Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Falcon 64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

ORIGINAL: invertmast

ORIGINAL: Falcon 64

Now, can ANYONE tell all of us HOW the AMA rule was given a life, and what was their background?
What was their perspectives, and what and how did they come to this conclusion on a MAC of 25% +- 3-2, all over..?
This is essential...for all of us.
Its not 25% + - 2-3%, its 25% MINUS 2 to 3%. If you so worried about how the AMA in the USA came up wit it, why dont you call them and ask, instead of asking everyone in here over and over who obviously do not know (since no one has answered you).

I seriously doubt the just came up with some numbers from thin air and have a good reason for their reasoning.
Give me an email adress, and I will. (!)
Old 05-02-2013, 03:58 PM
jetnuno

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: gjhinshaw

Just like most if not ALL planes that are ARF's. There is no way to check this, UNLES YOU peal the covering off... Correct? SO, YOU do what YOU can to make it better, BUT to only what you can SEE.... CORRECT? It's just like ALL ARF's YOU buy.... It is up to YOU to finish it and make it air worthy!! This is just like Ultra Lights.... ''YOU'' are the Final assembler to make it air worthy. MAYBE, AMA should redo the books on ALL Turbine Aircraft??? So NOW ALL turbine Aircraft must be inspected before EVERY Event, Just Like the ones over 75lbs. It MUST be documented before EVERY event you wish to fly at! Now something like this might reduce crashes, except for those who go around the AMA. I am SORRY for your crash, BUT, again ''YOU'' are responsible for the finishing of the build of every plane, jet whatever YOU build to fly! This should settle everything that needs to be said.... Have fun, go fly!
ORIGINAL: jetnuno

How can you ''go over it'' inside a full closed composite structure like a flying stab or a wing and check if it's well built or flying worthy??

Can you enlighten me, please? How have you used your HEAD in your FEJ jet to ''go over it'', check it out and conclude it's air worthy?

Regards

Nuno
You got it... the main issue relies exactly in what YOU CAN'T SEE. You can't see the internals of a wing. You can't see the internals of a stab. You can't see pivot point structure attachment. You can't see internal glue joints (or lack of it). You can´t see if it is properly built. You can't see how will your plane be air worthy. So how can "you" be held responsable for a mid air structural fail? The only anwser is - you shouldn't have bought the plane. The ONLY "guilty you".

By the way, I didn't crash (yet[8D]). This misfortune is Dantley's.

Sure I will have fun, but your post does not settle everything that needs to be said. Just settles what shouldn't...

Old 05-02-2013, 04:21 PM
crashgoodly

to the owners of fly eagle jets. you have brought dishonor on your business which in turn brings dishonor on your families and therefore your ancestors as well.

Man with no honor is nothing his family is nothing.

you shall have bad luck for the rest of your lives and then your famalies will have bad luck too.

this is such a small price to pay for such bad business. i feel very sorry for your families that you bring such shame on them.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:25 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: ianober

ORIGINAL: ira d

The model should be airworthy when assembled per the manufactors instructions nothing else should be required. It like saying when
you buy a new car you need totear it down and inspect it before driving.

BTW I intended to reply to gjhinshaw not mr matt

So for you Ira and Mr. Hinshaw, what happens when there are no instructions? What happens when there is no baseline? Meaning, the manufacturer has not even specified that this is the MINIMUM requirements for basic flight? You are going to blame that on the assembler for not even knowing this when they were NOT the people who designed the machine???? TOTAL BS!!!!! That is a seller trying to cover his arse saying that its on the assembler. So much BS is flying around this thread is RIDICULOUS!!!!

Dantley, you need to change your avatar back.
I agree with you ! it's mr. Hinshaw that has the opposing point of veiw, obviously if a kit does not include proper instruction you cant be sure you are assembling
the kit the way the manuafactor intended.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:29 PM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Agreed Ira.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:39 PM
BobbyMcGee

ORIGINAL: tamjets
Come on....all this post everyday it just piss off FEJ more and likely they just quick and shut there door. New factory will open up soon.
What happen than?

