Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Quick 60 Pro & HHI - Anyone have any experience?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Quick 60 Pro & HHI - Anyone have any experience?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2002, 11:14 PM
KingAirJockey
Banned
My Feedback: (-2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick 60 Pro & HHI - Anyone have any experience?

Also,I just edited my post in arf forum ,I should no have worded it the way I did.We actually had a amusing time bargaining and didnt want it to come off the way it was taken.
Now I'm recieving emails about why I edited my post,well guess what,thats the great thing about a free country.
Old 02-27-2002, 11:24 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

and i though my mom would be upset at finding out i play piano at a *****house. poor jon<G>
Old 02-28-2002, 08:59 AM
gjsinke

For Jon and/or Irwin...Let's get back to the original post. I'm glad to see you here. Now...tell me why I should fly the Quick as opposed to a similar model (aka Fury). You are the pro's here and I want you to convince me the Quick is better. Here's your chance to truly 'share your wares'. I am convinced there are those who will not do business with you...I remain open as I have no direct negative exposure, and I never intended to start a thread to flame anone anywhere about anything (unless truly deserved)! Barring catastrophic events, will I be able to buy replacement parts 2-3 years from now? The Bottom line...why should I fly your heli (Quick Pro 60)? I need your professional, albeit biased, basis why I would invest in your replacement parts. Miniature Aircraft has done an excellant job of convincing me...now it's your turn! Please post it here.

Sincerely,

Jim Sinke

PS...I'll take one of the Corsair ARF's at the show price (since I regretfully missed Toledo) (Thanks to KingAirJockey)(AND I"LL PAY THE SHIPPING!!) email me with your response re: show price!
Old 02-28-2002, 10:48 AM
TampaRCGuy
My Feedback: (282)

Default HHI

Jim, I think you should reread all the private emails you received regarding this subject. Don't get sucked in.
Old 02-28-2002, 11:34 AM
gjsinke

echapkis,
I find it amazing that you sell QWW merchandise on your website. Sucking in is not something I will ever succumb too! Let the man say his peace. BTW...'I have been warned' is subject to scrutiny. I AM LOOKING FOR EVIDENCE ON A PARTICULAR MODEL...if you don't want to do business with this guy, then so be it!! I am looking for objective points of view of a particular model...biased or not. All input is welcomed.
Jim
Old 02-28-2002, 11:40 AM
TampaRCGuy

Default HHI

I terminated my business with Irwin 2 weeks ago. I heard all the BS about him prior, but figured as a dealer he can't pull that stuff. Well he did, I wouldn't put up with it. All my Quick stuff is just about gone. My part of this thread is now complete. My chest is clear that I warned you about him, modeler to modeler. The choice is now yours. Good luck with whatever you choose.
Old 03-01-2002, 03:30 AM
JonYuhas

First I'd like to say to Mr. Chapkis, please do not attack us as we what the bs is and would be more than happy to let everyone know what our side is.

As for the reason why one should fly a Quick 60 as opposed to something else that is available. Almost all the 60s out today fly great and will do anything you want it to, so why should you choose the Q60? Well, our parts are all machined aluminum. Most parts are 2000 series aluminum which is some of the highest quality available and all our items are made from first generation aluminum (non-recycled). All high speed bearings are Japanese; we don't use Chinese where ever it could make a difference. We use thrust bearings on each blade grip and the main shaft. All of our replacement parts are very economical when the inevitable dumb-thumb happens. In the end, probably the most important factor is that our helicopter has a low parts count and is a simple design making it very easy to work on/repair.
Old 03-01-2002, 02:10 PM
DavidH

I don't see you telling all these pilots in the ARF forum how great the Giant Scale Planes are that they are complaining about. Looks to be no less that 20 to 30 posts complaining about them.

David
Old 03-01-2002, 03:38 PM
howardm4
My Feedback: (1)

I bailed when I had a TSK and ordered some
parts including ball links that were clearly
counterfeit and low quality (Irwin: 'We make them for TSK';
Silas: 'He's lying') and the conversation that went: 'I want a Hatori
muffler', 'why not use the HHI', 'I dont want
to', 'we dont have the Hatori'. Or the
always popular 'We've been selling them
for years and no one has ever had that
problem. It must be your fault'.

