Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Banana Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 03:37 PM
saj1225

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banana Hobby

Hello Everybody

My name is Scott and my Wife purchased a Lynx 380XL electric Helicopter from Banana Hobby.com. Boy was that a mistake!!! I live in Indiana which the weather has been crummy for the past couple of months. Just yesterday It was warm enough for me to go outside to try it out, that was a bigtime laugh. I unfortunately found out it had a faulty receiver, man am I ticked, their website said that you only have 30 day to return merchandise upon their approval ofcourse. I tried to call them after e-mailing them and they don't answer their telephone, they are worthless in my opinion. It was stated in the email that I sent them that I did not find this out until 2 months after the purchase date. My telephone number was on the email for repsonse ofcourse but they will probably figure they screwed me and laugh it off. I am just going to tell anyone who is considering the purchase of a RC Helicopter beware of Banana Hobby. This Helicopter was purchased for me as a Birthday gift - oooohhhh boy -Happy Birthday!!!! - Also I would like to add they have a rep with the BBB of California - under Elite Hobby. I have not got a chance to tell my Wife yet, man is she going to be............
Old 03-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Missileman

Default RE: Banana Hobby

I don't doubt bad service. I have never dealt with this company but there are alot of fly by night vendors on the net.
In the mean time why do you say the RX is bad? What is it doing? Are you new to electric rc stuff? Helis? Maybe we can get you in the air.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:17 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

That's a pretty weird name to use for a hobby store anyways.. [sm=75_75.gif]

What is the problem, exactly with the RX? Could it not just be maybe a damaged crystal, antenna routing issues, etc?
Old 03-25-2007, 01:40 PM
saj1225

I have never flown an rc helicopter. The only reason I chose to purchase it on the internet is that the local hobby shop Phils don't carry hardly anything. They only offer like 3 or 4 electric rc's and their prices are a bit high. Do either of you know about the Ikarus Eco 8 electric helicopter kit? What it includes ? Because it is a very large 3D helicopter that is suppose to be incredibly easy to fly even for beginners or rookies like me- lol.........
Old 03-25-2007, 01:45 PM
saj1225

This Rc Helicopter has a bad receiver as per what I was told by a local RC Dealer. The red light on the receiver just keeps blinking red and does not change to green. I was able to get them to swap it out thank god - Shewwwwwww!!!!!
Old 03-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Missileman

I have an ECO 8. It is OK for learning and sport flying with all stock equipment. If you want more out of it than that be prepared to invest major cash on upgrades. (RADDs flight instruction is a very popular method of learning and it is an ECO 8 he uses)
Helihobby has an all inclusive package for $575. Add another $100 to that for setup tools and misc. items. I would imagine your local hobby shop should be somewhere inline with that price.
http://www.helihobby.com/html/eco_el...er_produc.html
Old 03-25-2007, 08:18 PM
saj1225

Hello Missleman

Did you receive my message? I sent you a message earlier explaining what was wrong with this RC Helicopter. Did you receive my message? I also could not help but notice you have an Ikarus eco-8. What all did you get with the kit, if ti was not complete how much extra did you have to spend and what did you have to buy? Please help me out!
I am a rookie at helicopter flying, I could not help but notice that all sites that sell the Eco -8 kit say its for beginners or experienced flyers.

Thank you

saj 1226
Old 03-29-2007, 06:04 AM
Heli007

They don't answer there phones or e-mails either, I would stay away from them. Jimmi[8D]
Old 08-24-2007, 10:07 AM
ejpat1925

Thats funny BH is a topic. I just for the first time yesterday I met someone who got a Jet from BH that was the first time hearing the name banana hobby.A flier come to the field with a very nice looking Jet with a ducted fan and he was a beginner .He was told it was for beginners and cost $300.00 RTF.(NEVER TRUST A TRANSMITTER SOLD WITH A RTF kit)They all belong in that box of goodies you never use call TRASH !!! Well the jet was a real nice looking plan while it was in his hand no need to say more.They sold a plan that was not for beginners. The JET was barred that day REST IN PEACE JET(nice jet!)I will let you all know if a free replacement is given .
Old 08-24-2007, 10:20 AM
crashn_bernstein

Dont have a Lynx myself, but if its like the Walkera#4 and others (BCP, BCPP, Falcon40) with respect to the RX, please note:

In order for the RX (and internal ESC) to arm the throttle lever and TRIM must be full down. Does not make sense to put the trim all the way down, but that is what is required. It has stung alot of people who thought that the RX (and/or) TX was dead, but was infact the RX(and esc) not arming. Do your servos work, just not throttle?

May or may not help, just thought I would mention it.

