Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fej sports jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fej sports jet

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 05:29 AM
philjac94

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by basimpsn
I really think Philjac94 (ARGUE) too much and no building....................BUILD THE D#MN JET AND FLY IT PLZ ... 7 PAGE AND NO GLUE ?... WE ALL KNOW FEJ HAVE PROBLEMS..BUT WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE (FEJ SPORT JET) so get to work and stop teasin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGeKSiCQkPw
You are right BASIMPSN but I did explain back about 5 or 6 pages I am away until tomorrow night, the plan is to get a few things sorted with the wife then when she aint looking, say hello to the kids, pat the dog, kick the cat then get into the shed and build some more.
Now this thread is partly your fault.....if you would have posted that video up on page 1, I doubt I would not have bothered to argue. Very Funny!

Last edited by philjac94; 04-16-2014 at 06:05 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:29 AM
Chris Smith
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by KENTUCKY123
Anway i for one have had enough, i am going out now to fly my beautiful FEJ Phantom, i love this plane, i have always been a fan of the Phantom and i have had a FB and a SM in the past. both of which flew very well but the FEJ is bigger
Seems the WX isn't that great. Where is Sydney KY?
Old 04-16-2014, 05:30 AM
KENTUCKY123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Airplanes400
I repeat, again, i have 3 FEJ jets and i have not had any problems with any of them after the flights i have had, albeit, maybe not as many as some of you may have had with other jets. I have never had to contact FEJ re any problems so i cant comment on any after sales service or or anything else re FEJ. I do not know anybody personally that has lost an FEJ jet for any reason so i do not know how many pilots have lost their FEJ jet for what ever reason. I have seen a lot of FEJ jets flying on various youtube sites and not just the site controlled by FEJ, i dont know if any of these jets have been lost after the video was shot. I am sure however if any of these had been lost during filming or any other time, we would all hear about it. Do you know how many FEJ have actually been lost due to structural failure or, like any other story or rumour, has it been completely blown out of preportion. I dont know the answer to any of these questions, i only know philjac94 thought he was doing the right thing to write a build thread to, possibly, help any one else that may have been considering the purchase of this kit. Nobody, as far as i am aware, nobody has written a build thread or even built this kit so maybe it will turn out to be totally improved from the problems you are quoting from previous models, we may know the answer to that when Philjac94 has completed his build and had several test flights under its belt.
We can go on about this over and over and get nowhere, the guys that have lost FEJ jets may never buy another one no matter what result comes from the build thread or the various things that have been written here but maybe philjac94 will have a successful build and even a successful number of flights and other people may buy this jet and have the same results. How many flights is considered necessary to prove the structure is airworthy? 10, 20 30 or what.
what was the average number of flights the MANY other guys had before their plane was destroyed by flutter or what ever? How MANY other guys are you talking about? I dont know the answers to any of those questions so please enlighten me.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:18 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Airplanes400
I repeat, again, i have 3 FEJ jets and i have not had any problems with any of them after the flights i have had, albeit, maybe not as many as some of you may have had with other jets. I have never had to contact FEJ re any problems so i cant comment on any after sales service or or anything else re FEJ. I do not know anybody personally that has lost an FEJ jet for any reason so i do not know how many pilots have lost their FEJ jet for what ever reason. I have seen a lot of FEJ jets flying on various youtube sites and not just the site controlled by FEJ, i dont know if any of these jets have been lost after the video was shot. I am sure however if any of these had been lost during filming or any other time, we would all hear about it. Do you know how many FEJ have actually been lost due to structural failure or, like any other story or rumour, has it been completely blown out of preportion. I dont know the answer to any of these questions, i only know philjac94 thought he was doing the right thing to write a build thread to, possibly, help any one else that may have been considering the purchase of this kit. Nobody, as far as i am aware, nobody has written a build thread or even built this kit so maybe it will turn out to be totally improved from the problems you are quoting from previous models, we may know the answer to that when Philjac94 has completed his build and had several test flights under its belt.
We can go on about this over and over and get nowhere, the guys that have lost FEJ jets may never buy another one no matter what result comes from the build thread or the various things that have been written here but maybe philjac94 will have a successful build and even a successful number of flights and other people may buy this jet and have the same results. How many flights is considered necessary to prove the structure is airworthy? 10, 20 30 or what.
what was the average number of flights the MANY other guys had before their plane was destroyed by flutter or what ever? How MANY other guys are you talking about? I dont know the answers to any of those questions so please enlighten me.
In the last year there have been the following FEJ failures reported on RCU.