F. that. There's nothing these jokers have
that can't be obtained elsewhere w/
less grief.
Old 03-02-2002, 01:20 PM
JonYuhas

I have to agree with Scotty on this, all I'm trying to do is answer a
question and what do I get in response? More attacks. I'd like to take the opportunity to answer the post though. I have had both mufflers Hatori and our own QWW mufflers and they both work just fine. The Hatori may in fact be a slightly better muffler, but for the price you can't beat the QWW. If you do not want our muffler when you order a kit, no one is going to not sell you the kit because you don't want our muffler. As far as ball ends go, we do not counterfeit ball ends. We order them from Japan. We don't even mold them ourselves. In the future we may make our own, but in the past we most certainly did not. The only ball ends we ever had here besides TSK ball ends were Niftec ball ends which we do not make, we buy these. Also, Irwin wouldn't have told you that we make the ball ends for TSK, the thing that we made for TSK that people didn't seem to believe is the carbon
frame sets. In fact we make carbon frames for a few different people. Scotty, if this is what we have to do here to clear the air about all these issues and accusations, then that's what we'll do. We are not going to sit idly by and let people trash our name any longer.

Sincerely,
Jon Yuhas
Quick Worldwide
Old 03-02-2002, 02:06 PM
howardm4

OK, this is a waste of time. I know what
I experienced on the phone w/ Mr. S and
what bits of fantasy and hyperbole where
thrown my way and you do not.

Funny though that the 'we make them for
TSK' links:

1. Came in an HHI package
2. had the 'TSK' logo incorrectly molded in
3. fit so loosely compared to the kit that they were unusable
4. the US importer (Silas) said they were faked.

Everyone else who has had problems or
negative experiences must all be sharing
a collective dream.

HHI doesn't sit idly by; they trash their own name with their business behavior. Do you think
there is some magic conspiracy in the
heli community where we all got together
and said 'lets trash HHI' or do you think maybe
all the people HHI has screwed over the years have finally connected and become vocal?

How come HHI can't use the word 'Shuttle'
anymore in their ads? That pesky lawsuit
where they got caught shortcircuiting the
legal importer and Altech went after HHI?

Respond or not. It doesn't matter.
Old 03-02-2002, 04:31 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still have some of those ersatz TSK links. They are exactly as Howard stated. And Irwin also told me that HHI "made them for TSK". That was BEFORE he knew I had met and talked with Silas.

Jon, nobody is "attacking" you or HHI/GSP/whatever. We're relating personal experience. As far as "no longer sitting idly by and letting people trash our name", you're not successfully defending that name with easily-refutable statements like "Irwin wouldn't have told you..." He told LOTS of folks that exact thing.

Yes, you guys made/make the carbon frames. I bought three TSK kits from HHI, all with carbon frames. One set was perfect, one was so-so, and one had some major problems on two pieces- which Irwin refused to replace.

Do you REALLY think that all the negative comments that have been made don't have any foundation? Do you REALLY think that we write these things just for the hell of it? There are people out here who know many things about your company- things I'm sure Irwin would rather not become public knowledge. I'll be interested to hear your response to Howard's question re the word Shuttle. Be careful how you answer; like I said, there are those who know the truth.

Howard is right; it doesn't matter. You guys will survive, and life will go on. I'm done with this; it just isn't worth any more time and/or heartburn. I'm partucularly amazed at those guys who seem determined to ignore the convincing evidence here. That's cool; they can just learn the hard way, like so many of us before had to.

Steve
Old 03-03-2002, 09:41 PM
gjsinke

Wow...this has been a great thread...thanks to RCU for keeping it open. Although I still haven't seen any comparisons to the Fury, I believe I have a Quick 60 Pro for sale!! (Sad) After checking the used one I bought, (2 months old - only 4 hovers) I found some of the ball bearings to have definite 'flat' spots in them. As well the clutch bell wobbles and has a bearing noise. Too bad...other than that it seems to be a very nice machine. I wonder...is this heli still under warranty? I checked the used Shuttle I bought (many more fights on it) and the bearings are smooth as a baby's bottom. As I said before quality and longevity are concerns of mine (as well as integrity). Thanks for everyones input.

Jim
Old 03-04-2002, 12:17 AM
DavidH

Jim,
I hate you had to do your research thru spending your money.
Maybe it will all work out for you some how.