It take two to tangle.

Here how I look all these.

1. Buyer should be doing more research before made purchase.

2. Proffesional builder should know at least what is safe and what is not.

3. Operator should at least knowing if this plane air worthy before fly it.

4. Manufacture must tested beyond what it can handle and put safety limitation of the model can do and let the user end know. With instruction how it put together is very important. This isn"t an ARF'S and it need proffesional builder to built this plane to be safe operation and flow. This plane is not for average Joe.

5. Any problem with the plane should be updated with the fix to user end aware of or user end know about it should do the fix to prevent total loss. (There is many issue with pipes coming from china that fail very often. I don't call anyone out on the pipes fail because almost all factory had pipes issue). User should aware of these problem. Don't wait to fail and goes after manufacture when there is solutiion to that.)

The conclusion to what I said is.

If buyers doing homework before many any pruchase. The seller can't sell their unsafe products.
If you already bought it. Fix the problem because no one can fix it for you.
You don't feel safe. Don't fly it if you're responsible modelers.

Pointing finger each other is shame on both buyers and manufactures.

My only word left to this is.

Responisble.
Responsible? The manufacturer should be RESPONSIBLE !!

I hope this does upset FEJ ... they need to hear it. ANDthey need to do something about it. If not, then they should close their doors. Or this puts them out of business.

We are fed-up with buying jets that can't fly without breaking apart in the air. ANDWEARENOTGOINGTOTAKEITANYMORE !!!

Our research tells us not to buy FEJ jets.But then FEJclaims they fixed the problem. The naive person falls victim to these false claims, and buys the jet. No one to blame here except the FEJ sales rep, and FEJ.

Professional builders can't fix flawed designs.

Operator cannot determine if jet is really airworthy because he can't get into the wings and stabs without ripping them apart. And no one should be expected to do that.

No manufacturer insists or reccommends their jet be assembled by a professional builder. They all present their jet as being able to be assembled by anyone with average abilities.

FEJ does not send updates to their customers, nor do they test their designs correctly. Their customers are left to find out the hard way ... when their jet crashes! Then FEJ says customer did not tighten screws. Basically customer is screwed.

Many of these FEJ designs cannot be fixed. Most of the time, the owner is stuck.

FEJis to blame, and there is nothing wrong with pointing that out, or pointing the finger at them.

No one should have to lose $5,000 or $10,000 or $20,000 on a jet due to poor or sub-standard design/construction. That is just sickening.

WE ARE FED-UP, AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!
Old 05-02-2013, 05:13 PM
BobbyMcGee

X-ray?? Use your HEAD!! So do you buy a ARF, do NOTHING to it but assemble it and go fly??? Or do yougo over it?? SAME THING! I think you are just spinning your gears and not really thinking, if at all. I fly FEJ, Have them for sale, but haven't sold any.... I am to small of a shop. BUT, YOU need to go over it like all other planes! It's up to YOU! ALL manufacturer's and dealers have a disclaimer..... So it leaves it to YOU to make it air worthy.
So, we are to buy a painted jet, then rip it apart to make sure it was built right, and is structurally sound? Say WHATTT!!!

Looks like you are stuck with all those wonderful FEJjets. After your comments, no one will buy a jet from you. I know I wouldn't.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:51 PM
dbsonic
My Feedback: (3)

I was going to say, FEJ would actually be doing customers a favor just selling shells so the customer can skip the step of ripping it apart or finding x-ray machine.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:32 PM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

You still haven't answered my Question's?

Do "YOU" Peel the covering off ALL your Models to look at the Build?

Do "YOU" take apart ALL the sheeting to make sure it has glue?

If, "NO" ... Than why Not??

Its the same as you blaming someone for ALL your crashes! OR, is this what you do?

