Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 12:21 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Fly Eagle Jet F-14 Crash (video)

Ok, one more time. I'm not quite sure what part of stop this stuff that you all don't understand, but I'm not kidding in what I said. It's time that EVERYBODY stops the attacks on each other and all the other off topic being posted in this thread. Right now I am simply removing the posts, but if those members continue trying to drag out all the mess I'll start putting them in a time out.

I'm  not kidding in what I am saying here people. It's time to let this issue die. It's time to bury all the hatchets and stop the attacks on each other.

Ken
Old 05-10-2013, 12:51 PM
jetnuno

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: gjhinshaw

So YOU better not buy any SkyMaster Jets!!! and maybe Yellow Aircraft.... (Have to find where they are built)
ORIGINAL: Hinckley Bill

Sorry my shill of a friend.....based upon the extensive information contained within this thread there was/is absolutely no way to guarantee that an FEJ jet can ever be made 'airworthy' without tearing off all that beautiful covering and examining the actual physical build. And even that wouldn't be enough to make a plane airworthy if the inherent design, or lack of it, is at the heart of the matter, as was the case with DUBD's F-14.

Bottom line.....BUYER BEWARE OF FEJ and any other third world country manufacture that doesn't put sufficient time, effort and resources into the planes it sells, turbine, prop or otherwise.
I think those are 2 really different things:

Skymaster is developing a F14 for 3 years with several load and flight tests. They even have landed the prototype with wings retracted. Still, it's not in the market yet.
FEJ as lauched 3 F14 to the market in 3 monthes, or so...

2 really different aproaches. I'm not saying SM F14 will be better or worse, just saying that in my perpective they have more care for their products before market launch

regards
Old 05-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Falcon 64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

ORIGINAL: Falcon 64

However, if the control can be balanced so that its center of mass, or center of gravity, is ahead of the hinge line, the inertia of the balanced surface will prevent flutter altogether.

Conclusion: mass balancing help to prevent flutter.

This is what I think or what I found so far.Flutter is a part of aeroelasticity which is quite heavy and I need more time for it.
I'll leave tomorrow to Sweden and I'll be back on 19.

Dear Falcon,

How exactly does one put the center of gravity and/or the center of mass ''ahead of the hinge line'' on a full-flying stab?

The type of mass-balancing referred to there is like that which is done on MANY (if not most) hinged control surfaces like ailerons and elevators. We're talking full-flying stabs here, so let's not let the truth get lost in translation.

We`re not allowed to talk aerodynamics in this thread, just things that could caused the crash.
But the hinge-line is the pivot point, and ahead hinge-line is the area ahead of this. The same way an ordinary elevator with an aerodynamic or dynamic balance has. Got it, yellow?
Old 05-10-2013, 12:53 PM
crashgoodly

very nice work you're doing on the f14. what are you looking to get in total weight savings?
ORIGINAL: buchermi

Well, it's time for mt to bail out of this thread.

The only thing I'll keep for my F14 will be the honeycomb and the paint job.
That's the two things FEJ knows to do.
Everything else will be re-engineered.

Here's my build:

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...e-EDF-Agressor

I hope sometimes there will be F14 kits around without bugs and flaws.
For the rest we have to put some work in our toys to get them airborne

Michael
Old 05-10-2013, 01:16 PM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

Did you call yet???????????
ORIGINAL: Eaglepilot2

Im sorry but I have to chime in here. As an insurance agent, I can promise you State Farm or any other insurance company will never insure a model airplane against a crash be it by pilot error or faulty construction. There would be coverage in the event your house or shop burns to the ground or in the event of a storm, but by crash...NEVER!!
Old 05-10-2013, 01:45 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

How come everytime someone's posts are deleted the Thread topic on the following pages says "RE:[DELETED]" can't you guys fix that to!?
Old 05-10-2013, 01:58 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Ok, one more time for me to step in here. I know that no matter what I do in this thread somebody's not going to be happy. And unfortunately there isn't anything I can to do please EVERYBODY. But this thread has gotten way way way out of control and it's time to pull it back in. I'm not going back through all 69 pages of this thread, but I have gone back through some of the more recent pages and removed the more caustic posts that were causing problems. 

