Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

When's the 12X replacement coming?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

When's the 12X replacement coming?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 09:56 AM
proline8000
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: When's the 12X replacement coming?

I don’t think you will see any new stuff from JR. I just sent in my 10x for service and talked with the tech and the impression I got it Spectrum is it. Spectrum has been designing the encoders for JR for a while now and the 12X is only a Spectrum 12 channel in the 10X chassis. JR will go the way of all the greats in the RC radio world like Kraft, Proline, Orbit….. etc. I hope I am wrong because they were great radios
Old 12-07-2011, 03:23 PM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well at least if JR goes as the last poster said, it would stop the great JR vs FT debate.

The last I heard was that JR where coming out with a unit capable of having so many satellite units they are going to call it the porcupine.

Mike

proline you forgot Sprengbrook.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:13 PM
john josey

ORIGINAL: BaldEagel

you forgot Sprengbrook.
Ah, Harry 'crooks' Theres a blast from the past !
Old 12-07-2011, 05:29 PM
F15driver
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John Redman,

John, haven't seen any comments from you on this subject. As Horizon's representative, it would seem you would be posting here to tell all the faithful JR users that a new 14X or 16X is only a short time away from being introduced. Your silence seems to lead one to believe there is nothing new in the pipeline. Are we to assume Futaba has passed JR and that JR has thrown in the towel? Do you want all of us that own a 12X to switch to Futaba?

C'mon, John, what can we expect in the near future from JR?

Rob Puetz
F15driver
Old 12-07-2011, 05:53 PM
lov2flyrc

So the majority of "Futaba" guys are using JR or Hitec servos? Curious why the lack of interest in Futaba servos? I'll admit, I haven't payed much attention to the current line of servos from Futaba.... Is there a specific reason you stray from Futaba servo line? I ask since I have considered offering the Futaba product line but trying to get a feel for what what servos, if any, I should focus on for inventory....
Old 12-07-2011, 06:17 PM
KC36330

ORIGINAL: lov2flyrc

So the majority of ''Futaba'' guys are using JR or Hitec servos? Curious why the lack of interest in Futaba servos? I'll admit, I haven't payed much attention to the current line of servos from Futaba.... Is there a specific reason you stray from Futaba servo line? I ask since I have considered offering the Futaba product line but trying to get a feel for what what servos, if any, I should focus on for inventory....

just my experience Todd, but Futaba has excellent servos but they are a good bit higher current drain then the equivalent JR and they give problems on long servo leads. some of their servos are also not recommended for 6v use.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:18 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I only use Futaba 9156, 9157, which are similiar to the JR 8711 or Hitec 7955 in specs.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Mike Haddox
My Feedback: (5)

Got a new 12X a few months back. It is a little more difficult to program than my 10S but I think it would be easier if you could see the pictures in the manual. Has anybody else had this problem? Mine looks like it was left out in the rain for a week before it left the factory.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:50 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: Mike Haddox

Got a new 12X a few months back. It is a little more difficult to program than my 10S but I think it would be easier if you could see the pictures in the manual. Has anybody else had this problem? Mine looks like it was left out in the rain for a week before it left the factory.
Same with mine.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:15 PM
FILE IFR

ORIGINAL: F15driver

John Redman,

John, haven't seen any comments from you on this subject. As Horizon's representative, it would seem you would be posting here to tell all the faithful JR users that a new 14X or 16X is only a short time away from being introduced. Your silence seems to lead one to believe there is nothing new in the pipeline. Are we to assume Futaba has passed JR and that JR has thrown in the towel? Do you want all of us that own a 12X to switch to Futaba?

C'mon, John, what can we expect in the near future from JR?

Rob Puetz
F15driver

I believe HH/JR reps and employees are forbidden to chime in on a thread of this topic.

... The same thing will happen on the Futaba Support Forum here... Bax and Krysta will ignore those types of questions or claim they don't know.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:19 PM
rhklenke

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: lov2flyrc

So the majority of ''Futaba'' guys are using JR or Hitec servos? Curious why the lack of interest in Futaba servos? I'll admit, I haven't payed much attention to the current line of servos from Futaba.... Is there a specific reason you stray from Futaba servo line? I ask since I have considered offering the Futaba product line but trying to get a feel for what what servos, if any, I should focus on for inventory....
Todd,

For me, when I started in jets, the 8411 was it. It was higher torque for a better price than any Futaba digitals that you could get at the time. I've used enough of them, and the 8611 and 8711, to be very comfortable with them in any jet application, so that's the first option I consider. Since then, Futaba has come out with more capable digital servos and the price of the 8411 and 8711 have gone up. The next time I go to buy a gang of servos for a new model, I'm definitely going to look closer at the Futaba servos as they have several that look good and are below the list prices for the 8411 and 8711. On the other hand, you can often find 8411's and 8711's from various distributors at a fairly high discount...

I know this doesn't help you with determining which Futaba servos to carry, sorry. I think Dom used some of the Futaba servos in his new Xtreme jets F-4, so perhaps he can give you some more definitive info.