1.) 1/7 F-14
2.) 1/6 F-18
3.) 1/4 Hawk
4.) 1/4 Hawk
5.) 1/5 F-16
6.) A-7 (owned by FEJ rep)
7.) 1/3 Hawk (owned by FEJ)
8.) 1/5 F-86

There may be more...
Old 04-16-2014, 07:20 AM
Jgwright

Originally Posted by philjac94
HiGlenn

The guy on youtube who loaded up his F14 with 60kgs of weight, why did he do that?
I can answer that one. The plane was over the German weight limit of 25 Kg and had to be static weight tested as all models are that are over the weight limit. I have also had one scratch built jet weight tested as part of LMA British Large Model Association and also the German authority. The F14 was loaded with more than 60 Kg as being a fighter with full aerobatic routine has to cope with 7G. It did not meet the weight limit out of the box, but with the mods he subsequently made passed the weight test.

John

John
Old 04-16-2014, 07:22 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Anyone who posts a FEJ build thread on RCU will get the same scrutiny. Starting a new one won't prevent me and others who have been scrupulously separated from our hard earned money, from posting warnings to others about FEJ. The company is fraudulent. They don't deserve any attention other than folks warning others not to buy the stuff.

Last edited by AndyAndrews; 04-16-2014 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:43 AM
SushiHunter

Originally Posted by philjac94
@Kentucky123 just when you think your doing the right thing!! You know that thing, that forums are supposed to promote?
A big part of this forum is the dissemination of information, both positives and negatives. And just as long as the positives are discussed, the negatives will be as well.

Last edited by SushiHunter; 04-16-2014 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:58 AM
Shaun Evans

Originally Posted by AndyAndrews
Don't worry phil, you aren't crazy. Mr. Yellow typically picks out the parts of the arguments that suit him and ignores the rest. That is his MO.
LOL,

Wow. Talk about the pot and the kettle...... I'm surprised you put together the cells to spell MO. Well, knowing you and your knuckledraggery, you probably meant Missouri....
Old 04-16-2014, 08:02 AM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

In the words of Toby Keith..............A little less talk and a lot more action.......................
Old 04-16-2014, 08:16 AM
Jgwright

How many flights is considered necessary to prove the structure is airworthy? 10, 20 30 or what.
In the UK under LMA rules for jets over 20Kg which would apply for most of the larger jets now available, they have to fly 12 flights or 1 hour if between 20 and 30 Kg. These flights have to be witnessed by the LMA witness and a log book has to be filled out and submitted before being flown in public.

John
Old 04-16-2014, 08:49 AM
AndyAndrews

Last edited by AndyAndrews; 04-16-2014 at 05:02 PM. Reason: trying to maintain my civility
Old 04-16-2014, 09:40 AM
LarsL

Basimpsn said it best… get on with the bloody build already! I know that it has only been since April 9 that this thread was started and that things needed sorting with the wife, the kids greeted, the dog petted, and the cat kicked, so now that all of that has been done, the build will commence.

By the way, the anti-FEJ posts are not in any way preventing Phil from doing the build; the posts complaining about that are just crying for no reason. Everyone has a right to post one way or another as long as they follow the rules here and don’t get to a personal level. Phil can just crack on, ignore those posts, and report whatever he wants. He said the hobby is not a totalitarian state but that means just like everything else in the FREE world, there are folks who take one side and others who will take the other, each able to express their opinions. Phil can make it as hard or easy on himself as he likes depending on how much he wants to post on the build and/or respond to the anti-FEJ posts.

