVD out.

I've dealt with this company for a while, good about 2 years ago but within the last year really really slow and not issuing refunds on already placed orders/store credit so spotted something was up. I only dealt with this company because of DVD boxsets with the discount went under the VAT limit so huge saving in C&E charges per order, and they charge sensible postage prices compared to others.

Not RC related
Old 12-09-2005, 06:57 AM
TurtleRacing

I'd rather wait for a good product then drive an old worn out out dated peace of junk!!!
Who cares what they changed,they will let us know when ready,rcm if you would have kept quoting the other forum you'd see that the HPI employee is going to try to find out what the changes were,don't worry about it,you have no intention of buying one anyhow,it's just another one of your crutches to lean on.

I have actually decided to buy an FG!!!!I'm going to give it to my 8 year old nephew to show him the old ways & give him a learner vehicle!!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 07:02 AM
J_D

thats a lot of money to spend on an 8 year old...

i bet your missus wouldn't be too happy about that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.