Were you Hot Dogging it? (Most would say, "NEVER")

Were you snapping it around? (Again, Most would say, "NEVER")

Do you PM your Jet?   DID "YOU" PM the Jet?

I really think you know all of these answer's, and will settle for something less than what you want/get.

There are so many question's that need to be answered BEFORE the Band Waggener's start.

Along with the rest of the question's.... How many TOTAL flights on  it?   See it could keep going.

I just got my new FEJ and I am going threw it and checking it over, WHY??? Because "I" want to as I do ALL my Planes I buy/build! I found 3 spots missing glue. What did I do?? Not what was done here!!! I did call and emailed and guess what???? It is being taken care of!! "WOW", and I didn't even have to rage a war over it.

Do you keep a log of your flights? If, "NO" Why not?? It would help with the resale of ANY jet. 

Again, READ ALL the Instructions and the ALL of the Disclaimers on EVERY model you get in to.....

Maybe you need to look into insurance?? I have mine.... I will even give you the policy number, If you think I am lying to you...... BUT, If you ask me to do this.... You have to Apologize to ME here on the forms AND say "I'm Not Smarter than a Kinden Gardner!"  (LOL)

Old 05-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Gra55h0pper

Looking to buy an X-ray machine. Anyone know any good manufacturers? Should I take the machine apart before using it to ensure the design/built is trustworthy?

Anyone?

Old 05-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Chris Nicastro

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

ORIGINAL: crashgoodly

to the owners of fly eagle jets. you have brought dishonor on your business which in turn brings dishonor on your families and therefore your ancestors as well.

you shall have bad luck for the rest of your lives and then your famalies will have bad luck too.

this is such a small price to pay for such bad business. i feel very sorry for your families that you bring such shame on them.
Wow...
So how far should this go? Did you guys know that the Chinese owner of the company that made the toys painted with lead based paint about 3 years ago committed suicide? He was ashamed of the failure and company losses.

The situation sucks no doubt but even now there are better ways to help FEJ or companies like them to make better products at this level of the game. If they don't listen to positive feedback then they will eventually fail as customers with real product issues speak out. Likewise distributors and reps should provide feedback but again if the company doesn't respond then they should drop the company. That sends a message and it protects them from blowback.

US customers should be dealing with US Reps not factory direct to avoid communication problems and other issues.

Im the first to speak out on any ARF Ive owned from Top Flight to ESM to CARF or whatever. I totally dislike the standard that has become the hobby industry with most ARF aircraft. I dont have the time or space to build kits so its a battle. That being said these are still products and if you make something and sell it then the buyer has a reasonable expectation the product should work as advertised, period the end.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:11 PM
dbsonic

mmm.. trust the x-ray machine. You don't want to get inside one of those.

...and a little more "glue" on the F-14 would not have prevented this accident.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:16 PM
crashgoodly

manufactory defects are covered by most companies for even the smallest foamie model. the use of honey comb in the manner that it was never intended for is a defect.
your arguement makes no sense. had you actually read the thread you would have seen the amount of flights and how the model was flying when it turned into a soggy pancake and went in.
the thousands of dollars that are charged for models at this level justify the purchaser expectation of an properly engineered model. to expect the modeller to rip the entire model apart is utterly idiotic to expect as part of the proper assembley. did you look at the pics of the FEG factory mod and repair they have done to thef14s they are shipping. they know it was a defect and they got a mental defective to do the mod. were can i get insurance for my models if i crash them like you claim you have. i'd love to see the premiums your paying and the deductables. it's kindergartener BTW.

You still haven't answered my Question's?

Do "YOU" Peel the covering off ALL your Models to look at the Build?

Do "YOU" take apart ALL the sheeting to make sure it has glue?

If, "NO" ... Than why Not??

Its the same as you blaming someone for ALL your crashes! OR, is this what you do?

