Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Nutech Thunderbolt II - Out of the box pics.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Nutech Thunderbolt II - Out of the box pics.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 08:37 AM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nutech Thunderbolt II - Out of the box pics.

ORIGINAL: puff

where can i get the t-bolt?
http://w.mawebcenters.com/JHCHobby/e...kVH3Ys0QjvnZs=

The wheel drive looks different then any thing I have seen. In the picture of the front knuckles Foxy posted looks square. Are you going to have to only use Nutech wheels? If so I am sure sooner or later someone will come up with a adapter.

My main concern is I race on a LOW budget and JHC is clear on the other side of the country and parts availability is a concern. Being they are the USA importer for Nutech hopefully they will be selling to other online shops.

The only thing I like about the Red Cat over Nutech is parts are more readily available. Hopefully this will change.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:03 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those JHC pics are prototype shots, this car cannot be bought yet. The design isn't even finalised until next week. That's why I and a couple of select others have one, to help solve any small teething issues, of which there are a couple, so I hope for their sake that nobody bought one yet..

Parts and options supply will NOT be a problem this time around, I personally guarantee it. Nutech is not Smartech any more, and their philosophy is totally different.

There will be other and/or more US dealers, of that you can be sure. The wheels are FG type squares, and you will have a MASSIVE selection of off road wheels and tires from all the manufacturers that make for the FG 1/6th and 1/5th.

If you are seriously planning on racing it, and as you said you have time to save, then wait for the Pro version of the TB2, which will be a 99% CNC alloy kit (like an FG competition) which must be assembled, and half the price of other full alloy racing vehicles. Should be supplied with a Zenoah 26cc engine too, a steel vented clutch bell, and a lauterbacher 3-shoe adjustable racing clutch. I will be racing one of these as well.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:42 AM
46u

The more I hear about JHC the less likely I will do any business with them. This is not good for Nutech what so ever here in the states!!!!!!! [X(] They claim it is all ready in stock pictures are all wrong I emailed them got a recite where they read my email and no reply so far I have to wonder what is up!!!!!!! As well as the problems others are having.

90% of the time when I am running a RC it is on the track normally either practicing or racing. The other 10% is normally breaking in engines, testing or making set up changes.

Thanks Foxy for the information.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:29 PM
hellya

Couple of questions I just got to ask you Foxy..... do the steal drive gears still make that obsene constant jingly noise??

Is there still play in the clutch bell drive gear?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6wcXIJhGuw

What tunepipe will work...only the Carson side pipe like before ??
Old 04-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Foxy

It still jingles, probably worse than ever, but that's an unavoidable side effect of the thin, flat cut gears. If you take them off and ding them together, they produce a pitch perfect note, like a tuning fork. To be honest, I'm starting to like this, gives the cars character. I'd miss it if it didn't sing to me.

There is less play in the drive gear, but still a touch, it's a side effect of the way they are connected to the shaft. It's perfectly acceptable though.

Tuned pipes, well, the Carson will work, but will need major body butchering, and Nutech will bring one out very soon, a dual exit rear mounted aluminum pipe, I believe, well enclosed in the new rear rollcage/bumper area, ala Baja 5b. X-can is also an option of course.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: 46u

The more I hear about JHC the less likely I will do any business with them. This is not good for Nutech what so ever here in the states!!!!!!! [X(] They claim it is all ready in stock pictures are all wrong I emailed them got a recite where they read my email and no reply so far I have to wonder what is up!!!!!!! As well as the problems others are having.

90% of the time when I am running a RC it is on the track normally either practicing or racing. The other 10% is normally breaking in engines, testing or making set up changes.

Thanks Foxy for the information.
JHC aren't a bad company, it's just that their focus is not on large scale radio control cars. There will be other distributors and dealers in the US soon, don't worry.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:06 PM
46u

Foxy have you had a dealings with JHC? I ran my own business for over 13 years and maybe I am just from the old school but to me service means more then anything. In there defense there BBB rating is good.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Foxy

I don't have any personal experience with them, but honestly, I wouldn't have any issues ordering from them.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:21 PM
dc2 man
Banned

so overall foxy what would you rate this machine so far out of the box 1 to 10.....?

do you like it so far?
Old 04-27-2009, 03:24 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: Foxy

I don't have any personal experience with them, but honestly, I wouldn't have any issues ordering from them.
Lest see if I get a reply to the email I sent and know they read as I have a receipt that it was read.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: dc2 man

so overall foxy what would you rate this machine so far out of the box 1 to 10.....?

do you like it so far?
It wouldn't really be fair to say until the design is finalised and the review is finished. The review is temporarily on hold, as there is a problem with the radio box, which Nutech is working on. That's the benefit of having the product tested by expert hobbyists before actually selling it.

