Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 02:03 PM
Ray Millington

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all,
Has anyone any information on how to connect additional RX or Central Box to get the extra channels available with the latest TX 4.0 upgrade?
I E does the additional RX or CB require its own power supply and RSATS ?
I am aware that the CB ,RX, and Rsats need to have the latest updates
any help would be appreciated
regards Ray
Old 01-19-2016, 03:06 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray Millington
Hi all,
Has anyone any information on how to connect additional RX or Central Box to get the extra channels available with the latest TX 4.0 upgrade?
I E does the additional RX or CB require its own power supply and RSATS ?
I am aware that the CB ,RX, and Rsats need to have the latest updates
any help would be appreciated
regards Ray
There are a few things you could do but all require that you have the latest 24 channel receiver firmware as well as the V4.0 transmitter firmware. To date, I believe only the REX receivers and Central box have this. For the central box to work properly with 24 channels will also require 24 channel software on the connected receivers and I don't think R3/RSWs or Rsats have had the 24 channel update released yet.

For now you could do something like install 2, 12 channel REX receivers and have 1-12 on one receiver and 13-24 on the other.

I believe once the R3/RWS and Rsat receiver firmware supporting 24 channels is released you will then be able to connect 2, Rsats using EX Bus to a CB200, configure an EX Bus output on the CB200 and connect that to a CB100 for the remaining channels. The CB100 would want it's own battery connection but shouldn't need separate receivers.
I guess in the meantime, you could use 2, REX receivers connected to the CB200 in place of the Rsats to test this out.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:34 AM
Ray Millington

Hi Wayne,
Thank you for the reply i understand that i could use as you suggest 2 12 channel rx to get the extra channels i do however favour the Central box options.
I will therefor wait until the firmware for the Rsats and Rsw ect is available.
regards Ray.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:48 AM
Jeti USA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At this moment only 2x REX 7 with Central Box 400 can give you full 24 channels. The test software for R3 is still beta.
If somebody would like to try it contact me at [email protected]

Zb/Jeti USA
Old 01-20-2016, 07:34 AM
Puttputt maru

Anybody figured out yet who does the new voice for the Tx with the 4.0 upgrade?
Old 01-20-2016, 07:46 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

I have been using the voice reader apps IOS, it work fine but it's not even close to the same voice....
Old 01-20-2016, 08:10 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by Puttputt maru
Anybody figured out yet who does the new voice for the Tx with the 4.0 upgrade?
Puttputt,
I haven't figured out the exact voice used in V4.0 but the one used on https://www.rc-thoughts.com/tts/converter.php sounds pretty close, at least for the US English voice. It's provided as a free public service and all you need to do is type in your message and download the wav file.
So far it's about the best I've been able to find..
Old 01-20-2016, 08:52 AM
stegl

Agree with Wfield ,as that was the link I was going to suggest. Actually , from my understanding and the voice files provided in the Jeti .ce website; these are third party wave files. The nice thing with the RC-thoughts wav file generator is that you can speed up or slow down the voice which is very good rather than a quick short file that may be hard to understand and each file can be adjusted to suit. Plus where do you get a choice of 5 English voice files.

I am sure there are other TTS converters out there that will do the same thing and if a person was really particular they could redo all their .wav files under one voice and I am sure there must be software to use a mike to create your own voice .wav file.

Last edited by stegl; 01-20-2016 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:05 PM
JoeJr1485

Hey everyone, so I have read almost every thread and I am still trying to figure out if there is still issues with using the Igyro SRS with the central box. I have the Igyro and I am in the process of getting the Central Box 400. What is the best way for connection? I will be using three R3/RWS receivers. Could you please help.

Thank you
Old 01-25-2016, 07:20 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by JoeJr1485
Hey everyone, so I have read almost every thread and I am still trying to figure out if there is still issues with using the Igyro SRS with the central box. I have the Igyro and I am in the process of getting the Central Box 400. What is the best way for connection? I will be using three R3/RWS receivers. Could you please help.

Thank you
After looking through the documentation it appears the easiest way to connect the Igyro SRS to the CB400 is to configure an EXT port to provide EXBus output and use a SlinkE, EX Bus to SBus converter to connect it to the iGryoSRS which would be configured for SBus input.. The SlinkE is a nice compact unit and very reasonably priced..
Old 01-25-2016, 07:43 AM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (39)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

@Wayne,

the iGyro accepts the Jeti UDI and EX Bus inputs, no need for a converter!

@Joe

since the Jeti Central boxes only accept a serial input, they are somewhat less than perfect to combine with a gyro. The aileron, elevator & rudder servos would have to be connected to the gyro and not the Centralbox and hence defeats its purpose. I think it would be better to have the gyro wired before the power unit, but that is not possible.

Please do not misunderstand me, I like both Powerbox and Jeti products and use them both a lot, but for your application I'd use a Powerbox Royal that combines the gyro and a power distribution unit in one box.

Thomas
Old 01-25-2016, 08:28 AM
Puttputt maru

I wonder if you could use the same type of connection described here for the iGyro:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=12166

It works great for me with with CB200 and Cortex and still maintaining the protection of the cortex
Old 01-25-2016, 08:47 AM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by Puttputt maru
I wonder if you could use the same type of connection described here for the iGyro:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=12166

It works great for me with with CB200 and Cortex and still maintaining the protection of the cortex
You can certainly do that to improve power distribution to the iGyro SRS. When I recently installed a Flex Innovations Aura8 Fight Stabilizer in a 100CC Aerobatics airplane that had a CB200 installed, I used SBus to connect to the Aura 8 .I then made the same Y harnesses described in your link to improve power distribution to the Aura 8. At the time, I used a Futaba SBE-1 to convert the Servo outputs to SBus but I've since purchased an SlinkE to replace the SBE-1. I'm just trying to find the time to install it. The same setup should work fine with the iGyro SRS.. When using Y harness that draw power from the Central Box be certain to remove the signal wire from the side of the Y harness that plugs into the Central Box servo port.