Were you Hot Dogging it? (Most would say, "NEVER")

Were you snapping it around? (Again, Most would say, "NEVER")

Do you PM your Jet? DID "YOU" PM the Jet?

I really think you know all of these answer's, and will settle for something less than what you want/get.

There are so many question's that need to be answered BEFORE the Band Waggener's start.

Along with the rest of the question's.... How many TOTAL flights on it? See it could keep going.

I just got my new FEJ and I am going threw it and checking it over, WHY??? Because "I" want to as I do ALL my Planes I buy/build! I found 3 spots missing glue. What did I do?? Not what was done here!!! I did call and emailed and guess what???? It is being taken care of!! "WOW", and I didn't even have to rage a war over it.

Do you keep a log of your flights? If, "NO" Why not?? It would help with the resale of ANY jet.

Again, READ ALL the Instructions and the ALL of the Disclaimers on EVERY model you get in to.....

Maybe you need to look into insurance?? I have mine.... I will even give you the policy number, If you think I am lying to you...... BUT, If you ask me to do this.... You have to Apologize to ME here on the forms AND say "I'm Not Smarter than a Kinden Gardner!" (LOL)

Old 05-02-2013, 09:34 PM
crashgoodly

hey chris i remember when you were at venom and had problems with the dirt bike you guys were selling. what did you do? i owned one so i can tell you. you bent over backwards and did everything you could possibly do and shipped me everything i needed to make my bike perfect at zero charge to me.you even offered to replace the bike.the guy that was painting with lead paint new what he was doing and was facing some very serious s#!T. the shame he brought upon himself is just that his own fault. how he chose to duck responsablity is his own fault as well. what if that f14 slammed into a person and killed them. thank goodness it didn't happen. you may think me harsh for what i wrote but the culture is what it is and the shame is theirs.BTW i emailed that statement to FEJ as well.
ORIGINAL: Chris Nicastro

ORIGINAL: crashgoodly

Wow...
So how far should this go? Did you guys know that the Chinese owner of the company that made the toys painted with lead based paint about 3 years ago committed suicide? He was ashamed of the failure and company losses.

The situation sucks no doubt but even now there are better ways to help FEJ or companies like them to make better products at this level of the game. If they don't listen to positive feedback then they will eventually fail as customers with real product issues speak out. Likewise distributors and reps should provide feedback but again if the company doesn't respond then they should drop the company. That sends a message and it protects them from blowback.

US customers should be dealing with US Reps not factory direct to avoid communication problems and other issues.

Im the first to speak out on any ARF Ive owned from Top Flight to ESM to CARF or whatever. I totally dislike the standard that has become the hobby industry with most ARF aircraft. I dont have the time or space to build kits so its a battle. That being said these are still products and if you make something and sell it then the buyer has a reasonable expectation the product should work as advertised, period the end.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:20 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Fly Eagle isn't responding to any emails these days, perhaps this will be resolved when they have a booth at some major event and are asked in person.[:@]
Old 05-03-2013, 03:03 AM
Falcon 64

- Forwarded by Jon Magnus Sandvik/Brunvoll on 02.05.2013 12:22 -

To: Jon Magnus Sandvik/Brunvoll@Brunvoll
Date: 02.05.2013 12:06
Subject: Re: good morning Vladislav

Hei,

From the video I saw it is evident that the gravity force is behind the lifting force and the location of the pivot.
At the beginning there is no lift only gravity due to it we will get an angle and with the angle a lifting force.
Big angle big lifting force>> gravity the wing is moving up the angle is decreasing and the lift too until Lift=Gravity
Degreasing the angle we decrease the Lift. This variation in angle will make the wing to flutter or oscillate.
As long as the gravity is behind the lifting force we will have this kind of oscillations.