I do have a probably rhetorical question of Phil in regards to his conclusions at the completion of the build and subsequent test flights that he will I assume report on. What conclusion could you/we make about this build and perhaps FEJ? It is a sample size of one which statistically is as weak as it gets. If it goes well, I would have a hard time agreeing with any broad conclusions because of the sample size. If it goes poorly, does it just continue to reinforce that FEJ is an inferior company with substandard product (remember though that Kentucky123 and I believe a couple of others here have FEJ jets with no issues whatsoever)? Again, it’s a statistical sample of one. If you have no broad conclusions and simply say your jet has great quality and first class service from FEJ, then you can expect that folks will counter with their negative experiences.

At the end of the day, I think the thread can be educational in helping folks to observe and learn from an ARF jet build, this one being an FEJ.

Whether deserved or not and I do not have personal firsthand experience, with a population of folks here on the websites, FEJ has a poor quality/service history. Hyundai also had a terrible quality and service reputation not that long ago. They do not today and have a reputation equal to the best of any of the other OEM’s they compete with. They turned that around by turning the company around and addressing it from top to bottom. Just one example that was directed right at the consumer was their warranty. I may be wrong, but I believe they were the first to come out with a very long and comprehensive warranty (I think 100K miles). It didn’t turn around overnight and it was a slog, but turn it around they did.

If FEJ wants to turn their reputation around, they need to do so in the same manner as Hyundai. I’m not saying that they give everyone a jet who has crashed one, as financially I’m not sure they could do so. Perhaps some sort of reduced cost replacement with a warranty that was beyond what their competitors are offering. They of course would need to have the product that could stand up to that and they as a company would have to follow through.

Lars
Old 04-16-2014, 10:11 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by SushiHunter
what would need to be modified/corrected/repaired/replaced/etc.

Well that is an easy answer. EVERYTHING... But the painter.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:33 AM
SushiHunter

Originally Posted by invertmast
Well that is an easy answer. EVERYTHING... But the painter.
LOL! It's possible to change everything, but would it really be worth the time, effort and also cost effective? Earlier in a response on this thread I read where it was mentioned that a specific number of successful flights have to be accomplished before the ac can be flown in public, within a specific weight range. I'm curious how the FEJ's do on that. I've also watched that famous sand bag static load test video. Looked like a lot more weight was put on that bird than what they are claiming, but watching that video I was thinking "your going to put more on there... on top of what's already on it?" Yikes! What would proper load weight be for such an a/c? Is there any videos out there with the same test done to other brands of ac with the same amount of weight? However, from what I've seen on youtube in regards to FEJ failures, it seems the majority is the tail section being the weakest link so far. That sand bag test is only on the wings. Do they have any such tests done on the tail sections?

Last edited by SushiHunter; 04-16-2014 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:38 AM
AndyAndrews

Just shut it down and start over with new ownership and name. FEJ as a company is a lost cause.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:42 AM
SushiHunter

Just shut it down and start over with new ownership and name. FEJ as a company is a lost cause.
Ha! Reminds me of when a restaurant hangs up one of those "grand opening, under new management" signs after it's got a bad reputation, yet the only difference between the old place and the new is just the sign, same staff, same menu, food and service. etc. If it does work, it will only do so for a very short period of time.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:16 AM
Damo260

Originally Posted by molo_30
Yes fenderbean, the pics don't do it justice. The fuselage actually snapped just behind the wing (as you can see the fold line from the stress in one of the photos) They believe by that stage of events the rear part of the broken fuse had broken the aileron off and in turn ripped the servo out.
Hi Mark

With that F-16 I would say they would have got Aileron flutter first because no one would had done the mod I did to the wing to stop any flex in the wing skin and beef up the servo boxes.
And servo's did they have on the Elevators and Ailerons as well???