Michael
USHobbySupply.com
Old 09-16-2007, 07:16 PM
crgonzalez08

I did business with banana hobbies too. ITS A BIG MISTAKE !!!!!!! I have never seen a product of worse quality, and the DO NOT ANSWER PHONES OR EMAILS, I think will be a good idea to let everybody know that this company really sucks !!!!!!
Old 09-18-2007, 10:12 PM
olflight

Saj,

Just read your postt now.
I am in Ft Wayne if you wanna talk..I too bougfht a HBK2 and have had a blast with it.
Email me if you have questions.

[email protected]
Old 09-19-2007, 10:36 PM
mocars2

I just went to Bananahobbies.com - it's not a site a foward from someone who bought the domain - what's the site you guys are talking about?
Old 09-29-2007, 06:01 AM
JoeRex

THIS HOBBY WEB-STORE, BANANA HOBBY IS CURRENTLY UNDER INVESTIGATION BY THE FBI ( iC3.gov) iINTRENET CRIME DIVISION.
THEY SEND USED PRODUCTS AS NEW.
IT IS A IN HOME BUISNESS RUN BY "TOM". HE SENT ME A BOAT THAT OBVIOUSLY HAD BEEN USED.
SCREWHEADS WERE RUSTED AND STRIPPED. NOTHING WORKED ON IT. THE BOAT FACTORY BOX WASS TORN AND HEL TOGETHER BT SCOTCH TAPE.
TO BE SAFE DO NOT BUY ANY HOBBY7 SUPPLIES FROM CALIFORNIA. ALL THE SITES KNOW EACH OTHER AND ARE CHINNESSE WHO CANT SPERAK ENGLISH.

HERE ARE SEVERAL MORE TO AVOID ... TREND TIMES, THEY SEND WRONG PRODICTS AND THEN DO NOT REFUND.
HOBBY7 E STORE.COM. SELLING DEFECTIVE MERCHANDISE, AND FAILURE TO ISSUE RMA#S FOR RETURN,
HOBBYTRON.COM ... WILL CONFIRM PART IS IN STOCK AND 10 DAYS LATER TELL YOU IT IS BACK ORDERED.

I USE RC HOBBIES, AND TOWER HOBBIES FOR MY NEES ON-LINE.

JOE'S HOBBY OUTLET

TREASURE ISLAND, FLORIDA
Old 10-22-2007, 06:28 AM
jerryboy111

ORIGINAL: JoeRex

THIS HOBBY WEB-STORE, BANANA HOBBY IS CURRENTLY UNDER INVESTIGATION BY THE FBI ( iC3.gov) iINTRENET CRIME DIVISION.
THEY SEND USED PRODUCTS AS NEW.
IT IS A IN HOME BUISNESS RUN BY "TOM". HE SENT ME A BOAT THAT OBVIOUSLY HAD BEEN USED.
SCREWHEADS WERE RUSTED AND STRIPPED. NOTHING WORKED ON IT. THE BOAT FACTORY BOX WASS TORN AND HEL TOGETHER BT SCOTCH TAPE.
TO BE SAFE DO NOT BUY ANY HOBBY7 SUPPLIES FROM CALIFORNIA. ALL THE SITES KNOW EACH OTHER AND ARE CHINNESSE WHO CANT SPERAK ENGLISH.

HERE ARE SEVERAL MORE TO AVOID ... TREND TIMES, THEY SEND WRONG PRODICTS AND THEN DO NOT REFUND.
HOBBY7 E STORE.COM. SELLING DEFECTIVE MERCHANDISE, AND FAILURE TO ISSUE RMA#S FOR RETURN,
HOBBYTRON.COM ... WILL CONFIRM PART IS IN STOCK AND 10 DAYS LATER TELL YOU IT IS BACK ORDERED.

I USE RC HOBBIES, AND TOWER HOBBIES FOR MY NEES ON-LINE.

JOE'S HOBBY OUTLET

TREASURE ISLAND, FLORIDA
bananahobby is TERRIBLE that i only want to eat apples and oranges nowadays. if you havent heard, i bought like $400 of helicopter and parts from them around spring of this year and boy did i get screwed by them. what they sent me was a pile of junks that did not work from head to toe. i called and called and called and never got anyone to help me. all they did was avoid the issue while i had days of sleepless nights to get my issue resolved. finally i decided to force the returns so i sent them back all the junks expecting them to see it and refund to my credit card. but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. No refund and i was out $400 + around $20 certified postage to send it back. what makes it more painful was that i worked the whole summer to make $1000 and yet, i blew almsot half to these jerks.

my friend recommended me to raidentech and this guy norman and paul are very helpful. their phones are always busy though but at least if u keep trying, someone will eventually pick up your call and take care of you. so far i havent had any problem with them but now i only place order over the phone with norman because he is truely helpful (although i think many of the things he says dont make much sense but funny)

jerry boy
Old 10-22-2007, 07:15 AM
Bugzilla

So the moral of the story is, STAY AWAY FROM BANANA HOBBIES!!! I first heard of them about a year ago on this site, what I heard was not good then, and I have not a single good thing about them since. Tower Hobbies, RCandMe, Horizon Hobby, EHirobo, and Helihobby seem to come pretty well recomended, and I will personally vouch for Tower and Horizon. I use them almost exclusivly. I say almost because I am about to get a few things from ehirobo that the other sites don't carry for my heli. Someone should put together a list of known sites to stay away from, and spread it around....just a thought.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:22 AM
USHobbySupply

Yes, whats the issue with the RX, or heli in general?

