Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Nutech Thunderbolt II - Out of the box pics.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Nutech Thunderbolt II - Out of the box pics.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 06:03 AM
dimag093

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nutech Thunderbolt II - Out of the box pics.

ORIGINAL: Foxy

All that remains is a final paragraph
A final paragraph for me will be at least 500 words, don't worry. Also, I had its predecessor, so I know how it drives. The main thing about this car is the design improvements that have been made that don't need to be driven to be appreciated. I can't add much more about how it runs, unless it breaks. But I will give a detailed review on all aspects, including how it runs. Also, if it breaks badly just after the review is finished or something, I do have the ability to update the review.

RCU reviews are done in sections, with the 'running' being the last section. Poor choice of words I suppose, the text isn't completely finished, but nearly.

It will get a good run, then it will be flown through the air multiple times. If it lands on its roof, so be it.
Take your time mate and dazzle us once more with a detailed review[8D]
Tb2 looks promising
Old 04-11-2009, 12:49 PM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dimag093

All that remains is a final paragraph
A final paragraph for me will be at least 500 words, don't worry. Also, I had its predecessor, so I know how it drives. The main thing about this car is the design improvements that have been made that don't need to be driven to be appreciated. I can't add much more about how it runs, unless it breaks. But I will give a detailed review on all aspects, including how it runs. Also, if it breaks badly just after the review is finished or something, I do have the ability to update the review.

RCU reviews are done in sections, with the 'running' being the last section. Poor choice of words I suppose, the text isn't completely finished, but nearly.

It will get a good run, then it will be flown through the air multiple times. If it lands on its roof, so be it.
Take your time mate and dazzle us once more with a detailed review[8D]
Tb2 looks promising
Yeah and let us know the MPH. Thanks
Old 04-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Nutech GmbH

Holy Moly!!!

I've been working on the review today and taking some pics, and I just had to share this with you guys... Although I had never had a problem with them, the original Thunderbolt cast alloy steering blocks had gained a reputation for breaking too easily... I was not aware that this was something that had been addressed in the TB2, but apparently it has... Look what I found when I removed the front wheel! Photos can't convey the awesomeness of these steering blocks... They look like a $50 plus CNC option part, check it out... [X(]
Yes, CNC made
Old 04-13-2009, 07:49 AM
mikeinoz

I filled the centre diff on mine with 50 000wt diff oil and fitted a rhino servo for steering (the stocker is plenty strong i just stripped the servo horn and couldnt find another that fitted!) and fitted a 29cc headkit (mine was a 23cc version didn't know they came as 26cc till later).
The diff oil made a noticable difference (and didnt leak at all so excellent work in that department Mr Nutech!) and the car handled the extra herbs no problem. I'm liking this buggy a lot
Old 04-14-2009, 08:33 AM
Nutech GmbH

ORIGINAL: mikeinoz

I have just fitted up a Carson Titan pipe, fitted well just had to drill a hole for the front mount.
I also brought the fuel pickup to the back of the tank by pulling the fuel tube thru the grommet, then cut of the excess hose so the fuel should be easier for the carby to suck in.
Hi Mike,

This is our tune pipe for Thunderbolt 2.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj24126.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	1180166  
Old 04-14-2009, 03:55 PM
puff

where can i get the t-bolt?
Old 04-20-2009, 06:08 PM
grfilipp

any updates on the review?
Old 04-21-2009, 04:26 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK, I'm back!!

Still just a few final words and a video to do, I will do my best to get it done in the evenings this week, but it may be the weekend. It all depends on the cameraman! I'm impatient now myself!
Old 04-21-2009, 09:21 AM
fourwheeler

This thing is looking interesting...looking forward to your review Foxy.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:36 AM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Nutech GmbH

ORIGINAL: mikeinoz

I have just fitted up a Carson Titan pipe, fitted well just had to drill a hole for the front mount.
I also brought the fuel pickup to the back of the tank by pulling the fuel tube thru the grommet, then cut of the excess hose so the fuel should be easier for the carby to suck in.
Hi Mike,

This is our tune pipe for Thunderbolt 2.
FOXY 1 this is the AMERICAN RED WOLF.............DO YOU READ ME.........we need test also wit dee above pipe........DIS IS DEE AMERICAN RED WOLF over and out
Old 04-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Foxy

Not a problem RED WOLF!

Chris (Nutech) is testing it at the moment, but I understand one is coming my way in the not too distant future, along with some of the hop ups. Of course these will be tested separate to the review of the RTR.

