Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 03:24 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
Actually it will be even better, we will be selling REX receivers in two configurations. But even the basic one will have all the extra hardware installed, that Assist has but disabled. You can buy basic REX 7/10/12 receiver (Much Cheaper) and later if you want to update firmware for nominal fee to support full stabilization and extra sensors (Vario, G-Force...).

Zb/Jeti USA
Well I like this a lot more......I would take everything but the assist
Old 01-25-2015, 03:00 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NEW Tx FROM JETI THE DC24

For those whom like tray styleTXs Jeti,s first own Tx was the DC16. It was quickly followed by a hand held version DS16, both I believe share the same software.
Well now it would seem "as seen on FB" there is a proposed new Jeti Tx on it way, the DC24. So I'm guessing its likely there's going to be a new version of our DS16 with a DS24 version ?
Now even if a new DS24 Tx were in the same case as our currant DS16 but with updated software we could be looking at an extra 8chs to play with

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeti DC24.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	2067532  

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 01-25-2015 at 05:51 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:46 AM
Puttputt maru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speaking of new stuff this is not really Jeti but an indication technology having no limits so far.This little gizmo has cruise control for your jets among other things.
Anyone using it?
http://www.ultimate-jets.net/product...en-assi-module

Name:	TOP02_large.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	2068222  
Old 01-27-2015, 10:27 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by Puttputt maru
Speaking of new stuff this is not really Jeti but an indication technology having no limits so far.This little gizmo has cruise control for your jets among other things.
Anyone using it?
http://www.ultimate-jets.net/product...en-assi-module
From what I'm reading on there's site it isn't compatible with Jeti....?
Old 01-27-2015, 01:23 PM
Jeti USA

[h=2]Jeti Duplex DC-24 2.4GHz Radio System with Color Display and Dual Haptic Feedback!!![/h]
Old 01-27-2015, 01:56 PM
Dansy

Haptic feedback?
Old 01-27-2015, 03:22 PM
Puttputt maru

Originally Posted by Dansy
Haptic feedback?
is a tactile feedback technology which recreates the sense of touch by applying forces, vibrations, or motions to the user (Wikipedia)

So I guess it will have vibration alarm
Old 01-27-2015, 03:46 PM
Puttputt maru

I am trying to stream line my flight modes for my jets.

I am always hesitant to include flaps and retracts in flight modes so I have them all on separate switches.

Can you guys give me an idea of what you usually use and what you include in your flight modes with the Jeti Tx?
Old 01-27-2015, 03:48 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I would assume that it will provide feed back through the joy sticks, i.e. give you real time feedback of the feel of the model
Old 01-27-2015, 04:38 PM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Each stick has its own vibration, try imagine the posibilities. You can have stall speed alarms or fuel alarms.
Here is another one, with upcoming G-Force sensor you can have haptic feedback, if you are approaching top speed.

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 01-28-2015, 02:05 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

On most of my jets I se 3 flight modes,take off, cruise and landing. I slave the gear, flaps, steering and brakes to these modes.However for he first few flights I do the gear and flaps (slats too were applicable) manually until I am happy with the setup.
John
Old 01-28-2015, 04:54 AM
Puttputt maru

I am always hesitant to include flaps and retracts in flight modes so I have them all on separate switches.

Can you guys give me an idea of what you usually use and what you include in your flight modes with the Jeti Tx?
Originally Posted by JohnMac
On most of my jets I se 3 flight modes,take off, cruise and landing. I slave the gear, flaps, steering and brakes to these modes.However for he first few flights I do the gear and flaps (slats too were applicable) manually until I am happy with the setup.
John
Thanks John
Old 01-28-2015, 06:08 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been going through this exercise myself. In the past I've had a single switch for Dual Rates/Expo, 1 for landing gear and one for flaps. After thinking about how I could reduce switch flipping I've come up with the following that seems Ok to me. I use a 3 position switch and configure flight modes for cruise, half flaps and full flaps. I also use tflight modes to set dual rates and expos that I feel are suitable for each mode. I basically have the the first switch position as cruise with no flaps, the next as half flaps and the 3rd as full flaps. Since I tend to set half flaps on the down wind leg of a landing approach and select full after turning onto final, assuming I want to land with full flaps, I wanted to avoid having to jump across switch positions to get to a different flaps position. I've seen guys put cruise in the center and half one way and full the other but I didn't like that as I wanted to avoid flipping through cruise mode to get from half to full flaps. I also don't want the gear on the flight mode as I will often land with no flaps in high wind / cross wind situations so I have a separate gear switch.. Still not 100% sure if I want to continue with with flaps controlled by flight modes as for some planes I would like to have an additional mode with higher rates and different expo for aerobatics. In that case, it seems best to have separate flaps, gear and rate switches. I still haven't come up with something that I think will be ideal for all my jets yet but I would like to settle on a single scheme so my controls are always the same for every model. This is a subject that I think could be worth having a thread of it's own..
Old 01-28-2015, 07:34 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Originally Posted by Jeti USA
Jeti Duplex DC-24 2.4GHz Radio System with Color Display and Dual Haptic Feedback!!!