Damo
Old 04-16-2014, 11:17 AM
AndyAndrews

Originally Posted by SushiHunter
Ha! Reminds me of when a restaurant hangs up one of those "grand opening, under new management" signs after it's got a bad reputation, yet the only difference between the old place and the new is just the sign, same staff, same menu, food and service. etc. If it does work, it will only do so for a very short period of time.
If someone else made a run of it, I would give them a chance. The problem is that the folks running it now are hardcore criminals who are running a fraudulent organization. They steal money from people who are uniformed of their corrupt enterprise. It makes me sick to see them still selling jets to innocent people.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:20 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

A few years ago at Kentucky Jets I met Jim McEwen (RCjet_63) and he said that I was Dad. I asked him what that meant. He said that growing up when mom told them to stop doing something that they really didn't have to do it, but when dad walked into the room and said that it was time to stop that they knew they were really in trouble and it was time to stop whatever they were doing. Ok, if what Jim was saying works here that's fine with me..... Dad's home everybody!!!

The petty bickering, attacks on each other, insults, name calling, and all the rest of the fighting need to stop right here and right now. I understand that discussing Fly Eagle Jets is a passionate matter and that many people get worked up about it, but that doesn't mean that we need to start insulting each other. If you can't discuss the matter without resorting to attacking somebody you don't agree with then maybe you should refrain from discussing the matter, because if I see anymore the petty attacks on each other you will be dealing directly with me. There isn't any reason why this issue can't be discussed without insulting each other.

Also, I had to remove a bunch of posts from this thread and was because of one of our favorite little banned friends (not naming any names here) managed to slip back in again, and I had to remove all of his posts as well as the replies to those posts. Hope everybody understands.

Ken
Old 04-16-2014, 11:26 AM
AndyAndrews

Originally Posted by Damo260
Hi Mark

With that F-16 I would say they would have got Aileron flutter first because no one would had done the mod I did to the wing to stop any flex in the wing skin and beef up the servo boxes.
And servo's did they have on the Elevators and Ailerons as well???

Damo
It doesn't matter. The result is still the same... another FEJ smoldering hole in the ground. Going through the painfully excruciating ad nauseam question routine, as to the cause, other than design failure, that we constantly hear after EVERY SINGLE FEJ crash makes me want to slit my wrists. When will it stop? After FEJ goes away for good I suppose. It can't happen fast enough.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:36 AM
Damo260

It doesn't matter. The result is still the same... another FEJ smoldering hole in the ground. Going through the painfully excruciating ad nauseam question routine, as to the cause, other than design failure, that we constantly hear after EVERY SINGLE FEJ crash makes me want to slit my wrists. When will it stop? After FEJ goes away for good I suppose. It can't happen fast enough.
It does matter because that is pilot error for not doing the right thing because you blaming FEJ why not look how you build you planes