I will tell you this though... Never before has so much been offered for so little. This will be an excellent car, and not just at it's price point, an excellent car full stop. when I droive it properly the other day it was astonishing. The handling is great, 4 wheel drifting, loved it, was whizzing it around with a big grin on my face. Til I overcooked that jump and didn't have a spare servo horn.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:34 PM
dc2 man
Banned

ohh sorry about actually i meant to say what way would you rate it so far...

sounds good,the four wheel drive looks fairly solid in them.actually they look like a solid machine all in all. i am looking forward to hearing you thoughts on the diffs on each end.

man i hate when servo horns strip..ahhhh so anoying. i use alloy ones now always.

dc2
Old 04-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Steve-at-fullthrottle

Hi all,
I will be testing this kit in the UK and recieved mine this weekend, Foxy please feel free to contact me via my e-mail to dicuss anything regarding this product. Any reccomendations / tips etc, The sample I have has a 23cc CY engine installed, I am already informed that the tank is fixed ( though mine has a early mould test version fitted) and new material with a higher glassfibre content has been specified for the soft radio box. I have been in RC at top level for many years in several classes and undertake R+D and test many products in the UK, just never run 5th scale, I should get to run it in tomorrow afternoon and I'm looking forward to getting to grips with the beast.

Steve
Old 04-27-2009, 07:26 PM
46u

Well I received a reply to my email from JHC and it did not do a very good job of answering my questions and did not answer a lot of them. Sure hope someone else will be selling these in the USA or I will not be buying one. Good service will get my business faster then anything.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:08 PM
pwaicon

ORIGINAL: 46u

Well I received a reply to my email from JHC and it did not do a very good job of answering my questions and did not answer a lot of them. Sure hope someone else will be selling these in the USA or I will not be buying one. Good service will get my business faster then anything.
I will have to agree with you on JHC. I sure hope Nutech gets another US distributor and soon. I was really close to getting the TB2 but decided to order some spare parts for my Titan to test out their customer service. All the parts I ordered were listed in stock on their web site and I was also told when I called to place my order the parts were in stock. I placed the order on 4/7 and I have still not received the parts. I called them last Friday to find out the parts were never sent. I was told they would go out that day and I would receive an email with a confirmation number and of course I never received an email or the parts. I only live about 80 miles form their warehouse, so I would hate to see how long the parts would take to get if I lived in another state. I sure hope Foxy is right and Nutech is working on getting another US distributor, hopefully one that will focus on 5th scale RC.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:41 PM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like they have come a long way.

Darin
Old 04-27-2009, 10:16 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm really liking this buggy, I'm sure one will weasel it's way into my collection
Old 04-29-2009, 01:06 AM
grfilipp

tick tack tick tack.

it is really hard to wait.
this buggy is what every titan(like me) and tb1 owner ever wanted i guess.
i just want to see how good it is as many of the improved parts looks like they fit the older cars.
an upgrade kit would be nice like the one MCD makes for their cars
Old 04-29-2009, 05:40 AM
Steve-at-fullthrottle

Well, mine ran for the first time last night, just one full tank of oil rich fuel for the break in process, then it rained, so another tank for break in this afternoon and then race fuel and tuning.

First impressions:

This being my first foray into LSOR 5th scale,( I have tested/driven several on-road 5th (never raced one though)) and having watched many vids online to guage it's intended performance I must say I am impressed!!!!!

The one I have has a 23cc CY engine in and thought it may feel a bit lumbering, yet no, it feels quite nimble in the power and handling dept and the clutch/engine seem well suited a little understeering but reasonable balanced for a box stock set-up, as mentioned before I am only running the engine in at present but I'm looking forward to tuning it for race tune.

I'll keep you guys posted as I progress.
Steve
Old 04-29-2009, 09:39 PM
mradlin

Sounds good Steve!! I can't wait until mine arrives. I'm looking forward to some runtime!!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:45 AM
vertigo performance

This car won't need an upgrade kit. Already out of the box it rises above the MCD in quality and price. My EVO III has tiny planetary diff gears, non sealed. The TB II has sealed diffs with big spider gears. I will get mine back out this week for another ride, at this point I am really liking it and there are a few companies in the USA vying for distribution. Canada and Australia are taken care of, not sure what is happening in Europe yet but the USA I think you will find reputable companies will be getting the rights.
I forgot to mention, I ordered the 26cc and love it. All the models coming into Canada will only be available with 26cc engines.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Nutech GmbH

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Not a problem RED WOLF!

Chris (Nutech) is testing it at the moment, but I understand one is coming my way in the not too distant future, along with some of the hop ups. Of course these will be tested separate to the review of the RTR.

Foxy out...

PS. Your next post is your 1000th, don't waste it.
This pipe is finished , can send you a sample for testing
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87687.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	1195483  
Old 05-10-2009, 09:50 AM
mradlin

The pipe looks really good.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Croozer
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: vertigo performance

This car won't need an upgrade kit. Already out of the box it rises above the MCD in quality and price.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:59 AM
aluminum crusher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI ALL did I missed the video or something.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.