Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

HPI Baja Buggy!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 12:25 PM
TurtleRacing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI Baja Buggy!!!!

Only if you were lucky
Old 12-09-2005, 12:35 PM
hellya

I hope you wernt refering to me
Old 12-09-2005, 12:36 PM
p113

ORIGINAL: radio_controlled_mad

ORIGINAL: Baja5b

RC Mad you have a wonderful imagination. I am not the admin, and if you could actually READ, you would know that Ramtech already stated that he doesnt sell them! FG is old, and outdated, its time for a new and better design. You keep asking "what makes it better, blah blah blah" why dont you look on the HPI website at the design pictures. It is instantly obvious that the HPI design is FAR better than the FG design. Like turtle said, old, outdated, junk.
what do you have now that us better - ramtech is going to be selling them unless he tells lies in his other posts...turtle if you have all those qualifications get a job instead of living in this thread....baja5 - go and drive your picture around a field
have to agree radio controlled mad it ammazis me how people can judge that somethingis better by picturees and saying that the FG is crap well what the hell do u have thats so much better
Old 12-09-2005, 12:38 PM
radio_controlled_mad

ORIGINAL: hellya

I hope you wernt refering to me
lol - i was refering to turtle making toilets...there might be a demand for them in around 2 months to flush some big terds
Old 12-09-2005, 12:39 PM
No Moa
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: amitysanimal

OH YEH...MY Daddy can beat up your Daddy.......

This is just all too funny.

ROFL
Old 12-09-2005, 12:39 PM
USABaja5B

Like I have said before, I won't be selling the Baja buggy. I may be selling Rims or Hop-ups, if I feel there is a need for them, and my outsource shop has the time to do them.

Get back on topic, or close this mess. Trashing threads only happens when the mods don't keep control. Especially for a truck that isn't on the streets yet.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:41 PM
p113

i ahte it when mods close threads just as the fun starts uually its nice to go off topic sometimes and have a little rant
Old 12-09-2005, 12:42 PM
radio_controlled_mad

ORIGINAL: RAMTech-RC

Like I have said before, I won't be selling the Baja buggy. I may be selling Rims or Hop-ups, if I feel there is a need for them, and my outsource shop has the time to do them.

Get back on topic, or close this mess. Trashing threads only happens when the mods don't keep control. Especially for a truck that isn't on the streets yet.

i agree - but i think you should be aiming that in the direction of turtle and baja5.......or take some of your own advice when your calling plp punks in your posts.....
Old 12-09-2005, 01:00 PM
USABaja5B

The big problem is the Buzz started way too early. There really isn't much to talk about, since none us of really know that much about it. Pictures and videos are greazt, but until my 10 year old gets some drive time, I won't know if its better or not. This baja will be a big seller, no matter what 50 of us think on this forum. There is a huge market in the US for something like this, just due to the HPI marketing and distribution channels. 95% of the people that have them on pre-order won't visit this site or any other forum. Most of them never even heard of FG in the states. Marketing is a big issue, and HPI does it right. Good or bad, this is going to change the industry, and all of us will benefit.

I really don't care which is better, but I do care that HPI is going to be in my garage to replace the Monster Beetle I sold. It would have been nice to keep both, but I only have a finite amount of space.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:29 PM
jimbo1890

Untill this thing is released and independently reviewed, You guys are all just pissing into the wind.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:11 PM
gonsped69
My Feedback: (6)

........where the wind is blowing back against you?
Old 12-09-2005, 07:59 PM
obi_wan

