Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Retract Game Changer

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Retract Game Changer

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 11:43 AM
blakeketcham
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Retract Game Changer

I was going to do the mods on foremost 150 forum. Just debating even bothering as the new version is even crappier that the last from what I can see in the forum pics. Thanks
Old 02-28-2012, 11:48 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: warbird_1

ORIGINAL: RCISFUN

Wow, this thread is spinning out of control, I think all the OP wanted to do is show a alternative retracts that may or may not be suitable for a given application, it too bad everything has to turn political[:'(]
hey rich, it's always political weather it's political or not lol how have you been? doing titusville this year?
Titusville is on, it is posted in the jet event calender

ORIGINAL: blakeketcham

I was going to do the mods on foremost 150 forum. Just debating even bothering as the new version is even crappier that the last from what I can see in the forum pics. Thanks
I don't think the Foremost has changed, it was always crappy I created the mods I posted for the challenge, I have now outgrown the need for a challenge

With that being said if you like to build the conversion isn't that bad
Old 02-28-2012, 11:59 AM
LittleBob
Banned

ORIGINAL: rgburrill

Is Kyosho American? Are OS Engines American? Is Futaba American? We live in a WORLD not just one country. And hopefully we are trying to make a better world, not just a better country. Most of us (maybe not the seemingly elite group of jet fliers) live on budgets. I have built and/or assembled many different planes over the years and buget has always been one of my primary concerns. The most expensive engine I used was a Saito 50 4-stroke. And it broke just as bad as the used Fox 40 I had when it hit the pavement. When I crashed that and the Ace CloudDancer it was in I got back into flying in less than a month with a $50 Uproar and a $50 Tower 40 engine. Flying was a lot more important to me than showing all my ''friends'' that I could spend $5000 on an airplane someone else built for me. Several Tower 40s, one OS 30, an MDS 62 (cheap Russian made) and the Saito. And the Tacon electric 60-sze motor I now have was made in China. So if you want to put a Webra on a Top Flite kit I'll fly alongside with a TowerUproar with a Tower 40. And you can worry about destroying your ''investment'''' while I just have fun with my toy.

better world? aw hahahahaha i care abut American that's it. we give enough away world wide. i fly within a budget myself . so you telling me that you'd buy overseas just to save 50.00 on a 600.00 engine? that's what wrong with things these days. i fly gas only ,but i'd never buy a DLE. even if they were good engines.
DLE are very good engines I have 4 of them. Give one a try you will love it
Old 02-28-2012, 12:00 PM
LittleBob
Banned

ORIGINAL: Pepperpete

"buy american BE american" is why you guys are getting such a terrible rep around the world.
I dont think that is the only reason do you
Old 02-28-2012, 12:20 PM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Is Kyosho American? Are OS Engines American? Is Futaba American? We live in a WORLD not just one country. And hopefully we are trying to make a better world, not just a better country. Most of us (maybe not the seemingly elite group of jet fliers) live on budgets. I have built and/or assembled many different planes over the years and buget has always been one of my primary concerns. The most expensive engine I used was a Saito 50 4-stroke. And it broke just as bad as the used Fox 40 I had when it hit the pavement. When I crashed that and the Ace CloudDancer it was in I got back into flying in less than a month with a $50 Uproar and a $50 Tower 40 engine. Flying was a lot more important to me than showing all my ''friends'' that I could spend $5000 on an airplane someone else built for me. Several Tower 40s, one OS 30, an MDS 62 (cheap Russian made) and the Saito. And the Tacon electric 60-sze motor I now have was made in China. So if you want to put a Webra on a Top Flite kit I'll fly alongside with a TowerUproar with a Tower 40. And you can worry about destroying your ''investment'''' while I just have fun with my toy.

better world? aw hahahahaha i care abut American that's it. we give enough away world wide. i fly within a budget myself . so you telling me that you'd buy overseas just to save 50.00 on a 600.00 engine? that's what wrong with things these days. i fly gas only ,but i'd never buy a DLE. even if they were good engines.
Sorry man but the equivalent to your $600 engine only cost $50 overseas! That's the point of the discussion. Todd has retracts for $1000. Hobby King has them for $150.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:27 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Commies does not mean "mean" people for the record.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:49 PM
warbird_1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: LittleBob

Is Kyosho American? Are OS Engines American? Is Futaba American? We live in a WORLD not just one country. And hopefully we are trying to make a better world, not just a better country. Most of us (maybe not the seemingly elite group of jet fliers) live on budgets. I have built and/or assembled many different planes over the years and buget has always been one of my primary concerns. The most expensive engine I used was a Saito 50 4-stroke. And it broke just as bad as the used Fox 40 I had when it hit the pavement. When I crashed that and the Ace CloudDancer it was in I got back into flying in less than a month with a $50 Uproar and a $50 Tower 40 engine. Flying was a lot more important to me than showing all my ''friends'' that I could spend $5000 on an airplane someone else built for me. Several Tower 40s, one OS 30, an MDS 62 (cheap Russian made) and the Saito. And the Tacon electric 60-sze motor I now have was made in China. So if you want to put a Webra on a Top Flite kit I'll fly alongside with a Tower Uproar with a Tower 40. And you can worry about destroying your ''investment'''' while I just have fun with my toy.

