Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Need Hitec Eclipse Gyro Help Please

Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Need Hitec Eclipse Gyro Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 06:10 AM
mokied
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Hitec Eclipse Gyro Help Please

Hi,
I was wondering if any of you might have a quick fix for the following problem?

When I flip from normal mode on my raptor to any other mode (idle up 1, ,idle up 2, or throttle hold) my tail pitches a little bit like I've got some sort of revolution mixing programmed in or something. No rev mixing or any other type of mixing is programmed in.

I am flying a telebee 701 and it doesn't matter if I'm in heading hold or piezo. It's enough to really give me quite a bit of left tail during flight.

It does diminish when I've got the gain turned way down on the gyro in either heading hold or piezo. Output to the gyro is channel 7 and input from the gyro is channel 4.

Is this a factory mix or something? Thanks for any help. I really appreciate it.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:14 AM
Lynx

Do you have expo or dual rates set up? What radio is it?
Old 06-23-2003, 06:54 PM
mokied

The radio is a Hitec Eclipse 7 with spectra module.
Old 06-24-2003, 11:54 AM
_BOON_

check the EPA on channel 7 for both ends of the switch (on and off). When ON (HH mode) see what the % is and adjust accordingly, do the same for OFF (non HH mode).
Dont worry about the channel 4 adjustments.
Then flick the flight modes and see if it changes the % while in the EPA adjust screen.

see if that helps.

I used to use channel 7 then went to channel 5 because of the gyro adjustment option.
The only downside is that to switch between HH and normal you have to use 50-100 for normal and 0-50 for HH and treat the 50 movment as 100% adjustments (thats means if you wanted 75% in HH mode use 15%, or 75% for normal mode use 85%
Old 06-24-2003, 06:50 PM
mokied

Thanks Boon! I'll give it a try. Is the channel 5 on the hitec the gear switch? THanks.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:55 AM
_BOON_

No its not, that is for the program mix 1 on or off. If you have some servo mixing to do.
You can't actually use a switch to turn HH on or off when using channel 5. Only going to the gyro option on the transmitter and selecting the % as I stated earlier.
I use channel 7 for the co-pilot on and off and keep HH on channel 5 for tail.
Old 06-26-2003, 07:25 PM
mokied

Ok I think I've got it. So, you really can't change from piezo to hh mode when using channel 5 unless you go in and go to that percentage area you were talking about in the Gyro % ?

One more quick question if you don't mind? You say to put it at 15% which is equivalent to 75% HH. But, if you are going from the 0 to 50 area and treating that like 0 to 100 and you wanted 75% gain in HH wouldn't you just take 75% of 50 and set the HH at that? I don't quite understand the 15% is 75% thing.

I did figure out why the tail is slightly changing when I go to the different flight modes. It is because I adjusted the tail trim manually in Normal mode and when I switch modes the trim doesn't transfer and it goes back to having zero trim. I'll have to make sure and zero the servo with the linkage to avoid that.

Thanks for all of your help!
Old 06-27-2003, 07:23 AM
_BOON_

The closer you get to 0 is like getting closer to 100% because less than 50 is HH greater than 50 is normal, 50 is mid point, think of it as 0 or the starting point of your sensetivity