Well, I've been trolling this board for a while and finally decided to throw in my two cents worth. First, I have had several nitro trucks starting with a tmaxx, an ofna monster truck, savage and a monster gt. I bought an FG marder beetle about a year and a half ago because I was tired of tuning nitro engines all the time. I saw the marder beetle at a local hobby shop and thought it was pretty cool, so I had the guy order me one. My first impression of FG as a company wasn't very impressive when I opened the box looking for the instruction book...I mean really, what a joke!! I'm mechanically inclined so tearing the thing apart and putting it back together really wasn't a problem, but it sure is easier with a nice manual. My other concern with the marder is the open gears on the diff and the layshaft, sorry but thats the worst design in the world for an offroad vehicle. My next problem with FG is the 4wd issue. One of the reasons I bought the marder besides it being the most affordable 1/5 scale at the time is I saw that FG was coming out with a 4wd conversion. I know alot of people don't like 4wd but I do, I mainly just bash the crap out of any r/c car I own. FG had the 4wd conversion in thier catalogue at the time I bought my marder beetle, a year and a half later...still no 4wd conversion! Getting back to the manual, it really sucks when you call up an internet hobby store to order a part and they ask you what the partner # is, and you're like I don't know because I can't read the numbers on this crappy photo copy page I have. I do like my marder and I converted it to a monster beetle, but I think FG is really resting on thier success without any real competition to drive them to improve thier cars. While I like my marder, I think it is definately an outdated design and could be improved. I personally have had a savage and I was really impressed with the construction of the savage. When they first came out I thought they seemed kinda cheap, but when I saw one for the first time in a hobby shop I ended up buying one because it looked like it could take a real beating. I was definately right, I have this need to jump my r/c cars from dirt mounds..the higher the better. I typically managed to find at least 6' mounds to jump my savage from. The most damage I ever did to my savage was bend the shock shafts and smash the engine head due to crappy landings of my own fault. Yes, I think the Baja 5b will be a good car due to the way it is constructed.. I like the closed diff the closed pinion and spur gear as well as the closed radio tray. It also seems to me the roll bar on the 5b would offer better protection for the spark plug having the metal plate over it. I definately like the fact that hpi includes beadlock wheels on the car...thats awesome! There are other reasons I like the car as well and don't feel listing them all...see the hpi website! My other and probably one of the most important reasons for hoping the Baja 5b is successful is the parts support. HPI is a really well known brand all over the world and hobby shops in the U.S. carry hpi parts as well as many internet shops too.

What parts have been changed on the Baja 5b that the HPI staff mentions, nobody knows except the HPI staff...so we'll find out when they decide to tell us.

Now for the negative of the Baja 5b for myself anyway: 2 wheel drive, I want my 4wd and so I will keep driving my marder for the time being till I get tired of it or a 4wd comes out that is a good product

btw, as it has been stated many times by RAmtech himself: he does not sell cars nor does he have any plans too..read his previous posts again.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:34 PM
jimbo1890

........where the wind is blowing back against you?
exactly[8D]
Old 12-09-2005, 08:47 PM
subarubrat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"It's why the price is more for those, its called craftsmanship. If your in this hobby to be thrifty your in the wrong hobby. I can fly a plane with a $150 engine....sure it'll fly...will it be fun? Sure if you enjoy going around in circle's...I toss a $400 engine on that same plane it become's fun and enjoyable....that's what the hobby's about..."

I have spent my thousands on stuff, just recently got a King Hauler and optioned it out, about $1,200. But paying more is sometimes just paying for hype and status and that is just dumb. Example: Fugi will sell you a 4 stroke gasser for about $800. For $100 I bought a Honda GX31 (there is also a 25 and 35cc) and another $55 for a prop adapter and motor mount. The Honda yeilds the same thrust, can be mounted inverted and will probably prove to be more durable. It hauls my Rascal 110 around the sky just fine with no bad manners. The Fuji does not perform better and costs almost $650 more! Sometimes it isn't craftsmanship, it is just a rip off.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:02 PM
Lightfoot

It amazes me that so many people can get so worked up over a product that for all practical purposes does not even exist at this point. There is one group who will argue that it is the best thing to ever hit the market while the other insists that it appears to be a poor design. If the debate could have stayed within those boundaries, everything would have been fine but that has not been the case. Moderators have continually cleaned up the thread to eliminate the bashing members. Numerous warnings have been inserted in the thread but apparently the warnings have been ignored. Apparently this issue is more about bashing that it is about debating. That goes against the tenets on which RCU was founded.

I have personally placed two warnings within this thread and have sent warnings to members about their contributions to the bashing. This is my third and final warning, you are welcome to state your opinion of a product and but not to bash another member. If anyone should decide to open another thread on this topic, the same rules will apply but the moderators are not obligated to keep cleaning up the thread. It can be removed as soon as it starts along the path that this one has taken.