Oh I don't care what you say about me and end of the all of you need to grow up

And the of end they TOYS

Damo
Old 04-16-2014, 11:37 AM
SushiHunter

If someone else made a run of it, I would give them a chance. The problem is that the folks running it now are hardcore criminals who are running a fraudulent organization. They steal money from people who are uniformed of their corrupt enterprise. It makes me sick to see them still selling jets to innocent people.
During the process of looking into a jet to purchase, I did run across the FEJ's and this was way before I came across the issues which pilots have talked about experiencing with this brand. What raised flags with me in regards to FEJ was when I noticed that it's manufactured in China. I'm not bias in any shape or form, because my entire house is also filled with Asian cultural décor and 2 out of 3 of my vehicles are foreign imports. But I just got a sense that I'd want to really look into that brand before purchasing. I think it's the distance in which China is from the US. Shipping must be a fortune as I've shipped so much furniture from places like Japan to my home in the states, so I'm thinking how can a large ac be shipped to the US for the cheap price the ac is being sold for? That was the warning sign to me. If you really analyze it, they basically build these FEJ's on an assembly line with bare minimal overhead in parts, materials and labor. They have to in order to be profitable. I'm sure the shipping cost is huge and they have to make that overhead up somehow to maintain profit margin. The auto industry experienced the very same thing. That's why we have foreign auto manufacturing companies in the US, it's cheaper for them to build the vehicle here instead of building it over seas and importing it all the way across the ocean, plus I'm sure there is a lot of red tape removed since it's not technically imported into this country. If FEJ set up a full-on assembly plant in the US, I'm sure the money they saved in shipping cost would be put towards the design and materials of their ac. But the issue then would be wages of their workers. I wouldn't hesitate to believe that the minimum wage they are paying their crew to build these in China is way below what minimum wage in the US is. The wonderful world of "trade-offs". And that's why so much outsourcing to countries outside of the US has been happening..

Last edited by SushiHunter; 04-16-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:17 PM
AndyAndrews

Originally Posted by Damo260
It does matter because that is pilot error for not doing the right thing because you blaming FEJ why not look how you build you planes

Oh I don't care what you say about me and end of the all of you need to grow up

And the of end they TOYS

Damo
You are missing my point.. very rarely, and I mean VERY rarely, are any of these FEJ structural failures the cause of pilot error. As a matter of fact, I really can't recall one instance. All of the FEJ cheer leaders get on the sidelines and start RA RA RAing about how good these are and how it couldn't possibly be anything other than the fact that almost 100% of FEJ inventory is improperly constructed or designed wrong. If you had been reading these FEJ crash posts over the past 7 years like most of us here have, you would obviously get a clue.

It just gets old. Like you said, this is a tired worn out subject that just won't go away because the next polished turd FEJ puts out always follows with a new set of RA RA RA cheer leaders with minimal posts here on RCU, and minimal experience with jets, coming on trying to tell everyone here that what they already know and experienced is all just an unfortunate circumstance that will soon be rectified by FEJ.. wrong.

Last edited by AndyAndrews; 04-16-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:30 PM
SushiHunter

You are missing my point.. very rarely, and I mean VERY rarely, are any of these FEJ structural failures the cause of pilot error. As a matter of fact, I really can't recall one instance. All of the FEJ cheer leaders get on the sidelines and start RA RA RAing about how good these are and how it couldn't possibly be anything other than the fact that almost 100% of FEJ inventory is improperly constructed or designed wrong. If you had been reading these FEJ crash posts over the past 7 years like most of us here have, you would obviously get a clue.

It just gets old. Like you said, this is a tired worn out subject that just won't go away because the next polished turd FEJ puts out always follows with a new set of RA RA RA cheer leaders with minimal posts here on RCU, and minimal experience with jets, coming on trying to tell everyone here that what they already know and experienced is all just an unfortunate circumstance that will soon be rectified by FEJ.. wrong.
That's right. All the vids I've seen so far showing one of these jets going in, does so only after something has broken off of it during flight.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Airplanes400
KENTUCKY,
I'm glad that you "dodged the bullet" with your three FEJ planes. That is extremely rare. Most FEJ jets expire within 25 flights.

Most of the self-destructing FEJ incidents have been video taped & posted. So nothing is "blown out of proportion."
You didn't answer my question. But rather ignored it, and are now asking me questions. This is often the way politicians attempt to change the subject without answering questions they don't want to answer.

My statement was;
It is not normal for someone buying a jet to have to completely rebuild thier brand new jet to make it airworthy. When these jets are missing glue in critical points, or the joints do not line-up or fit together, that is unacceptable. Would you continue to buy a jet or a plane from someone in your club who builds this way? Worse than that, pay him thousands of dollars for it?

Last edited by Airplanes400; 04-16-2014 at 01:51 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.