Bob
Old 12-08-2011, 02:01 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The previous poster hit the nail on the head, JR and Hitec servo's are available at a discounted price, the margins on Futaba servo's means that discounts are rare.

Mike
Old 12-28-2011, 07:21 AM
ricardinho

i have had my 12x for about a year now. love it.. much easier then the 9503.. i am not the best radio programmer so i called horizon and talked to a hell of a nice guy.. he got the manuel and called me back in 20 minutes and walked me right through what i needed... what other radio do we need.. i think some of us might be looking for that special radio that takes the plane off by itself we fly it and hit the auto land button put the radio down and watch it land ...come on the 12x does everything you need...plus the futaba radios are to big and heavy feeling and much more money... i have a phone that takes pictures so i dont need my radio to take a mug shot....i am very happy with jr..12x is awesome
Old 12-28-2011, 08:12 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 12x feels new to you because you've only had it for a year. Mine was nearly 4 years old and felt ancient. Try using a 11x and you'll understand why I feel the 12x is antiquated. The 11x is the better radio (minus losing a channel and it's physical appearance).
Old 12-28-2011, 08:14 AM
InboundLZ
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: ricardinho

i have had my 12x for about a year now. love it.. much easier then the 9503.. i am not the best radio programmer so i called horizon and talked to a hell of a nice guy.. he got the manuel and called me back in 20 minutes and walked me right through what i needed... what other radio do we need.. i think some of us might be looking for that special radio that takes the plane off by itself we fly it and hit the auto land button put the radio down and watch it land ...come on the 12x does everything you need...plus the futaba radios are to big and heavy feeling and much more money... i have a phone that takes pictures so i dont need my radio to take a mug shot....i am very happy with jr..12x is awesome
Finally!!!! Someone talkin' some sense! I bet there are not 10 guys on the planet that can push a 12X past what it can give, flying wise. I will have mine until it dies or is stolen (which is how I went from a 10 to a 12 in the first place). Frankly, some guys need less radio in the hope they might actually have control of something
Old 12-28-2011, 08:18 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: InboundLZ

ORIGINAL: ricardinho

Finally!!!! Someone talkin' some sense! I bet there are not 10 guys on the planet that can push a 12X past what it can give, flying wise. I will have mine until it dies or is stolen (which is how I went from a 10 to a 12 in the first place). Frankly, some guys need less radio in the hope they might actually have control of something
This may also be said of Futaba's 12z and 14mz however: 18mz seems to be selling like hotcakes!

Mike
Old 12-28-2011, 08:44 AM
Helijet

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have had nothing but JR in my jets since 1996. I can't believe I am saying this but I am seriously looking at the new 18 channel. Sure it has some questionable applications like a camera but there are many features that I would appreciate ( fuel monitoring sensor, voice commands, sliders that are actually accessible !! ). I may actually switch over - but the 18 is not yet available right??

Cheers
Dean W.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: Helijet

I have had nothing but JR in my jets since 1996. I can't believe I am saying this but I am seriously looking at the new 18 channel. Sure it has some questionable applications like a camera but there are many features that I would appreciate ( fuel monitoring sensor, voice commands, sliders that are actually accessible !! ). I may actually switch over - but the 18 is not yet available right??

Cheers
Dean W.
Hi Dean,
One of my club members has one and was using it this past weekend.
Vin...
Old 12-28-2011, 12:44 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Sorry D,

But I love my 12x. My only complaint was after 4 years, the crappy NIMH finally died.

I'd buy another one tomorrow if I had to bro.

All you "techie" people...grumble, grumble! LOL.

I also love my cassette player in my exotic! [X(] Actually, not really.....
Old 12-28-2011, 01:18 PM
ianober

You mean your 8 track Raffy!! LOL!!
Old 12-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Ron Stahl

I bought my 12X on the first batch. I was on the waiting list for a DX10T for all of this year and it is now slated for the first shipments next May. I saw it at FL jets this year wanted it for the TM stuff and the tray layout; I got tired of waiting and so did my family so they got me a Ipad2 and all of the TM stuff from Epektrum for less then the cost of the DX10T. I'll deal with any of the short comings you guys might feel the 12X has as I have yet to find any other than the lack of TM which I now have.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:41 PM
ricardinho

i have flown with all the radios 14mz 11x you name it... i just love the 12x... all the rest just feel bulky to me.. i think what ever jr comes out with next will only be an improvment...
Old 12-28-2011, 05:46 PM
ricardinho

right on!!!!!
Old 12-28-2011, 06:40 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

I have heard from a reliable source (who asked be remain nameless) that a new jr radio with more than 12 channels was in he pipelind and would/should be available by the time i told him i was looking to upgrade from my 11x, which i stated as late 2012/early 2013
Old 12-28-2011, 07:17 PM
MX240
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Xairflyer

12x users what is the radio missing you feel you need, apart from telemetry
A DARN TOUCH SCREEN WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE FROM THE START.
I was with JR sice the early 1980's and loved that company....but when thsy came out with their outdated 12X I moved over to a Futaba 14MZ and like it. It took me some time to rework my brain at 70 years old and relearn how the programing went....but I got it. I am not going back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.