Come on guys, let's all remember that when it's all said and done we are all still members of the same hobby. Yes, we all have different aspects of the hobby that we enjoy, but in the end of us enjoy the hobby. Whether it's building a model of flying a model we're all RC enthusiasts in the end. So let's all remember that and let's back down the hostilities a notch or two. 

As this thread moves forward let's remember what it started out as and let's all try to get back to that point.

Ken
Old 05-10-2013, 02:18 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

ORIGINAL: invertmast

How come everytime someone's posts are deleted the Thread topic on the following pages says "RE:[DELETED]" can't you guys fix that to!?
Trust me, we wish we could. This is a bug that has plagued RCU since the beginning of the site. There is a bug in the software that if we delete a post and the next person to post uses the "Fast Reply" box it will show as you stated, "RE:[DELETED]". Our programmers from the very beginning tried to see if they could fix that and the amount of code that needed to be changed was HUGE. They continued over the years to try and see if they could come up with an eaiser fix, but unfortuantely they could not. There is a fix that they members can do when this starts happening, but it's hard to get it going. When the thread title has changed to the "RE:[DELETED]" don't use the "Fast Reply" box at the end of the thread. Instead, scroll back up the thread until you see a post that has the correct title in it and hit the "Reply" button. Then the reply that is made will now have the correct title in it.

This is one of the more annoying bugs that I will be glad to see gone once we get the migration to VBulletin completed. This one has been a thorn in my side for many years. You don't know how many times I've had to type out the above explanation as to what's going on with this. If I had a dollar for every time I had to type it then I wouldn't need to be working for a living any more!!!!

Ken

Old 05-10-2013, 02:19 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

Trust me, we wish we could. This is a bug that has plagued RCU since the beginning of the site. There is a bug in the software that if we delete a post and the next person to post uses the "Fast Reply" box it will show as you stated, "RE:[DELETED]". Our programmers from the very beginning tried to see if they could fix that and the amount of code that needed to be changed was HUGE. They continued over the years to try and see if they could come up with an eaiser fix, but unfortuantely they could not. There is a fix that they members can do when this starts happening, but it's hard to get it going. When the thread title has changed to the "RE:[DELETED]" don't use the "Fast Reply" box at the end of the thread. Instead, scroll back up the thread until you see a post that has the correct title in it and hit the "Reply" button. Then the reply that is made will now have the correct title in it.

This is one of the more annoying bugs that I will be glad to see gone once we get the migration to VBulletin completed. This one has been a thorn in my side for many years. You don't know how many times I've had to type out the above explanation as to what's going on with this. If I had a dollar for every time I had to type it then I wouldn't need to be working for a living any more!!!!

Ken
Old 05-10-2013, 02:44 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCKen

How come everytime someone's posts are deleted the Thread topic on the following pages says ''RE:[DELETED]'' can't you guys fix that to!?
Trust me, we wish we could. This is a bug that has plagued RCU since the beginning of the site. There is a bug in the software that if we delete a post and the next person to post uses the ''Fast Reply'' box it will show as you stated, ''RE:[DELETED]''. Our programmers from the very beginning tried to see if they could fix that and the amount of code that needed to be changed was HUGE. They continued over the years to try and see if they could come up with an eaiser fix, but unfortuantely they could not. There is a fix that they members can do when this starts happening, but it's hard to get it going. When the thread title has changed to the ''RE:[DELETED]'' don't use the ''Fast Reply'' box at the end of the thread. Instead, scroll back up the thread until you see a post that has the correct title in it and hit the ''Reply'' button. Then the reply that is made will now have the correct title in it.

This is one of the more annoying bugs that I will be glad to see gone once we get the migration to VBulletin completed. This one has been a thorn in my side for many years. You don't know how many times I've had to type out the above explanation as to what's going on with this. [img][/img] If I had a dollar for every time I had to type it then I wouldn't need to be working for a living any more!!!!

Ken

Haha, thanks for the explanation Ken, ive notices it in a few threads and when you get the subcription emails, its hard to know what is what.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Falcon 64

However, if the control can be balanced so that its center of mass, or center of gravity, is ahead of the hinge line, the inertia of the balanced surface will prevent flutter altogether.