This radio could get me to jump ship if my current radio manufacturer doesn't come out with some useful updates.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:07 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by afterburner
This radio could get me to jump ship if my current radio manufacturer doesn't come out with some useful updates.
If i didn't already have 2 DC-16 Carbon....ya for sure but....I do!
Old 01-28-2015, 08:14 AM
Puttputt maru

Do I hear: Man overboard LOL

Last edited by Puttputt maru; 01-28-2015 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:19 AM
Puttputt maru

Originally Posted by wfield0455
I've been going through this exercise myself. In the past I've had a single switch for Dual Rates/Expo, 1 for landing gear and one for flaps. After thinking about how I could reduce switch flipping I've come up with the following that seems Ok to me. I use a 3 position switch and configure flight modes for cruise, half flaps and full flaps. I also use tflight modes to set dual rates and expos that I feel are suitable for each mode. I basically have the the first switch position as cruise with no flaps, the next as half flaps and the 3rd as full flaps. Since I tend to set half flaps on the down wind leg of a landing approach and select full after turning onto final, assuming I want to land with full flaps, I wanted to avoid having to jump across switch positions to get to a different flaps position. I've seen guys put cruise in the center and half one way and full the other but I didn't like that as I wanted to avoid flipping through cruise mode to get from half to full flaps. I also don't want the gear on the flight mode as I will often land with no flaps in high wind / cross wind situations so I have a separate gear switch.. Still not 100% sure if I want to continue with with flaps controlled by flight modes as for some planes I would like to have an additional mode with higher rates and different expo for aerobatics. In that case, it seems best to have separate flaps, gear and rate switches. I still haven't come up with something that I think will be ideal for all my jets yet but I would like to settle on a single scheme so my controls are always the same for every model. This is a subject that I think could be worth having a thread of it's own..
This is pretty much my conendrum especially flying both 3D aerobatic and jets. I am looking at a way to actually have just 3 flight modes for Jets: take off, cruise and landing that will be on a 3 position switch but setting up more modes on an other switch that will give me the possibility to override them for specific situations: in case of high wind to have less flaps for example.

With the flexibility of the system it would be possible. My idea is to have one switch for 95% of the situations and an other for the other 5%.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:52 AM
afterburner

Do I hear: Man overboard LOL
Yeah, the water is still with inactivity and customer requested updates seem to fall on deaf ears.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:19 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by wfield0455
There is thread like this already floating around, but I do not remember the title and it's been a few months. I'll see if I can did it up.

EDIT:
It may or may not be what you're looking for, but this is the thread I was thinking about.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...signments.html

Last edited by George; 01-29-2015 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Found link
Old 01-29-2015, 07:10 AM
Puttputt maru

Originally Posted by George
There is thread like this already floating around, but I do not remember the title and it's been a few months. I'll see if I can did it up.

EDIT:
It may or may not be what you're looking for, but this is the thread I was thinking about.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...signments.html
Thanks for the link it was an interesting read, helpful in other ways. Always great to have other RC flyer perspective and reasoning behind it.

By the way this is not Jeti but I think this is a product that I just discovered in the Jet International magazine and ordered immediately. I have been using Jersey modellers tanks and electric pump for years now and enjoy them and this look like a winner too.

http://www.jerseymodeler.com/id29.html

It is not very well explained on the web site but it is a filler valve system with a quarter turn to engage and disengage very leak proof (according to RC Jet Int.) and what I really like, with an overflow, quarter turn too, plug for transport with a neat ''remove before flight' flag. Have a look
Old 01-29-2015, 12:34 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Go ahead Marty... jump in ...the water is fine... LOL

I now have a DS-16
Old 01-29-2015, 12:40 PM
Jedei120

Jump on in the water is certainly fine.....

Name:	IMG_1423.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	462.5 KB
ID:	2068927  
Old 01-29-2015, 06:21 PM
Helijet

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Need some help..

I have the Mbar hooked up to my retract air input line. I am using a separate 3 channel receiver with the jetibox profi that my spotter will be able to use inflight.
I have the kPa coming up but I am unable to get an alarm assigned to the sensor.
Any suggestions on a) switching to psi and b) getting a min/max alarm set up on the box??

thanks
Dean
Old 01-29-2015, 07:37 PM
afterburner

Originally Posted by RCISFUN
Go ahead Marty... jump in ...the water is fine... LOL

I now have a DS-16
I'll have to fondle the DS-24 before jumping in. Maybe I'll get to see the DC at First in Flight or more likely at Kentucky.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:27 AM
Jeti USA

We just tested DPSI 2018 with Jeti, this thing works like a Swiss clock.
You can see up to 15 different sets of telemetry data on Jeti Tx Screen.

Get up to 36 servos from distribution box with dual receivers and dual input batteries.
Use S.Bus or Standard PWM outputs anywhere on the power line.

Zb/Jeti USA

Emcotec DPSI 2018 Power & Signal Distribution Unit
Dual power supply which converts the M signals of five popular receiver systems to S. Bus and PWM signals. The system offers the possibility to connect up to 36 servo motors.

With the S. Bus system, several servo motors can be connected to the DPSI 2018 with just one single S. Bus cable. Consequently, there is only one cable that needs to be run through the fuselage to the tail and two additional cables to connect the wings.

The servo motors can be connected to the S. Bus cable at the very spot where they are needed using special S. Bus terminal blocks. Each servo motor can be addressed via its own unique identifier.

Programming:
The connected S. Bus servo motors can be programmed - e.g. using a laptop - directly via the receiver input of the DPSI 2018.

Channel set-up, pulse width, rotation direction and delay between pulses etc. can be conveniently adjusted using the computer software.

With S. Bus terminal blocks that have a special PWM adapter, even conventional servo motors can be connected to an S. Bus cable. In this case the terminal blocks are addressed and programmed via an own unique identifier not the S. Bus servos.

Compatible Transmitter Systems:
At the moment, the new dual power supply DPSI 2018 can be used with five popular receiver systems:
- Futaba S. Bus / S. Bus 2
- Spektrum DSM2 / DSMX
- Multiplex M-Link
- Graupner/SJ HOTT
- Jeti duplex PPM / EX Bus
- JR sum signal

Name:	DPSI 2018  Spodek.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	282.0 KB
ID:	2069155   Click image for larger version

Name:	DPSI 2018 #2 det na spodek 2018.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	256.1 KB
ID:	2069156  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.