Foxy out...

PS. Your next post is your 1000th, don't waste it.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Nutech GmbH

Oh, you are back, Foxy.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:09 PM
puff

http://www.engagerc.com/servlet/the-...hNutech/Detail

mr. nutech,
are these guys real? are they your dealer?
Old 04-23-2009, 03:00 AM
Foxy

Engagerc is real, however it is not an official nutech partner, just a box shifter like all the others. I wouldn't buy one just yet, as the design is likely to be altered in some small but significant ways in the next few weeks. Specifically, there is a weakness with the battery box in my model which Nutech is currently trying to address. Other minor changes may be made as well, especially in the electrics department. Also consider that there will soon exist other options too, such as one with a 2.4Ghz radio, and perhaps a version with some options as standard (for a little more cash of course). Wait until it's properly 'out there' if you're interested, you may find places that will offer more than just the cheapest price.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:32 AM
Nutech GmbH

New color.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47326.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	1186755   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48179.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1186756  
Old 04-25-2009, 03:45 AM
Foxy

That looks good as well. May I suggest you ask them to bring the black paint fade at the rear, a bit further forward, like the blue one.

I'm getting ready to go out and take the video right now. Nearly there guys! Thanks for your patience.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:10 AM
rc rock

am i the only one that liked the looks of the tb1 better???[8D]
Old 04-25-2009, 06:56 AM
grfilipp

i think so.
the old one is better when you bash as the top is the roll cage, the new is great but if you have a bad moment then the top of the body is going to pay for it.
it looks better in my opinion always.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:30 AM
Foxy

Well, it was a bit of a disaster today, truth told. I went to a place where a lot of RCs run, and the 27mhz band of my TB2 radio was occupied by another model. I had no choice but to install a set of spektrum electronics (DX3 and SR3000). After that, it was great! For a while...

Toward the end of the second tank, while everyone was setting up their cameras, I spotted a nice mound of dirt that would make a good jump. I went for it. The mound was a very bad shape, and the car flipped several times, I was sure it would be badly damaged. The only thing I did was strip the steering servo horn (note to nutech... too much weight for a standard servo AND a plastic horn. Go for either a large scale servo with a plastic horn, or a standard servo with an alloy horn, it's gonna be the only way). I was impressed to be honest, because it was a very heavy impact. I didn't have any other servo horns (I had brought a spare servo, a hitec 5745, but I forgot to bring the alloy horn for it!!!), so that was that for today.

Other things of note... the battery box had opened during the impact as I predicted it would, it is the only negative thing about the car, apart from the electronics. I will be zip tying it from now on, until Nutech come up with a better solution. Um... Oh yeh, I shjould have checked, but I was surprised at one point, when I realised the engine was bogging, so I brought it in and the spark plug was loose... That's it for the mishaps.

As for the way it drives, it was absolutely unbelievable. I was grinning ear to ear as I drifted it around this dirt parking lot, it's very controllable, the out of the box setup is very neutral and easy to handle, the brakes are outstanding, locking all four wheels easily on asphalt, and producing a VERY satisfying and loud screech, just like a 1:1 car. The tires as before are great on all surfaces. It's the viscous diffs that really make the difference to the handling, and although they don't come with silicone from the factory, they do have a heavy grease inside. I'd say it's equivalent to about a 30,000 silicone in there, and it works great. I'll fix it up tonight and tomorrow, and hopefully will still be able to finish the review tomorrow, but no promises.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:41 PM
tom111

Is the TB2 available in shops? I couldn’t find it anywhere… When? Where? How much?
Old 04-25-2009, 02:01 PM
hellya

Not available for retail sales yet still being reviewed....

I hope parts support come alot quicker than with the first model............I still can not get parts to my original T-bolt so it sits on a shelf[:@]
Old 04-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Nutech GmbH

Our production of Thunderbolt 2 will start beginning of May.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:43 AM
Nutech GmbH

We have already prepared plenty of stock for replacement and up grade parts. if you need some parts of TB1 please contact us, we can arrange for you.

[email protected]
Old 04-27-2009, 07:48 AM
mikeinoz

ORIGINAL: tom111

Is the TB2 available in shops? I couldn’t find it anywhere… When? Where? How much?
PSR will be selling, distributing them in Australia. We have plenty of parts coming with the first shipment for those unavoidables!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:30 AM
tom111

Great, May is next week! I am looking forward to get one of these...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.