no thanks...
Old 02-28-2012, 02:13 PM
LittleBob
Banned

no thanks...
Your loss
Old 02-28-2012, 03:03 PM
warbird_1

Is Kyosho American? Are OS Engines American? Is Futaba American? We live in a WORLD not just one country. And hopefully we are trying to make a better world, not just a better country. Most of us (maybe not the seemingly elite group of jet fliers) live on budgets. I have built and/or assembled many different planes over the years and buget has always been one of my primary concerns. The most expensive engine I used was a Saito 50 4-stroke. And it broke just as bad as the used Fox 40 I had when it hit the pavement. When I crashed that and the Ace CloudDancer it was in I got back into flying in less than a month with a $50 Uproar and a $50 Tower 40 engine. Flying was a lot more important to me than showing all my ''friends'' that I could spend $5000 on an airplane someone else built for me. Several Tower 40s, one OS 30, an MDS 62 (cheap Russian made) and the Saito. And the Tacon electric 60-sze motor I now have was made in China. So if you want to put a Webra on a Top Flite kit I'll fly alongside with a Tower Uproar with a Tower 40. And you can worry about destroying your ''investment'''' while I just have fun with my toy.

no thanks...
Your loss
my choice
Old 02-28-2012, 03:12 PM
LittleBob
Banned

no thanks...
Your loss
my choice
Isnt choice a wonderful thing DLE, DA, DLA, RCGF, RCG etc all excellent engines
Old 02-28-2012, 03:18 PM
warbird_1

no thanks...
Your loss
my choice
Isnt choice a wonderful thing DLE, DA, DLA, RCGF, RCG etc all excellent engines
sure is DA, Zenoah , 3W ,.....
Old 02-28-2012, 03:27 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yo !!!!! in case yo all have forgotten this thread is about RETRACTS ..... leave the politics out ...

Old 02-28-2012, 03:28 PM
bjr_93tz

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

ORIGINAL: llindsey1965
we are getting a terrible rep around the world because of our dumb a president but he will soon be gone!!!!!@!!!!! THANK GOD
I also fly within my budget not my fault i make 6 figure income !!!!!!!!!! so i do not have to skimp and as far as Futaba it is one of the top line radios has been for years it is made in Japan because we sent everything over there because they work CHEAP we don't !!!!!!!
I have no dog in this fight, but my Futaba 14MZ has a "Made in Taiwan" sticker on it.

My much older 7UAPS (circa '93) was made in Japan, I wonder where the 18MZ's are being made?
Old 02-28-2012, 03:32 PM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we are getting a terrible rep around the world because of our dumb a president but he will soon be gone!!!!!@!!!!! THANK GOD
I also fly within my budget not my fault i make 6 figure income !!!!!!!!!! so i do not have to skimp and as far as Futaba it is one of the top line radios has been for years it is made in Japan because we sent everything over there because they work CHEAP we don't !!!!!!!

The prior was really so smart, people were going crazy all over the world! They really, really liked him!

Gerry
Old 02-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Couch Potato

ORIGINAL: ravill
Commies does not mean ''mean'' people for the record.
Only one way to deal with Commies, send in Major Kong

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlSQAZEp3PA[/youtube]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li20901.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	1733390  
Old 02-28-2012, 04:51 PM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

I just want to know where the economical retracts are .

You know, not Mercedes or Yogos, but a nice set of Subarus.

If Hobby King can do them for $100 and the other guys do them for $1,000. Where are the $250 to $350 ones?
Old 02-28-2012, 04:56 PM
p-80
My Feedback: (1)

+1
Old 02-28-2012, 05:08 PM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: AmishWarlord

I just want to know where the economical retracts are .

You know, not Mercedes or Yogos, but a nice set of Subarus.

If Hobby King can do them for $100 and the other guys do them for $1,000. Where are the $250 to $350 ones?

Those would be the KobbyKing, re branded, and sold in the US by some big name distributor:-)

Gerry
Old 02-28-2012, 05:46 PM
llindsey1965
My Feedback: (-1)

Geri  that was then this is now  , we can't stand him waitig on elections so the U.S. can get back on its feet ,   jan 21 2013 when a new president is swore in the us economy will start its recovery!!!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 05:48 PM
llindsey1965

sorry guys don't mean to get off track  , just cannot wait for jan 21 2103  counting down
Old 02-28-2012, 06:07 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Those would be the KobbyKing, re branded, and sold in the US by some big name distributor:-)

Gerry

look for your self, I was researching retracts for my Habu 32 and bought the HobbyKing units, they look good

US Distributor
http://shulmanaviation.com/product_i...oducts_id=1788

HobbyKing

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...t_System_.html
Old 02-28-2012, 06:28 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

I am a little confused.... where are you guys coming up with 1000.00 retracts from us?
Our retracts are not cheap bent steel or aluminum frames, they are 7075 T-6 machined plates and trunions. Oversized leak free cylinders and reversible. We carry a full inventory of replacement parts and they are 100% USA made. Our most expensive air operated retracts are the Hercules at 275.00 for a three gear set, our standard size Taurus set runs 235.00 and our small Sidewinder set at 199.00.

You cant possibly compare the HK struts to Pro-Link?
Our full combo packages which range from $500 to $1000 include the very best components available from numerous manufacturers. Every single part is custom made to exacting standards and assembled by hand. Personally, I think the Pro-Link line is quite economical considering the quality of the product and support. Of course, to each his own....
Old 02-28-2012, 07:27 PM
propchief
My Feedback: (65)

sorry guys don't mean to get off track , just cannot wait for jan 21 2103 counting down
You'll be counting for a while ...
Old 02-28-2012, 07:37 PM
llindsey1965

just till jan then ******* is gone
Old 02-28-2012, 07:49 PM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: ravill

The good Ole US of A is still the best country in the world. We don't need to apologize to our commie neighbors to the north, or to any country for that matter.

Well Rav, our boys have died right alongside yours in just about every major conflict in the world including Afganistan in support of democracy and freedom. I resent being called a commie. You need to open your eyes man, no 2 countries in the world are closer than USA and Canada.

Ok, enough politics but, that kind of ignorance strikes a nerve.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.