David
Old 03-04-2002, 01:43 AM
gjsinke

David,
Thanks, but I actually bought the Quick before I started this thread, that's why I was looking for info. No fear however...I got a great deal on it and can't get hurt (fortunately). I can't buy the OS61, the 8UHS, the 401/9253 etc. (all very new condition) for what I paid for the whole Quick set-up. Anyway, I'm off to learn to hover with the shuttle. I enjoyed meeting you at Hodges and hope to see you in Bham.
Jim
Old 03-04-2002, 03:22 AM
gwright

I'd always been nice to Irwin, even bought some things from him occassionally at events/toledo/etc. . I like to make my own judgements of people, and even though I'd heard all the horror stories, I never saw any problem with him, but after finding out about him copying my swash interaction guage (NOT a leveling guage as he calls it,..just shows his ignorance, doesn't even know what it's really used for),.. He'll never get a cent from me again.
Old 03-04-2002, 06:25 PM
Flying-Cowboy

I just had a problem with HHI about two weeks ago. I ordered a set of 3 booms for a nexus that was crashed along with a bunch of other things and they took forever getting here andwhen I did recieve them the booms were not in the package so I called them up and they said they were on back order. I was pissed off nobody called me and told me so, I was really waiting on them to fly. I order things from heli proz and heli world and any time something is back ordered I get a e-mail or phone call. I ended up buying a Raptor from heli proz and I will stick to doing bussiness with them instead of HHI
Old 03-05-2002, 01:30 AM
Maxx-RCU

Gee Gary...you mean to say Uncle Irwin didn't ask you before he made his knock-off swash interaction gauge? WELL....that's the first time I've ever heard of that happening Don't worry to much about it; if it's like the rest of the crap he has made the bubble levels aren't and the water that goes in them will cost you extra<G>. BTW, are you still making those pieces? Chris
Old 03-05-2002, 06:15 AM
gjsinke

I can only say I'm glad I got my Q60Pro for (vitually) free. I've tried to make a couple trades, and it seems this model comes with the plague!! My bad?? OK IT WAS FREE! I'll crash and burn and trash...then buy a FURY 90 (if they ever become reality). MA WHERE RU??

Jim
Old 03-05-2002, 10:42 AM
TampaRCGuy

Default trade, buy .... free...

Was it really necessary to mislead everyone with your questions and the stir that you caused? Why didn't you just say you got a really good deal on a Quick 60 and is it any good? Now it seems you already got the chopper prior to your question, then it was a good buy, and now it was free.

This thread should have been closed down much earlier as Scott wanted to, not to protect Irwin or HHI, but the truth finally comes out.
Old 03-05-2002, 01:17 PM
howardm4

Jim

Thanks for wasting all our time and effort. I'll know better
(I keep saying that ) next time.

And people wonder why some of the boards are filled w/
nothing but newbies and where anyone who knows anything went.

I'd rather give up the hobby than fly a Quick POS.
Old 03-05-2002, 02:44 PM
DavidH

Guys,
So Jim had the Quick when he originally asked his question? Still all he was trying to find out was anyones experiences with it and how it compared to the Fury? So has always we end up with another 30 or 40 post on this thread. Just as I mentionted in the 3rd or 4th post in this thread, that the subject always brings up marathon posting on this heli and shop. See Jim once the thread was opened back up so there could be rebuttal replies there was only one and then they all dissappeared. So I hope you learned a lot about the subject you originallyasked about.

David
Old 03-05-2002, 04:53 PM
gjsinke

Evan,
I guess you decide to jump in and post without reading the thread. I have stated muliple times that I owned the Quick (virtually 'free' as a result of a good deal)...I mislead no one! From what I have learned here, your post reminds me of what I should expect from Uncle Irwin! The 'stir' I caused?? You didn't have to participate if you didn't want to. I have thanked you here and in email for your information and as a result was going to place an order with you today. However now I will go to Dymond and buy from them directly (same price). Perhaps, after you have cooled down, we can do some business in the future? If you are going to Birmingham I would like to meet you. But don't bring any of that QWW stuff you have in inventory, because I won't buy it, at your advice!
Old 03-05-2002, 05:01 PM
gjsinke

Howard,
Don't blame me for wasting your time and efforts. You, Sir, are free to roam. I hope you find the Pro's only forum you seek...perhaps you can start one. If you are going to Birmingham I would like to meet you, that is, if you don't mind shaking the hand of a newbie! Should I look for you in the 'Pro's only' corner?

Jim
Old 03-05-2002, 05:13 PM
gjsinke

David,
You, Sir, are a gentleman and a great representative of this hobby! Yes I have learned much regarding this subject. HHI is less than commendable, yet the ARF guys are standing in line for their new products. Oh well, to each his own. I now realize I will not likely get the comparison to a Fury unless I do it myself. Good for me...more stick time! Now...if I can find the time to learn to hover...then I'll be looking for that Fury 90! Thanks David, Hope to see you in Birmingham.

Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.