This is what I think or what I found so far.Flutter is a part of aeroelasticity which is quite heavy and I need more time for it.

Dear Falcon,

How exactly does one put the center of gravity and/or the center of mass ''ahead of the hinge line'' on a full-flying stab?

The type of mass-balancing referred to there is like that which is done on MANY (if not most) hinged control surfaces like ailerons and elevators. We're talking full-flying stabs here, so let's not let the truth get lost in translation.
The hinge-line is the PIVOT on a full-flying stab. There is no difference between an ordinary balanced control surface hinge-line compared to a full flying stab in any way. Same physics, same laws. Both area and weight infront of pivot is the same as an dynamic or static (or both) balanced ordinary aileron, rudder or elevator.
If there is anything else, just let me know.
I hope this is within the rules for the thread, since it`s a question containing harazment pointed at me.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:26 PM
JackD
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dear Falcon,

The hinge-line is the PIVOT on a full-flying stab. There is no difference between an ordinary balanced control surface hinge-line compared to a full flying stab in any way. Same physics, same laws. Both area and weight infront of pivot is the same as an dynamic or static (or both) balanced ordinary aileron, rudder or elevator.
If there is anything else, just let me know.
I hope this is within the rules for the thread, since it`s a question containing harazment pointed at me.
Pleaseeeeeee stoooooopppppp
Old 05-10-2013, 05:02 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

BAAAAAZING!!!!

And going and going and going....

[]
Old 05-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: AFTERBURNER1

BAAAAAZING!!!!

And going and going and going....

[[img][/img]]

Hehe,

Cool! I think that's the most helpful and informative post I've ever read from you.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Falcon 64

Deleted. Thought it was a reply to me.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:31 PM
AFTERBURNER1

If you say so.....
Old 05-11-2013, 01:37 AM
jetnuno

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

FEJ reply to this thread:

http://www.flyeaglejet.com/en/index%20jet.html

Special offer
Membership buys an JetCat P140RX , can get viper-M special price for $888 usd
(Model with complete landing gear, fuel tanks, tail pipe, hardware package, cockpit detail w/o pilot, pro-extra work done)

Try it at $88 and see if I buy[:'(]
Old 05-11-2013, 03:07 AM
Lil Hoss
My Feedback: (58)

ORIGINAL: jetnuno

Special offer
(Model with complete landing gear, fuel tanks, tail pipe, hardware package, cockpit detail w/o pilot, pro-extra work done)

Is it necessery to post this????
This thread is over,,,,,,,
We have read enough bashing.

Hoss
Old 05-11-2013, 04:17 AM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Special offer

I would be careful clicking this link, my computer completely hung up on it had to switch it off to get out of the web page
Old 05-11-2013, 04:37 AM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Xairflyer

Special offer

I would be careful clicking this link, my computer completely hung up on it had to switch it off to get out of the web page
Must be your computer. No problem here...

Gerry
Old 05-11-2013, 09:56 AM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Special offer

So, to be a member of this "elite club", one would have had to previously bought one of their jets? These jets don't seem to have a long life. They tend to require great modifications or crash within less than 20 flights or so. Why would anyone buy another jet after their first experience with this company wasn't successfull?

Sounds to me that FEJ is already feeling the effects of this thread, and is making a desperate attempt to stay alive and lure in more victims.

Hmmmm, doesn't say that the JetCat is new. Probably a reconditioned engine that has all the similar characteristics of an FEJ F-14.
Then you are left to figure out if your "membership jet" went down due to design failure or engine failure! The madness continues.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:31 AM
AFTERBURNER1

Awesome looking and flys even better.... Oh yeah,,,,, it's a FEJ.

[]

[]
Old 05-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Falcon 64

Since you are a rep, what is your thoughts about the engine that FEJ offer? 888 USD for an P140 RX.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:09 PM
RCJetBazz

Yeah right, do you own it? How many flights on that jet before it goes in like rest of their fleet in Florida and everywhere else?  Then again, you're a jetkitty rep, perhaps a good combo - overrated engine powering an under-engineered airframe.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:12 PM
RCJetBazz

Mr. Jetcat rep, could you be so kind to explain what's that thing hanging at the bottom making it flying so good? lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.