I suppose you know or thought about it. I'll try to think more about the problem in the week-end.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:22 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This won't be much help but, All R/C planes come with a Number, and when the R/C Gods call that number it's going into a trash bag. It's a proven fact.  The other Trusim is "The more U like a plane the sooner the God's Call it's Number".   SORRY!  JMHO

Old 05-03-2013, 03:28 AM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

Old 05-03-2013, 03:31 AM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

Please stay tuned,,,,

The next episode of AS THE TURBINE WHEEL TURNS is about to begin...

[]
Old 05-03-2013, 03:40 AM
Falcon 64

ORIGINAL: HORNET FLYER

I understand, but this FEJ and like companies have multiple threads citing the issues with the planes they make with no REAL fix or rep to help.

Paul
What did you mean with "real fix"?
Old 05-03-2013, 04:26 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Hei,

From the video I saw it is evident that the gravity force is behind the lifting force and the location of the pivot.
At the beginning there is no lift only gravity due to it we will get an angle and with the angle a lifting force.
Big angle big lifting force>> gravity the wing is moving up the angle is decreasing and the lift too until Lift=Gravity
Degreasing the angle we decrease the Lift. This variation in angle will make the wing to flutter or oscillate.
As long as the gravity is behind the lifting force we will have this kind of oscillations.

I suppose you know or thought about it. I'll try to think more about the problem in the week-end.

So this analysis is from the video of Dub's F-14 crash?!? Classic... Wrong, but classic...

Bob
Old 05-03-2013, 05:30 AM
Falcon 64

ORIGINAL: rhklenke

Hei,

So this analysis is from the video of Dub's F-14 crash?!? Classic... Wrong, but classic...

Bob
No, just a brief commend on MY video I sent him. But CHEW ON IT till he is finished..
As I understood him, he will simulate a NACA 0006 airfoil in a flow-program he uses at work, and have the picture of the Tomcat elevator as a basis for it.
I recon he will precise and go deeper than this.
But we already know the result as you can`t balance an elevator purely by geometrics. And AMA rule is just that.
I served him the datas for the airfoil today: http://www.ae.illinois.edu/m-selig/a...atabase.html#N
Old 05-03-2013, 06:14 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

No, just a brief commend on MY video I sent him. But CHEW ON IT till he is finished..
As I understood him, he will simulate a NACA 0006 airfoil in a flow-program he uses at work, and have the picture of the Tomcat elevator as a basis for it.
I recon he will precise and go deeper than this.
But we already know the result as you can`t balance an elevator purely by geometrics. And AMA rule is just that.
I served him the datas for the airfoil today: http://www.ae.illinois.edu/m-selig/a...atabase.html#N
Yes, but here's the problem. Gravity is only one (perhaps the smallest) factor in flutter. The others are the aerodynamics of the surface, its rotational inertia, and the springiness (i.e., elasticity) of the control system. If you balance the surface, you only eliminate the gravity factor, but you *increase* (i.e., make *larger*) the rotational inertia, and the interaction of the remaining three can *still* cause flutter. Therefore, mass balancing the surface to eliminate the gravity factor is *not* a guarantee that you've eliminated flutter...

OK, beating dead horse over now...

Bob
Old 05-03-2013, 06:19 AM
RCflyerCT
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: HoundDog

This won't be much help but, All R/C planes come with a Number, and when the R/C Gods call that number it's going into a trash bag. It's a proven fact. The other Trusim is "The more U like a plane the sooner the God's Call it's Number". SORRY! JMHO

I agree....best post in this entire thread IMHO

Old 05-03-2013, 06:27 AM
Falcon 64

"If you balance the surface, you only eliminate the gravity factor"

WHAT!...! Such a comment shows you haven`t the slightest idea of what you are talking about...please!

Can someone give me the actual dimensions and sweep-angle on the actual elevator?
He will make a copy of it in the program and measure the unbalanced forces that exists in the speed you desire, the app speed at the moment of flutter is important, he said.
But first, give me the dimensions on chords, thickness at both rood & tip, how many mm from LE is the thickest point, wingspan and sweep-angle.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51056.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	1878678  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.