Last edited by wfield0455; 01-25-2016 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:47 PM
REDBULL FRANCE

Hello,

Here is how to connect your Igyro srs with CB200, CB400 for it is similar.
Mode Ex
V24 Igyro and V3.24 Rsat

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1429.JPG
Views:	465
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	2143535   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1430.JPG
Views:	517
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	2143536  
Old 01-25-2016, 03:01 PM
JoeJr1485

Thank you Wayne, Thomas, Puttputt maru, and redbull France. This really helps me out. I just hate that it seems that everything else works together nicely but jeti just doesn't want to play so well. I love Jeti and all that it provides but I just wish it would make it more compatible. Redbull France, with how you have yours connected, do you run the servos from the Igyro or can you run them still from the CB200/400? I guess what I am looking to do is on page 9 and/or 10 of the manual of the Igyro. I know it shows pictures of the powerbox but that's how I want to have it work.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:07 PM
bluelevel

Joe,

what our French friend shows is just the connection of the receivers to the Centralbox. The servos would still plug into the iGyro. The only way NOT to load the iGyro too much with the current of the servos is the connection scheme that Puttputt maru showed. Not the most elegant way, but feasible. You also should keep in mind that this workaround is only advised if you do NOT have more than one servo per surface (for example in a jet). If you want to use it for giant scale applications, you would need matchboxes and using these wired in series AFTER the Central box would be absolutely absurd.

Thomas
Old 01-25-2016, 03:14 PM
REDBULL FRANCE

Originally Posted by bluelevel
Joe,

what our French friend shows is just the connection of the receivers to the Centralbox. The servos would still plug into the iGyro. The only way NOT to load the iGyro too much with the current of the servos is the connection scheme that Puttputt maru showed. Not the most elegant way, but feasible. You also should keep in mind that this workaround is only advised if you do NOT have more than one servo per surface (for example in a jet). If you want to use it for giant scale applications, you would need matchboxes and using these wired in series AFTER the Central box would be absolutely absurd.

Thomas
+1

Thomas is right,

must be connected to the servos igyro
Old 01-25-2016, 03:15 PM
JoeJr1485

Originally Posted by bluelevel
Joe,

Thomas
Thanks Thomas. It will be going in a FB viper. Most likely I will hold off in putting it in. I still have to order the CB400.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:19 PM
bluelevel

A CB400 is total overkill, I don't think you need that many channels? In a jet you could absolutely use the connection scheme that PuttPutt suggested, the load on the surfaces isn't that high in a jet compared to a giant scale airplane. I would still suggest to use a Powerbox Royal instead if you are still flexible on the equipment.

Thomas
Old 01-25-2016, 03:21 PM
JoeJr1485

Originally Posted by REDBULL FRANCE
+1

Thomas is right,

must be connected to the servos igyro
Redbull France, From the pictures you listed, you are using Y connectors correct? Are they connected into the EXT ports on the receivers? Are the ailerons, rudder, and elevators isolated to the Igyro and the rest of the ports sent to the CB200? I hope I explained that right for understanding. Is the Igryo drawing power from the CB? and are you able to set the Volts to the servos connected to the Igyro?

Thank you again for all the help.

Joe
Old 01-25-2016, 03:40 PM
REDBULL FRANCE

Originally Posted by JoeJr1485
Redbull France, From the pictures you listed, you are using Y connectors correct? Are they connected into the EXT ports on the receivers? Are the ailerons, rudder, and elevators isolated to the Igyro and the rest of the ports sent to the CB200? I hope I explained that right for understanding. Is the Igryo drawing power from the CB? and are you able to set the Volts to the servos connected to the Igyro?

Thank you again for all the help.
Joe
Joe,
Yes those are Y, voltage servo is not adjustable in the Igyro,
The ailerons,elevators, rudder are well connected to the igyro, other servos must be connected to the CB.
Yes RSAT are connected to the EXT output

My favorite choice is the Powerbox Royal who has the Igyro and voltage regulation

Mikaël

Name:	IMG_1431.JPG
Views:	551
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	2143541  

Last edited by REDBULL FRANCE; 01-25-2016 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:51 PM
JoeJr1485

Originally Posted by REDBULL FRANCE
Joe,
Yes those are Y, voltage servo is not adjustable in the Igyro,
The ailerons,elevators, rudder are well connected to the igyro, other servos must be connected to the CB.
Yes RSAT are connected to the EXT output

My favorite choice is the Powerbox Royal who has the Igyro and voltage regulation

Mikaël
Mikaël,

Man, Nice setup! Are you using Telemetry too? I love your layout. What paint/coating did you use for the inside?? So you are not using the CB200 anymore I take it? looking at the picture, what is that you are using in the bottom left of the picture?

Last edited by JoeJr1485; 01-25-2016 at 03:58 PM. Reason: question
Old 01-25-2016, 04:04 PM
REDBULL FRANCE

Joe,
Cb 200 will be mounted in my next Jet with Igyro srs with HV servos,I also owns a CB 200 with a Cortex Bavarian Demon, I like to try all models
Yes telemetry operates with the Powerbox Royal.

The painting is in hobby stores in France.
http://www.leroymerlin.fr/v3/p/produ...i-0-4l-e129138

Name:	aerosol-interieur-exterieur-rustoleum-fer-vielli-0-4l.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	2143544  
Old 01-25-2016, 04:08 PM
JoeJr1485

Okay thank you. What is that you are using in the bottom left of the picture?
Old 01-25-2016, 04:12 PM
REDBULL FRANCE

From what image?
The batteries may be?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.