If its flyable, the folks here will get you in the air (piloting skills not included).
Old 10-31-2007, 12:34 PM
civichb98

I've been using HeliDirect for years and they have great service. I new something was up with bannahobby.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:19 AM
rh8807

My first purchase was also from banana hobby, I originally bought the honeybee 4 ch from them, it was all messed up, the gain screw on the 4 in 1 looked like it was already chewed up, I think they sent me what someone else returned, they approved the rma, I sent it back and they kept feeding me a story, out of stock, then after a month the said they shipped the replacement, it never came, then they said it was held up by customs...Uhggg, after about 6 weeks, I left a message saying if I didnt get something soon I was calling my attorney!! I said if they didnt have the 4 ch, then upgrade me to the 6 ch but send something ASAP! I was pissed. He called me back (I think cause I said the word attorney), but anyway, he upgraded me to the 6 channel, I had to pay the difference, he should of upgraded me for free for the hassle, but at that point I just wanted my helicopter.

the 6 ch arrived and it was fine, but that was my first and last experience with bananahobby.com

If you call them after hours, after 5pm pacific time, they will answer, cause I think they work out of there house. Here is the number for bananahobby that I was able to reach them on. you gotta call and keep calling, they dont read or respond to email. 626-285-9800 threaten to call an attorney, it worked for me, I actually did call an attorney, but didnt end up using them, just mentioning attorney got there attention.

there are many trusted quality websites out there, a few I have bought from without any problems are
www.hobby-estore.com good for parts fast shipping
www.slickzero.com good prices on parts, alot of arf's a couple rtfs standard shipping on any item is only $1.95
www.bphobbies.com low proces on shipping 6.95 and they give you a $5 discount on all items over $100.

I know what you are dealing with, bananahobby.com was a big headache for me as well. :-)

Old 11-01-2007, 03:04 PM
El Esmeril207PR

Guys !I don't even know any of you, I'm serching and analyzing everything about helis ,because I want to start with the hobby,I already was tempt with Bananahobby and chat with carrie Lau from them, and with this post you are my just new best friends ,almost family!
I almost decide for a Belt CP carbon edition from RChelicoptershop.com but still looking for options that I can find parts and fuselages to upgrade it.I'm Form PR so it feels like more difficult to make any claims for damages or something else.I would like to know any review for walkera,copter x,raptor g2 or others because all of them are new to me .I dont even start flying so I'm more than non-expert!
Old 11-01-2007, 04:58 PM
belloq

Ever since RaidenTech (and XHeli) have been taken over by nitroplanes, they seem to have pretty good service and really good shipping performance (usually ship same day you order). They are west coast and if you call, they are most available after 5PM pacific. I've ordered a couple helis and various parts at different times and have never, in the last two months, received anything incorrectly. Raidentech coupon CJFREESHIPPING will get you free UPS ground over $50, too.

For you, El Esmeril207PR, they don't carry the Belt CP Carbon.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:49 PM
El Esmeril207PR

I just fund a deal in RC-Expert for a TREX450 S with everything to fly it for $479.99!even with the Airwolf fuselage that I want and even with the "tri blades"of carbon and also has the two blades header thing.it is to good to be truth?
What has my concern is that I have to builded my self, but My fear is about the TX and RX pairing or setting( pitch and stuff I never done) I built rc truggies from scratch but this add another dimension to the hobby !I have no Idea of waht to do. It is kind of pricey for me but
if some one explain to me step by step about the TXRX I buy it!
If some one has some opinion I love to read it I have a week and half till I can do the purchase.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:54 PM
heliaction

Do not buy from [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5416030/mpage_1/key_rc-expert/tm.htm]Rc-expert[/link].
Old 11-02-2007, 05:44 AM
El Esmeril207PR

why not? it is too good right!
Old 11-02-2007, 05:01 PM
Druss

well, not to disrupt the bananahobby bashing here but I received my order from them and beyond the fact that it took them 5 days before it shipped everything arrived as described. new condition and nothing missing. I don't like the fact that it took them so long to ship but i've had that from other venders before.

i'm not making any comments on them as a shop as a whole only that I got what i ordered as described. i actually only ordered from them because they were the only US shop that I could find to have the belt cp carbon in stock. i usually order most of my stuff from helidirect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.